Yu-Gi-Oh Stuff

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sir_Koi

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh Stuff

Post by Sir_Koi »

2 Solar Flare Dragons (although I prefer 3) - dealing up to 1500 unblockable damage per turn
Spoiler:
Dark Room of Nightmare - dealing up to 900 extra damage per turn
Spoiler:
Either Monster Reborn, Monster Reincarnation or Premature Burial - to get a dragon back on the field
Spoiler:
Magic Jammer - to stop magic effects which may place the dragons out of play/take over by the opponent
Spoiler:
Mask of the Accursed - to stall for time/extra damage
Spoiler:
Any combination of trap cards which destroy monsters put in play/attacking such as dimensional prison, trap hole etc. - for defence
Pentarctagon wrote:I don't suppose anyone has watched Yu-Gi-Oh The Abridged Series? :P
Guilty... in America!
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."
Midnight_Carnival

Post by Midnight_Carnival »

There's actually a Yu-Gi-Oh game?!
I thought you just had to buy a whole lot of cards...
...apparenly we can't go with it or something.
HomerJ

Post by HomerJ »

Midnight_Carnival wrote:There's actually a Yu-Gi-Oh game?!
Nono, there is an actual game. But of course you "gotta catch'em all"... :lol2:
When I was interested in this I bought some cards (Dragons Roar structure deck), but I have never played a single game...

I liked the videogames though that I have... seen people play as roms.

Greetz
HomerJ
Six years without a signature!
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Midnight_Carnival wrote:There's actually a Yu-Gi-Oh game?!
We played on the bus seats back when I was in school.
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Pentarctagon wrote:I don't suppose anyone has watched Yu-Gi-Oh The Abridged Series? :P
When I am in the mood to watch Yu-Gi-Oh, I actually watch that instead of an actual dub. And when I DO watch the actual dub, my mind is still set in abridged mode so I can't take them seriously. (Not that I could anyway)
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

I don't think I've ever actually played the game, because when the fad came to my region I wasn't old enough to understand it, just to spend money on the cards. More recently though I met someone who played, which made me look through my cards.

I think they tried to make it more fair now, though: I heard monster reborn is restricted, a whole bunch of other cards are limited (you can only have 1) and you can have a max of three of the same card.

My favorite card is blue eyes shining because it's immune to magic trap and effects. I'm not a fan of getting many high attack monsters, since a trap hole or man eater bug or other effect can destroy it so easily. It also gets bonuses from dragons in the grave, so I can buff it alot and make it really strong.
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Hulavuta wrote:
When I am in the mood to watch Yu-Gi-Oh, I actually watch that instead of an actual dub. And when I DO watch the actual dub, my mind is still set in abridged mode so I can't take them seriously. (Not that I could anyway)
I didn't like the manga or anime at all ever. It has literally nothing to do with the card game. It's the same brand yes. It has the same monster names, that do totally different things. It has the same trap card names that do totally different things. It has the same magic cards that do totally different things. They didn't even play it properly anymore.

The show was just really long commercials for the card game and a way for them to introduce new gimmicks for parents to go out and buy.
chaoticwanderer

Post by chaoticwanderer »

Ah yes. Yugioh. Even during the two or so years I played it I already noticed massive power creep. I remember once having a four-star card with 1400 ATK and 1200 DEF. Later, a friend of mine had a four-star monster with 1800 ATK and 1600 DEF. O_O

And yes, YGO abridged is one of the funniest things on the internet. :)
The RNG helps those who help themselves.
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Gambit wrote:
Hulavuta wrote: When I am in the mood to watch Yu-Gi-Oh, I actually watch that instead of an actual dub. And when I DO watch the actual dub, my mind is still set in abridged mode so I can't take them seriously. (Not that I could anyway)
I didn't like the manga or anime at all ever. It has literally nothing to do with the card game. It's the same brand yes. It has the same monster names, that do totally different things. It has the same trap card names that do totally different things. It has the same magic cards that do totally different things. They didn't even play it properly anymore.

The show was just really long commercials for the card game and a way for them to introduce new gimmicks for parents to go out and buy.

"Card games on motorbikes!!!!"
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
AtemTheLightning

Post by AtemTheLightning »

5ds are gay.
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

"I finally figured out what the D stands for in Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's! Don't watch it!"
~Sierra
HomerJ

Post by HomerJ »

Little known fact:
In the German dubbing, Yami-Bakura had the same voice as Piccolo from DBZ!

Greetz
HomerJ
Six years without a signature!
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Was it the same actor or was it a coincidence?
~Sierra
Monroid

Post by Monroid »

In Brazil, the same guy sings all the opening anime songs that are sent here

The dubbing system usualy has just one company to translate the voices on a determined genre (i.e.: anime, regular cartoons, movies, etc.) and if one company has too many "jobs", you'll be sure to hear the same voice a lot of times (specialy the voices directed to main characters... some of those have the "tone of the hero", so it ends up as a lot of main characters from different programs to have the same voice)

Oh, right, Yu-Gi-Oh... well... I enjoyed the XG series (XG? XG or XD? I don't remember) while it lasted :P

Ah, right, thanks Atem... GX then :)
Last edited by Monroid on July 5th, 2010, 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AtemTheLightning

Post by AtemTheLightning »

Gx. Watch Yu-Gi-Oh! US on youtube. Best show ever!