What do you hate about Wesnoth multiplayer?

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

CleverFool

What do you hate about Wesnoth multiplayer?

Post by CleverFool »

The worst thing I hate is being banned in the middle of the long game by a player who disagrees with you. I also hate being called a newbie when I try some new strategy, especially when it works. What do you hate? :lol2:
Gambit
Loose Screw

Re: What do you hate about Wesnoth multiplayer?

Post by Gambit »

When people make threads with the sole intention of airing dirty laundry from the multilayer server when there is actually a whole group of people dedicated to helping them out. :lol2:
CleverFool

Post by CleverFool »

Gambit wrote:When people make threads with the sole intention of airing dirty laundry from the multilayer server when there is actually a whole group of people dedicated to helping them out. :lol2:
I do not think any dedicated group of people would help me here. Unless some of them is professional psychologist, of course. :)
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

They can investigate incidents and take action when necessary.
Only the former of your two issues really applies I guess, and historically they've not done much in that area since the host owns the game.

However, in general there's been a policy of "Don't discuss misbehavior from the multiplayer server here on the forums. Private message a moderator." Even threads made for discussing(like this one) and not reporting specific incidents have been locked in the past
CleverFool

Post by CleverFool »

I remembered thing that I hate even more. When someone says that I was lucky in the game I won. :mrgreen:
CleverFool

Post by CleverFool »

Gambit wrote:They can investigate incidents and take action when necessary.
Only the former of your two issues really applies I guess, and historically they've not done much in that area since the host owns the game.

However, in general there's been a policy of "Don't discuss misbehavior from the multiplayer server here on the forums. Private message a moderator." Even threads made for discussing(like this one) and not reporting specific incidents have been locked in the past
I am sorry, I did not meant to complaint at all. In that games I am talking about, most probably, I was banned for a reason. I did play badly or was rude or something. I just wanted to say that I hate when this happens. It makes easier to live through when you can talk about it :roll:
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

Don't double post, please. Use the 'Edit' button.
CleverFool

Post by CleverFool »

elvish_sovereign wrote:Don't double post, please. Use the 'Edit' button.
I guess forum engine malfunctioned.
Monroid

Post by Monroid »

I don't know if I hate a non-standard timer for the turns... sometimes people start to talk in their turns and all, and then 1 minute passes, 5 minutes passes... 18 freaking minutes passes! And if I complain, I'm kicked...

Maybe 3 or 5 minutes as the "standard" option for matches (of course, infinite time would still be available, but players would be warned) would be enough... but I might as well be wrong :|
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

I hate when my teammate screws everything up and leaves. :evil:
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Midnight_Carnival

Post by Midnight_Carnival »

I hate that I have Linux at home on which I have installed v1.4 (I think) but no intenet, and here in the internet centre they have windows, so I can't bring Wesnoth from home to play, furthermore, they wipe the disks every night at 00:00, so if I wanted to play multiplayer Wesnoth (which it so happens I do!) I'd have to re-install it every time I wanted a game, and then there is the chance that after downloading the file, + whatever tool is needed for the tgz thing to work on Windows, I still won't get a game because other people will be asleep on account of being in a different time-zone.

I also hate the way that I feel like a complete noob for shouting my mouth off on the fourms but not having an army of the undead to back it up!

And then do you want to know what else I hate? I hate that the only action I get is hostseat, and I haven't played in months, and when I invite my friends back to my place for a game they think I have -um dubious intentions! "do you want to come to my place and play a turn-based fantasy strategy game? it's a lot of fun, only I don't have intenet at home, so I can't play agianst other people until my family comes to visit" -response: "dude, I'm kind of not gay." -which it so happens I'm not either. And what I hate even worse than that is the DotA people! "do you want to come to my place and play a turn-based fantasy strategy game? it's a lot of fun, only I don't have intenet at home, so I can't play agianst other people until my family comes to visit" -response: "dude, you can come over to my place and play DotA all day" Yes, I could also eat different coloured food to make creative vomit-art, but I don't though!

And then I'll tell you what else I hate: I hate it when you get these people, like even freaky goth chicks with extreme pirecings, and you try to be friendly to them, not for any reason other than you think they're interesting, and they are all friendly back, then you find out from thier friends that they are actually scared of you and were only pretending to be friendly because they thought it would make you less likely to physically assault them. I haven't hurt anyone in literally years! the last time I fought was to protect myself and my family and then I wasn't given a chance. But people always got to look at me like I want to kill them. If I wanted to kill people I'd ... sorry, what was the question again?
...apparenly we can't go with it or something.
Sir_Koi

Post by Sir_Koi »

I hate that I can't play it without it randomly crashing on me :wink:
Don't take for granted that which you have. :roll:
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

The Lobby, (still on 1.8.0) quitters, bad partners, Elitists(People that think they are awesome) the long amount of time it takes to play which creates lots of quitters.
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

Isar's Cross :augh:
Chris7mas

Post by Chris7mas »

Join and go out for a pizza.
Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air...
TuxArena - Linux news, tutorials, articles & reviews