You think a faction is underpowered? come here!

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

geg_Ma3gau

Re: You think a faction is underpowered? come here!

Post by geg_Ma3gau »

Hi ppl.

Well, i dont know really im not good at the game, but you know, i ve seen a lot of demos/observed a lot of games and noticed that orcs are kinda suckish. In games with both players being good you can often see a situation when orcs inflict X damage but take in return like 1.7 X damage, but they dont have 1.7 times more hp than their enemy on average and they really dont cost 1.7 times less than the enemy on the average still. And elves having 60-70%(even scouts have 60% in woods) of defence like anywhere on the map, combined with ranged attacks this is just meh.
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

Oh wow, look at this... :shock:

In addition to what I have below, you could have taken into account what was said there. You even seemed to agree with what many said there!
geg_Ma3gau wrote:Hi ppl.

Well, i dont know really im not good at the game, but you know, i ve seen a lot of demos/observed a lot of games and noticed that orcs are kinda suckish.
They in a sense are, being much cheaper than most faction's units.
geg_Ma3gau wrote:In games with both players being good you can often see a situation when orcs inflict X damage but take in return like 1.7 X damage, but they dont have 1.7 times more hp than their enemy on average and they really dont cost 1.7 times less than the enemy on the average still.
1.7 damage? Look here, a non-strong orcish grunt does 9-2 base damage at dawn/dusk. A non-strong spearman does 7-3. A non-strong elvish fighter does 5-4. The numbers are 18, 21, and 20. How is that 0.7% more? Look at hp. The orcish grunt has 38hp, the spearman 36, the elvish fighter 33. Price. 12, 14, 14. I mean, the orcish grunt is less powerful, but much cheaper and more effective. Yes, with not-so-seasoned players the units are weak, but at the hands of a master, it hard to stop them.
geg_Ma3gau wrote:And elves having 60-70%(even scouts have 60% in woods) of defence like anywhere on the map, combined with ranged attacks this is just meh.
Have you tried Assassins? They have 70% on most rough terrains and 60% on flat. They have negative resists, but they have a poison+marksman ranged attacks to discourage those nasty elvish archers that come in your way.

Have you seen this? It's a very good guide to learning how to play Northerners effectively. Here are also some interesting guides: this for northerners in general, this for goblins in particular, and this for other interesting ways to play them.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

If you are going to give advice try to sound a bit less confrontational. It will be better received.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

Oh, sorry :oops: I had a really bad day yesterday and I was just sort of upset to see one of my favorite factions put off like that. Won't do that again.