The Rise of Camdar SP Campaign

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Frigeridio

The Rise of Camdar SP Campaign

Post by Frigeridio »

To Vladcara + Aura

Hi there,
nice campaign so far, I like the story, but the campaign so far is quite unbalanced (definitely too easy on normal).
I lost a single unit in the flight scenario, giving me plenty of loyal troops afterwards. Maybe you just give the player normal troops, or at least not all of them with the loyal trait.
In the second map some more terrain variation would be welcome.
In the third scenario, when you get to the orc city you want to take over, the orcish ruler never gets to take advantage of his far superior income as by the time he starts building it up I already had him surrounded and quickly killed just outside his city walls.
Maybe some city guards or a fortified outpost would help to slow the player down, letting the orcs build up some strength. As well pulling some strings on the AI keeping the orcish leader at least inside his city walls would prevent a quick kill without a real fight.

I came until the Goblin assault on "new" Camdar:
Once I kill the last Goblin leader I get the "Success Mylord" message and immediately afterwards I get an map header error message as attached.

Might want to have a look into it.
Attachments
WesnothScreenSnapz002.jpg
Once there was "l'ultimo cruco", but he got lost in a forum crash...
May his posts rest in peace.
Vladcara

Re: The Rise of Camdar SP Campaign

Post by Vladcara »

Hello, and thanks for the feedback. I shall definitely take it into account when I patch the campaign next. Much appreciated.

On the 'map error' note, I have fixed it and uploaded the debugged campaign to the add-on server.

(TO ALL: I was going to make my own thread, but Frigeridio beat me to it. So, please post any comments/suggestions/bug reports below.)

Thanks again,
Vladcara
'Wow, Brazil's big!'
George Bush, when shown a map of the world
Aura

Post by Aura »

Well hopefully Vladcara can get this fixed, and then I can work on some more graphics. Just drop me a PM when you decide what units you want me to work on :)
ydcl

Post by ydcl »

Hi, when I finish the "goblins" scenario, I've a bug, after finish this turn :
Attachments
RoC-Goblins_Tour_18.gz
(26.15 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
Vladcara

Post by Vladcara »

try redownloading it-it should work now.
'Wow, Brazil's big!'
ydcl

Post by ydcl »

No, the bug still here.
Vladcara

Post by Vladcara »

ok-what kind of bug is it?
'Wow, Brazil's big!'
ydcl

Post by ydcl »

I guess, is this one. Sorry, I don't a lot about computing.
Attachments
RoC-Goblins_Tour_18.gz
(26.15 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
Tiptopdu

Post by Tiptopdu »

Good Campaign. Good scenario. Perhaps too easy, but I played in easy mode...
A good point would be to insert new kinds of units. Just an idea like that :-)

Anyway, when I've arrived at the scenario called "Soradoc", I killed everybody (they were not a lot...), I defeated the commander of Soradoc garnison as asked, and.... nothing happend. I stayed alone on the map :-)

Any idea? A bug? Maybe I forgot something? Help would be welcomed, because I'd be curious to know the end of this story!

A+
ydcl

Post by ydcl »

Sorry, I didn't attach the file. Here go :
Attachments
RoC-Goblins_Tour_18.gz
(26.15 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
RoC-Goblins_Tour_18.gz
(26.15 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
Vladcara

Post by Vladcara »

@ Tiptopdu: Sorry, a typing error. Fixed! Redownload and it should work. Also, thanks for the feedback-always nice to hear some positive comments

@ ydcl: Ok...well, I don't know. It should work-it works for me, and for Tiptopdu if he managed to get to the Soradoc scenario. I really have no idea. If someone else could enlighten me, that'd be great!
'Wow, Brazil's big!'
Tiptopdu

Post by Tiptopdu »

Thanks for the quick answer!

I've seen you asked precise questions on game difficulty in an other topic. I will answer better after having finished this party.

Have a nice evening,

Tiptopdu
markm

Post by markm »

I found it disconcerting right from the start, when I found myself on what typical Wesnoth scenario map conventions would have me believe to be the west end of a map I was seemingly expected to head eastwards on.

I went back to read the story frames again, and noticed that although I had correctly read that the flight was in a westward direction, the story-image showing folk on horses travelling also seemed - again according to typical Wesnoth-scenario conventions - to be heading east.

I have thus come here to suggest that you consider flipping that story-image to make the riders seem to be heading toward the reader's left instead of toward the reader's right, and similarly with the map, so you start on your right and aim to escape to your left.

I do not recall any other Wesnoth scenario in which the association between west and east / left and right are reversed as they seem to be in the first scenario of this campaign.

If it is in fact the case that, despite fleeing overall toward the west over the long haul, we are in fact doubling back toward the east momentarily for this scenario, maybe it would help to give some reason, so the reader does not think the author, or possibly even the characters themselves, have gotten west and east confused.

(Maybe these characters aren't very bright, and are actually fleeing back toward Wesnoth?)

(Or maybe you meant east rather than west all along: they actually live east of wherever, they actually are fleeing east, the kingdom they are to set up is to be east of Wesnoth not west of Wesnoth??? ??? ???)

-MarkM- (Sorry if ranting, but the directions convention in scenarios seems normally very stable/standard...)
Developing Between the Worlds campaign portmanteau.
Have you eaten today?
Vladcara

Post by Vladcara »

@ tiptopdu: You're welcome

@ markm: Whoa! Getting picky! But no worries-picky's good! I like a challenge. You are, of course, right-the characters are heading east, but I typed the wrong direction. Will fix in next update. Thanks for your feedback.
'Wow, Brazil's big!'
markm

Post by markm »

Aha, we actually are meant to go east eh? In that case, thanks, I'll go see if I can help them do that! :)

-MarkM- (That is, I'll go play it now... :))
Developing Between the Worlds campaign portmanteau.
Have you eaten today?