WTactics: Create Faction Logos for the game

Discuss the development of other free/open-source games, as well as other games in general.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

eyerouge

WTactics: Create Faction Logos for the game

Post by eyerouge »

what
WTactics needs your help with creating faction logos for the following factions in the game:
  • Knalgans
  • Northeners
  • Undead
  • Loyalist
  • Drakes
  • Outlaws / Tribes / Clans
WTFactions.png
(In addition, we also need threealliance logos (each faction is a part of the three alliances)).

It doesn't matter if there is a natural relation to already existing BfW lore and logos or not. If it does, great. If not, no grief. :) If anyone happens to know of already existing logos/marks etc in high resolution raster or vector format please link in here. This far I've only discovered Kittys nice "elvish tree".

The logos:
  • Will mainly function as a place holder for a number. (Please look at the leaf logo on the below card for a reference of how it could look like.)
  • Must therefore not be hollow or too bright.
  • Should be a relativley simple form without details.
  • Would preferably scale down nicely.
  • Wouldn't lose to much recognition if it was in one colour only.

how
  • Preferably you'd do it in vector format (svg or such) using Inkscape or whatever you use.
  • If not in vector then please make it very high resolution raster.
  • Use proper layering, if any.
  • Your work would be released under GPL3 as soon as you'd post it in this thread or in any other way sent the work to me. If doing so please include all original files and also make sure what you contribute with is legal and free from copyright or other violations.
why
To be honest I expect about zero help since I'm accustomed to it in whatever project I partake, but that said, I'd say anyone doing this would do it because he/she likes working with simpler graphical missions and/or helping out in the making of a open source CCG in the Wesnoth universe. By contributing with one or more logos you'd really help out, and if the logo(s) were used in the game you would be properly credited on the site and have my eternal Wose gratitude :geek:

Note: Yes, Merfolk logo is currently Deluge's... will have to do until something better shows up, and also "happens" to be GPL3 as well. | Faction brainstorming map included in this post is a work copy and will change.
Issyl

Re: WTactics: Create Faction Logos for the game

Post by Issyl »

I'd help you if I thought I could make a logo according to your specifications, but I don't think I have the knowledge or program.
eyerouge

Post by eyerouge »

Issyl wrote:I'd help you if I thought I could make a logo according to your specifications, but I don't think I have the knowledge or program.
http://inkscape.org/

+

http://screencasters.heathenx.org/

= both
jkwchui

Post by jkwchui »

Undead icon... probably too much details.
Attachments
undead-icon-numbered.png