[Complete] Quick Tournament Signup

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jonny

[Complete] Quick Tournament Signup

Post by jonny »

Hi I'm organizing a quick 2v2 tournament. I need at least 8 teams to get this started, that's 16 players total. If you don't have a partner I can provide you with someone else who doesn't have one. Each match will have a series of 3 games, so best out of 3 wins. If you lose the series you will be eliminated. I might make the final match 5 games to make it more fair.

This tournament will take 2-3 days. With the first round on the first day, the second round follows either the same day or the next, and the final on the last day. You will choose your faction that you must stick with for the entire tournament. No randoms, and no switching factions. So try to find a balance with your teammate.

I will choose the first map for each round, thereafter the loser picks the map. For example, the first map of the first round will be Clash. Team A beats team B so team B chooses Loris River for the second game, and team B wins. Now team A gets to choose the next map since they lost.

I will post further details when I get a good amount of players signed up. Feel free to use this forum to get to know other players and partner up with others. This will be a very fun tournament, but you must sign up to get it started!

UPDATE

Start Date - Friday (6/25)
First round - Week 1
Second round - Week 2
Final round - Week 3

You will set your own games up, but you must complete them before the deadlines.

Here's how to sign up. Post:

Your in game name/teammate's name - City (Country) - Your time zone (GMT optional but preffered)

For example, i would post:

jonny/Roc - Los Angeles (USA) - PDT (GMT-7)

It's one post per player not per team. I will organize the schedule depending on your time zones. Please be as accurate as possible with your time zone, so that I can investigate the time differences. If you have any trouble let me know. If you need a teammate make a note in your post.

Please. Serious sign-ups only. Do not sign up if you can't commit.
Last edited by jonny on June 17th, 2010, 12:13 am, edited 7 times in total.
Hulavuta

Re: Quick Tournament Signup

Post by Hulavuta »

I'll play, but I doubt that the tournament will work.
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
jonny

Post by jonny »

Great, a reply already. Have faith please. As long as we get the sign ups, we will get this started. I have a teammate, so this means only 13 players left to sign up.
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Wait, was that supposed to be sarcastic or not? I honestly hope this works, but I kinda doubt it will. Perhaps if you contact an MP mod or something, they can more easily manage it on the server.
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
jonny

Post by jonny »

No not sarcastic at all. Just excited since I didn't expect anyone to reply so soon. Thanks for joining.
Caphriel

Post by Caphriel »

Am I correct in assuming this is an elimination tournament? When are you planning to start it? Will the rounds be played on sequential days? How many people do you think have time to play 3 2v2 games in a day, for 3 days in a row?

Please post further details sooner rather than later.
Telaron

Post by Telaron »

I'll play, though I have a question...

#1 when is this being played?
(I will have to take a break from Wesnoth at the end of this week)
Check out the FOSS game Sumwars
Wish I had more time for composing music...
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

I might sign up to participate, although I'm somewhat of an average player. And I don't have a team mate. Will wait for more details 'bout the schedules :)
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny - Frank Zappa
Current projects: Internet meme Era, The Settlers of Wesnoth
jonny

Post by jonny »

Yes this is an elimination tournament.

As far as scheduling goes it would be ideal to finish 2-3 games in one day, but since everyone has their own scheduling conflicts I might change it to one game per day. It's having enough time in a day vs having enough time in a week or two. My thoughts are to start on a Friday and end on a Sunday, so if I get enough people this week the tournament will be from 6/18-6/20. If not then from 6/25-6/27.

My last option would be to make it a 9 day tournament from 6/18-6/26, with one game per day.

Also, I have chosen to make the final a 3 game series instead of 5.

I know it's hard to gather people for a tournament like this, so your feedback is welcome. The more interest in this the better.
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

Sounds interesting, although I don't have a good enough connection to play mp very often. :( However, if you're looking to drum up interest, might I suggest adding a link to this thread in your signature?
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

As far as I'm concerned, I won't be available between the 23 and 28 of june. But if this fits more people, just flush me, it's ok :)
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny - Frank Zappa
Current projects: Internet meme Era, The Settlers of Wesnoth
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

I might join, but I need to ask, will you ban Isars' Cross?
jonny

Post by jonny »

Oh i forgot to mention, NO ISAR'S CROSS, lol.

And thanks for the tip artisticdude.
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

:lol2: well, I'll see with schedule if it'll work for me.
Rocier

Post by Rocier »

This shall be da most epic tourny evar! Sign up! and prepare to be roflstomped! tell ur in game friends plz. It would be awsome to get a group of decent players togeather for some freindly compitition :eng: