No Sceptre in HttT Scepter of fire

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
kenlong69

No Sceptre in HttT Scepter of fire

Post by kenlong69 »

HI all,

This is my fist post so go easy on me! :-)

First, let me say I LOVE this game and have really enjoyed it up to this level. I am playing Wesnoth on the iPad.

I cannot find the scetpre anywhere, I have gotten to 45 turns and have seen the entire map. I can upload screen shots if it helps, so you can see if I missed any areas.

Are there any secret areas (like the wall crumble when you get near)?

Also, are there a finite number of places the sceptre can be or is it completely random each game?

Thanks for any help you can offer!
Ken
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Re: No Sceptre in HttT Scepter of fire

Post by Sapient »

If you're willing to go to the dark side of the "debug mode," then you can discover the coordinates quite easily.
Spoiler:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
kenlong69

Post by kenlong69 »

haha, I'd be happy to at this point but I'm using the iPad version, how do I use debug mod eon the iPad?

Also, I'm version 1.4 if that helps.

Maybe this is a glitch?

Cheers,
Ken
kenlong69

Post by kenlong69 »

OK so I'm going to install the PC version, sync my save and then run the debug rom the PC to see what is going on...

Cheeky but I hope it works.

Fingers crossed!
Ken

PS - for the record I am not a debug Dark Side kinda guy but I have seen this ENTIRE map with dwarves and there is not a square of FOW left... still no sceptre... I suspect a bug in the iPad version.
Speedbrain

Post by Speedbrain »

If you do find a bug with the iPad version, post the information to this thread - http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=29343
so Kyle will see it.
kenlong69

Post by kenlong69 »

OK so I think we have a bug. I have syncd my save game and loaded it on the PC version (1.8 .) and run the debug commands to show the scepter co-ordinates and it shows me different co-ordinates depending on what part of the screen I am looking at.

It shows a black square.

Let me know if this sounds right.

Cheers,
Ken