The Earth's Gut for BfW 1.16

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

markm

Re: Campaign: Dwarven Kingdom (BfW1.7.x/1.8.x)

Post by markm »

I got a Lua error when the hero climbed the ladder after defeating the saurians. Maybe I had more units than the code expected, it seems to have tried to place a unit someplace where it couldn't when teleporting my party to the next part of the map.

units.lua:57:bad argument #1 to put_unit (invalid location)

Trace seems gto think it was called from line 42.

Autosave prior to error attached.

Edit: oops last save was after the error. Turns out some of my guardsmen went missing.

Re-uploading with save *before* the error...

-MarkM-
Attachments
DK-The_bridge_is_broken-Auto-Save19.gz
(85.66 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
DK-The_bridge_is_broken-Auto-Save20.gz
(84.58 KiB) Downloaded 334 times
Developing Between the Worlds campaign portmanteau.
Have you eaten today?
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

Actually, your unit list was shrinked from 26 to 21.^^
I followed it to what I think of as a bug in wesnoth's SLF, that's why my lua code thought that a cave wall hex is a valid location to place a unit. And yes, the problem appears only if there are too many units, so I suggest to play with <=20 units in the meantime since you shouldn't need more than that anyway.

EDIT
If you don't want to replay the scenario, you can probably take influence on what units to loose by placing them in the bottom right corner of the area where all of your units are (due to the way wesnoth's SUF runs).
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

Just a quick message to let you know, Anonymissimus, that I posted the stuff regarding the Troll Shamans in the TSoG thread; and also to let you know that, on Ferry Crossing scenario, when I right-click on a ship nothing happens, no special menu item is showed. Despite not knowing LUA, I looked in the WML of that scenario, and noticed that there isn't any [set_menu_item] tag here. Maybe this could be the explanation of this bug, or I missed something?
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

Elvish_Hunter wrote:and also to let you know that, on Ferry Crossing scenario, when I right-click on a ship nothing happens, no special menu item is showed. Despite not knowing LUA, I looked in the WML of that scenario, and noticed that there isn't any [set_menu_item] tag here. Maybe this could be the explanation of this bug, or I missed something?
Works fine here. It needs to be a transportation ship, obviously.
IIRC this scenario makes no use of lua and that set_menu code is packed into a macro.
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Re: Campaign: Dwarven Kingdom (BfW1.8.x)

Post by Anonymissimus »

I've uploaded a new version yesterday, the first since February thus I don't remember what's all changed.
I've played through and balanced it a bit more (that means made it more difficult). Scenario 12 has a new map and code, 1 scenario is added. The engine goto bug has been fixed so "ai moves Konrad" in scenario 15 works again.
projects (BfW 1.12):
pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

Anonymissimus wrote:I've uploaded a new version yesterday, the first since February thus I don't remember what's all changed.
How about using some version control system? this gives you a nice diff.
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

Well I don't know anything about "some version control system" but besides I don't think that it's worth maintaining a changelog for a (this) campaign.
projects (BfW 1.12):
Tet

Post by Tet »

Hi, I worked a bit on the Dulatus picture. I made him match Hamel more( size, colour, outline). I made a campaign image. On my screen more than 350 pixel is no good. I made a campaign icon. The tile is blocking the laurel you get after completation.

I liked the campaign. Great programming. Firefighter was especially nice. Corroding items are cool idea.
Attachments
Dulatus.png
Dulatus.png (149.03 KiB) Viewed 4318 times
Hamel-campaign.png
Hamel-campaign.png (138.47 KiB) Viewed 4318 times
dwarven-castle-icon.png
dwarven-castle-icon.png (4.95 KiB) Viewed 4318 times
My Temple Project: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=29800
This is "must-play" campaign! Don´t read the thread, unless you need help. http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31895
Valkier
Art Contributor

Post by Valkier »

I don't know if you guys are still working on this or not, but I just finished a new portrait of Hamel for NR. If you want to use it, I doubt there would be a problem.
Win if you can. Lose if you must. But always cheat.
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

Valkier wrote:I don't know if you guys are still working on this or not, but I just finished a new portrait of Hamel for NR. If you want to use it, I doubt there would be a problem.
Hamel is even younger than in NR in this campaign.
Thanks for letting me know however.
projects (BfW 1.12):
tommyrobust

Post by tommyrobust »

hello everybody..i would like to ask in the investigation scenario. where is the source of fire located? (for elara)
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

You get a hint about it when breaking the door. Should I really tell - you'll lack the satisfaction of having found out by yourself. ;) I thought that it should be clear enough but of course that's hard to tell if you know the answer. Thanks for playing however.
projects (BfW 1.12):
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

Anonymissimus wrote:
Valkier wrote:I don't know if you guys are still working on this or not, but I just finished a new portrait of Hamel for NR. If you want to use it, I doubt there would be a problem.
Hamel is even younger than in NR in this campaign.
Thanks for letting me know however.
But he currently uses hi old portrait from Hammer of Thursagan, which takes place years after Northern Rebirth!
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
tommyrobust

Post by tommyrobust »

Anonymissimus wrote:You get a hint about it when breaking the door. Should I really tell - you'll lack the satisfaction of having found out by yourself. ;) I thought that it should be clear enough but of course that's hard to tell if you know the answer. Thanks for playing however.
honestly i dont know the answer, i freed the survivors and then saw the brown rectangle located at the dining room, is this the source of ligth? or the unbreakable door near the forge?
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

It's the brazier in the forge room...a replacement for the coal stove of forges since there's no such image... Any suggestions to give better hints ?
projects (BfW 1.12):