[Complete] Quick Tournament Signup

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dixie

Re: Quick Tournament Signup

Post by Dixie »

Hey, I just remembered that I'm actually absent this weekend too, on june 19-20, so... strike me out, I guess. Sorry guys :?
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny - Frank Zappa
Current projects: Internet meme Era, The Settlers of Wesnoth
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

hm. I think everyone should say what's his time zone. If we'll get many players from different time zones it will take less days I think. It will be harder to organise the final though. For instance, if one player would be from USA, second one from UK, third from France and the last one from Australia :|
I'd be glad to play it on 25th, my school year will end by then and I will be free
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Chris7mas

Post by Chris7mas »

I'd like to participate in this tournament too, this idea sounds very good. I may be able to find some teammates if I can find them in the lobby.
Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air...
TuxArena - Linux news, tutorials, articles & reviews
jonny

Post by jonny »

Ok, the tournament will be from 6/25-7/4.

Here's how to sign up, post:

Your in game name - City (Country) - Your time zone (GMT optional but preffered)

For example, i would post:

jonny/Roc - Los Angeles (USA) - PDT (GMT-7)

It's one post per player not per team. I will organize the schedule depending on your time zones. Please be as accurate as possible with your time zone, so that I can investigate the time differences. If you have any trouble let me know.
Last edited by jonny on June 15th, 2010, 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Okay...

Hulavuta - Orlando, Florida (USA) GMT-5
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
Chris7mas

Post by Chris7mas »

OK, here it goes:

Chris7mas - Bucharest (Romania) - EEST (GMT+2)
Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air...
TuxArena - Linux news, tutorials, articles & reviews
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

Dunno - Warsaw (Poland) - CET (GMT +2)

See? we have 3[acronym=Ninja'd]4[/acronym] players and 3 different time zones.
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
jonny

Post by jonny »

There's been a change in the schedule to accommodate all players from different time zones. The start date is the same.
First round - Friday (6/25)-Sunday (6/27)
Second round - Monday (6/28)-Thursday(7/1)
Final round - Friday(7/2)-Sunday(7/4)

You will set your own games up, but you must complete them before the deadlines.
Rocier

Post by Rocier »

Roc - Phoenix (USA) - PDT (GMT-7)
Caphriel

Post by Caphriel »

Caphriel / Guderian - USA - GMT-4

Scheduling matches might be a little difficult for us... Any chance of getting the rounds extended to an entire week? I rarely have time to play more than one long 2v2 a day, and some days I don't have time at all.

Edit: What about a timer setting for the games? Or are they to be played untimed? Can games be saved and suspended?
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

elvish_sovereign - Philadelphia, USA (GMT -5)

Same with Caphriel, my busy days are scattered amongnthose amongst those days and it'll be much easier if the rounds were set to a week.

EDIT: Should be fine now it being a round a week.
Last edited by monochromatic on June 17th, 2010, 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
F8 Binds...
Saurian Cartographer

Post by F8 Binds... »

The "official" wesnothian tournament, Tournament of Champions, gives a week for each round if I recall correctly. This is due to the diversity of time zones between opponents.

However, this was a 1v1 tournament.

Getting 4 players to all meet at a certain time, even on a daily basis, is nearly impossible. I am not saying that you should not go through with the tournament, but I definitely feel that anyone that has any job / other restrictions would not be able to participate in the tournament, which definitely leaves out a majority of wesnothians.

There was another 2v2 tournament, that I think ended in flames. It was quite a while ago, similar to yours, and even on a weekly basis had severe troubles playing the appropriate number of matches.

Just some things to consider.
Proud creator of 4p- Underworld. Fascinated by Multiplayer design and balance.
I am the lone revenant of the n3t clan.
jonny

Post by jonny »

Thank you F8 Binds and others. I'll give it a week for each round, which means 3 games per week with 1 different opponent each week. I think this can be manageable.

The hardest games to manage are those of the first week, but I can be flexible for that week. I hope getting 2 teams to play 3 matches on the last week isn't too difficult. So there might be a few bumps the first week or two but as long as we get those matches done sooner or later we can have a decent tournament. Keep in mind that you may win two games in a row and it won't be necessary to play a third game in the same week.

And please. Serious sign-ups only. Do not sign up if you can't commit.
Caphriel

Post by Caphriel »

I just want to say, it's hard to commit to something that keeps changing under you. Also, my teammate is definitely in, but it's going to take some prodding to get him to come post.
donkey_noob_trash1

Post by donkey_noob_trash1 »

Caphriel wrote:I just want to say, it's hard to commit to something that keeps changing under you. Also, my teammate is definitely in, but it's going to take some prodding to get him to come post.
Yes, some *extreme* prodding, if I may. Who is this mysterious teammate you speak of, Caphriel? ;)

Caphriel/ Guderian (me)

USA

MST

Is that all I need?
"Oh noes, I'm trapped by corporeal beings!" -Caphriel (in a discussion about ghosts and ZoC)