Wesnoth Forum Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Captain_Wrathbow

Re: The Wesnoth Forum Faction Signup -Closed

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

elvish_sovereign wrote:
OT | slightly annoyed:
@Atem: Yeh, you kind of tend to post short, pointless things that really aren't necessary. Don't post unless you actually have something to say.
Thanks for the descriptions! Wow, you guys are creative... :D

Also, a small update just to keep you posted: Artistic and I are working on creating all the units and getting anims and such to work. We're roughly halfway through. Then balancing starts...
boru

Post by boru »

Boru finds it admirable that most of his compatriots did not stoop to use their character descriptions to shamelessly promote their own various and sundry Wesnothian enterprises, and he encourages you to download and play the Swamplings campaign add-on as soon as this game is won.
“It is written in my life-blood, such as that is, thick or thin; and I can no other.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

My campaign: Swamplings - Four centuries before the founding of Wesnoth, the first wolf rider emerges from a tribe of lowly swamp goblins.
markm

Post by markm »

Golbeeze keeps going and going, even when everyone else thinks he should probably stop. Even when no one seems interested in the crazy developments he is working on, Golbeeze continues until it is complete and then secretly enjoys the success all by himself. It was through this secrecy that he was able to create a steam-powered suit of armor to wreak vengeance upon those who would oppose him.
Does he get steamed up about anything in particular? Or maybe others get steamed up at him for going on and on e'en when they think he should stop? Either could maybe be drawn upon for steam power...

-MarkM- (Here ya go, some free steam coming up any moment now? ;))
Developing Between the Worlds campaign portmanteau.
Have you eaten today?
Captain_Wrathbow

:| What?

Please people, no more nonsense posts. We don't need the thread to get cluttered up or off-track.
TheBladeRoden

Post by TheBladeRoden »

here we go!
TheBladeRodens tend to be victims of their own ambition, often taking on too much at once, whether it be weaponry or era development. A jack of all trades and master of none, or a man frought with indecision, the average TheBladeRoden will bring both a respectable sword and a hefty blunderbuss to battle. This over-emcumbrance will assure preparedness, but may render a TheBladeRoden too slow to see any fight at all.
Founding Father of Columbia
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

Cool (especially Zero, I laughed out loud at that one :mrgreen: ). I'm putting the descriptions in as I post this. And let me reiterate what Captain_Wrathbow has already had to deal with twice:

No off-topic or nonsensical posts, please.

Such posts serve no purpose other than to clutter this thread and annoy those that constructively post here.
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

here's mine, but it's mostly about the sprite.
Spoiler:
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

While some wizards have achieved great magical powers through their mastery of the arcane secrets, others are also able to alter the source of the universe itself to give themselves even unnatural powers, becoming masters at weapons they never even trained to use. All of this great learning, however, means that lesser wizards are constantly trying to slay them in an unguarded moment to gain their powers. For this reason, Sapients are very evasive and reclusive, and sometimes referred to as "ninja developers" because of their abilities to teleport away and to dodge from incoming attacks.
this description ties in with the fact that I was requesting 'teleport' ability and 70% defense 8)
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Aura

Post by Aura »

God knows what in-jokes can be put in mine. There's not a lot I can think of. I'll have a go but in the meantime if anyone can think of anything suitable feel free to tell me.

Also, if it isn't too late I'd quite like to change my sprite to something original (that is, 100% made by me). I don't mind if not though.
Captain_Wrathbow

Aura wrote:Also, if it isn't too late I'd quite like to change my sprite to something original (that is, 100% made by me). I don't mind if not though.
Lol, actually yours is one of the few units that haven't been made yet. (there's only like four left) So sure, you can change. What do you want to use? :)
Aura

Post by Aura »

I'm working on it right now, will upload as soon as I am done.
Araja

Post by Araja »

Arajas are incorporeal beings which roam the land of Irdya searching for entertainment. In their natural form they are nothing more than ghostly voices known to follow heroes or observe battles. When an Araja decides to fight it appears as a magical symbol, drifting across the ground like a patch of moonlight. When an enemy approaches, a column of energy rises from the circle and lashes out with deadly force. Arajas cannot be truly killed, merely returned to their ghostly state. As such, they have a carefree attitude and are known for chatting amiably or discussing the scenery while the enemy close in.

Notes: This unit rarely stops talking.
I imagined myself as a slow, fragile unit with all 3 magical damage types at range, although a fast skirmisher thing might also work. Either way, I can change the description depending on what I actually become. Balance obeys no man :P
Aura

Post by Aura »

Ok, this should be fine (not happy about the pose of the blade but otherwise).

someone

Post by someone »

I had forgotten about this page, glad I found it again. :)
Here's what I have for description:
Spoiler:
Expanding Wesnoth

You are an Arch Mage - You're definitely intelligent, but some people would say you spend too much time inside. The power you have learned, however, is simply unmatched.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

here's my description:
Spoiler:
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code