Wesnoth Music Player (Old)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Wesnoth Music Player (Old)

Post by Pentarctagon »

This add-on will play songs from the core Wesnoth and (depending on what you have installed) from the add-ons UMC Music Book 1-12 as well as West's Chronicles I and II. To add any other songs, just drop them into *wesnoth directory*/data/core/music. You can listen to these songs once through, loop them, and create playlists that persist between scenarios.

The version for stable Wesnoth is updated until new features are used which are only available for the development version. The version uploaded for the development version tracks the latest revision in Wesnoth's github repository.

WML Syntax Highlighter
The file userDefineLang.zip is is for anyone who uses notepad++. It will highlight WML tags/keys/some symbols. It will be updated as I run into tags/keys that I didn't include originally, if you find a tag/key that it doesn't cover then please let me know.

The file gedit.zip is for anyone that uses gedit. It includes two files: a color scheme (based on the Cobalt theme) and a language configuration file. An example of what it looks like is here.
Attachments
gedit.zip
(1.75 KiB) Downloaded 494 times
userDefineLang.zip
(8.55 KiB) Downloaded 526 times
Last edited by Pentarctagon on April 19th, 2011, 1:18 am, edited 33 times in total.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
wesfreak

Re: Pent's ports and add-ons

Post by wesfreak »

Can't wait to play the rpg. You could use a random map generator for the map, couldn't you? (like with Ken_Oh's rpg, wesband I think) Or if you don't want a series of maps kind of thing/want it to be the same every time/other reason you could take a random map as a base and edit it the way you want, though that will still probably take a while.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

learning how to generate a random map is on my intangible list of of things I want to eventually learn how to do :P . I will probably try and make the rpg more of a 'world map' kind of thing.
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

Aha, another RPG in the works! :D Good luck with that (and with the rest of your projects). :)
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Also, I just (hopefully) finished the WML for the era, which will probably be released tomorrow after bug-checks.
itota

Post by itota »

hi Pentarctagon.

i have moded the 3p-survival once again.
the announce that says the next spawn type was shown 1 turn before the next spawn.
now it is changed to the last spawn.
i belive this is nicer to players than before. please update this if u also think this is better. if not, nvm tho ;)
Attachments
3pSurvival.cfg
(8.47 KiB) Downloaded 648 times
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

since that option's purpose is to help out newer players, i'd say this version is definitely an improvement :) . just uploaded the new version.
MCP

Post by MCP »

There was one thing with DotG I should have done, make more maps.

Different shapes, for 1 v 1, 2 v 2, 2 v 2 v 2, whatever I was thinking at the time.

But I never got around to making sure the current version was balanced, although I tried, and nobody played it anymore. DotG 1 was insanely popular at some point in 2006, iirc, and then DotG 2 also got some serious playing time, but then trailed off. If it picks up you'll probably have some work to balance it.

Good luck and thanks for taking over!

Also, all play testing and comments lead me to believe terrain changing is unbalanced. It either needs to be less dramatic and more refined, or removed completely, the first choice obviously being more difficult to figure out.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

I've got a lot of free time now that its summer, so I will look at the terrain changes soon.
MCP

Post by MCP »

DotG 2 bug:
Creeps, the peasants, take villages. They should never do that.

Weapons need serious balancing. I do not think I uploaded the version where I changed it so people can buy every weapon damage type melee and ranged, for the same price. No special add ons.

On turn two, I couldn't enter the shop with a unit that had been killed and resurrected. Actually it appears it cannot ever enter the shop again. I will try to reproduce with a system, otherwise I've attached the saved game.

I've also made an over sight with right click to enter shop:
In the case you go to your shop and then attack an enemy, you shouldn't be able to shop after attacking them? (dunno if that's ok or not)
Attachments
DotG_II_CC_by_MCP-Auto-Save1.gz
(194.15 KiB) Downloaded 656 times
DotG_II_CC_by_MCP-Auto-Save2.gz
(196.59 KiB) Downloaded 672 times
DotG_II_CC_by_MCP-Auto-Save3.gz
(198.68 KiB) Downloaded 662 times
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

the problem with the creeps is that avoid tags now overwrite each other, so the DOTG_AVOIDANCE macro made them only avoid the last x,y coordinates listed there.

I'm pretty sure that I didn't touch the weapon specials, much less add entire new weapons to the shop.
-edit: I just checked the version on the 1.6 server and the only thing that I changed was uncommenting the 3 magical weapon specials (since everything else seemed to have some kind of special on it) and removing a duplicate weapon (there were 2 elven bows, though one of them said it was a melee blade attack when it was actually ranged pierce).

I wasn't able to reproduce this :hmm:

No, it doesn't make sense to be able to heal right after you took damage from attacking someone, I'll fix that too.
itota

Post by itota »

hi Pentarctagon. thank you for maintaining nice add-ons.

i have implemented general info function to 2vs2Survival.
please update them.

NOTE: macros.cfg has to be placed in the folder "Nosmos_SurvivalPack"

TO SURVIVAL MAP CREATORS:
I hope this function is implemented other survival maps. please please implement the function. and please reuse the code if u can. (not so many tho)
Attachments
NSP.tar.gz
OLD
the newest version is in ...
[url]http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=30618[/url]

FIXED: version number ^^;)
(4.19 KiB) Downloaded 654 times
NSP.tar.gz
OLD (new version is above)
IMPROVED: option choose event (event turn 1 side 1) is moved to macro.cfg
(4.18 KiB) Downloaded 695 times
3pSurvival.cfg
(7.13 KiB) Downloaded 763 times
2vs2Survival.cfg
(7.38 KiB) Downloaded 681 times
macros.cfg
(1.65 KiB) Downloaded 973 times
Last edited by itota on July 9th, 2010, 3:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

add-on updated :)
nelson

Defense of the Goblin bugs - really awful

Post by nelson »

Hi! Defense of the Goblin currently has one really awful bug that makes the game unplayable with 6 players: The last player on the right (usually colored orange by default) cannot shop. The right click menu when they stand on a shop has a spells option, but no shopping option. Obviously under these circumstances the right side team cannot win. The only option right now is to play 2 player games, which is unsatisfactory.

There's also another "feature" that is probably a bug: In current versions, the creeps grab villages, which they did not do in previous versions. When you look at the stats, grabbing villages actually causes the AI to develop significant negative income, which I assume was intended to make the AI not want to grab those villages in the first place. I have no idea why that would have stopped working, but in my opinion the game is better when the creeps don't try to grab villages, since they can do nothing useful with the income.
UPDATE: OK, I see the creeps grabbing villages is a known issue, sorry if this is a repeat.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

the last player not being able to shop was a mistype on my part, sorry about that :oops: . the ai taking villages has already been fixed, and I will upload a new version with the fixed shop option when the add-on server is back up.