User-Made Campaign List

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Turuk
Sithslayer

User-Made Campaign List

Post by Turuk »

http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/List_Of_Campaigns

Updated as of 7/20/2009

-------

Thread cleaned up. Note that this page currently covers all the 1.6 content and will eventually cover 1.7 content.

--------

I have made a updated wiki page of all the user made campaigns.

Each campaign is listed by the title, given description, author, maintainer (last known, even if no maintenance is actually being made), status of campaign, version/scenarios, and a link to the appropriate forum thread for that campaign.

This will be updated once a month, but potentially every two weeks, and I will date this first post in order to inform of when the list was updated/changed.

If you are the author/maintainer of a UMC and you have found that I have made a mistake, you are going in a different direction, you are pulling your content from the add-on server, or even that you are putting a new campaign on it, please let me know. I will monitor the Scenario & Campaign Development forum in an effort to keep my list as up to date as possible.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
CountPenguin

Re: User-Made Campaign List

Post by CountPenguin »

thanks for updating it! now you just have to update your signature link
CountPenguin

Currently working on Siege of Soradoc. Except not anymore, but you can take over if you want!
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Ha, duh on my part, thanks.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

Where is TWOT? Does it not count?
Ehhhh... don't mind me, I'm just the annoying little modder who gets on peoples nerves. I'll just lurk till Someone says my name. :P

Oh, and also Creator of The War Of Terrador
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Dragonchampion wrote:Where is TWOT? Does it not count?
Fixed. Did not account for it initially because I did those with campaign designations, though I know your add-on has the campaign in with the era.
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

There's 15 playable scenarios, not 7...
Ehhhh... don't mind me, I'm just the annoying little modder who gets on peoples nerves. I'll just lurk till Someone says my name. :P

Oh, and also Creator of The War Of Terrador
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Noted and fixed, I did not update my download.
mystik

Post by mystik »

I have some ideas: I think there should be an information in the list about in what world/time campaign takes place. At least separate campaigns in official Wesnoth history, Wesnoth alternate history or distant past or future and camapingns in other fictional worlds. Also I think I should be good if there is some information if some campaign is candidate for mainline.

I currently looking for some new campaign to play. And i wolud like some what takes place in official Wesnoth history and it was quite difficult to find just by reading the descriptions. So I think it should by useful for others.
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

mystik wrote:I currently looking for some new campaign to play. And i wolud like some what takes place in official Wesnoth history and it was quite difficult to find just by reading the descriptions. So I think it should by useful for others.
If it's a mainline campaign, it is official Wesnoth history. If it is not a mainline campaign, its events are not official, canonical Wesnoth.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
solsword
Code Contributor

Post by solsword »

Aethaeryn wrote: If it's a mainline campaign, it is official Wesnoth history. If it is not a mainline campaign, its events are not official, canonical Wesnoth.
True, but that's not what mystik was asking about. There are a bunch of (okay, maybe only a couple) campaigns that are implicitly or explicitly aiming for mainline (think IftU, or is that mainline by now?), and there's a huge difference between these, and say, Spacenoth-type stuff. Heck, IftU, UtBS and such are even in a different class from most mainline campaigns in terms of flavor and setting. I think the best way to achieve something like this categorization (which might be a lot of work to maintain otherwise) is to encourage authors to put dates in their descriptions (which are posted on the wiki). Anything that has a YW date can then be clearly seen as a "core Wesnoth mythology" campaign, at least in intention. The date would also indicate a rough era (for campaigns after the fall, they might just try to say "after the fall" instead of giving an exact date, since I'm pretty sure that exact YW dates of IftU, UtBS etc. are not known). Anything that doesn't have a date would then be either "other" or just "my designer was too lazy to date me". Of course, some campaigns don't necessarily have a specific date, even though they take place "some time during normal Wesnoth history", but I think that these campaigns might benefit from a date in terms of continuity with other campaigns.
The Knights of the Silver Spire campaign.

http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~pmawhorter - my website.

Teamcolors for everyone! PM me for a teamcolored version of your sprite, or you can do it yourself. If you just happen to like magenta, no hard feelings?
EvilEarl
Location: It's not like you will ever find me, so I won't take the effort to remember where I am.

Post by EvilEarl »

Nice, Insane Hermit is on the list now. :D
Current Project:
Insane Hermit
That second campaign will probably become a book instead, or a movie or a game or something. Sorry guys.
EvilEarl
Location: It's not like you will ever find me, so I won't take the effort to remember where I am.

Post by EvilEarl »

Insane Hermit is on haitus and pulled from the server. So when you update the list for 1.8 you can just remove it completely or mark is as broken and unavailable.
Current Project:
Insane Hermit
That second campaign will probably become a book instead, or a movie or a game or something. Sorry guys.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

I suspect that this list isn't really maintained anymore.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Desert_Shyde

Post by Desert_Shyde »

How do I go about getting The Militia on the list? It's now in version 0.85 and is a Work in Progress.
The Militia
Merry Christmas
Journey to the North Pole
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

Post it on the add-on server? Also, right above you:
shadowmaster wrote:I suspect that this list isn't really maintained anymore.