Archaic Era (BfW 1.18)

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

adm

Re: Archaic Era 0.9.14 (for BfW 1.8)

Post by adm »

That's good to hear.

Another issue i ran into during a match. One of the statues of my ally was petrified by a statue of the enemy. Shouldn't the statue be immune to that attack?
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

The orcs from Archaic era in Ageless include a unit that advances from Grunts, and this produces OOSes with Default. I only had Ageless installed, not Archaic, when it occured. However, it occurs to me that the same error probably appears with Archaic. You might want to look into that, you could probably fix this by creating your own grunt unit file, with a different id than default.
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny - Frank Zappa
Current projects: Internet meme Era, The Settlers of Wesnoth
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

No, it's my fault. I have fixed this in my era. It will be in my next updates. Sorry.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

0.9.16 just went to the server. It is a maintenance release, no new factions or anything. But it is needed for the two campaigns to work properly.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Zigg

Re: Archaic Era 0.9.16 (for BfW 1.8)

Post by Zigg »

Since Phantom and Despair aren't balanced, why not make it so you can choose to have them or not?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Maybe. Better would be to get everything finished though.
----------------
0.9.17 just went to the server. It is another bug-fix release, nothing really visible. I think we've all moved on, so I am dropping support for 1.6 (those .txt files are still there, but I've commented out the {@/campaigns...} things).
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
fog_of_gold

Re: Archaic Era 0.9.17 (for BfW 1.8)

Post by fog_of_gold »

I think so, too. I think we should also delete the txt files since it'll just spam with unneeded files (you won't be able to use them since you deleted the {@campaigns... thing). BTW, you can't use the era anymore with 1.6 since all these [pertify] tags are named [stone] in 1.6.
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: Archaic Era 0.9.17 (for BfW 1.8)

Post by doofus-01 »

fog_of_gold wrote:BTW, you can't use the era anymore with 1.6 since all these [pertify] tags are named [stone] in 1.6.
Ah yeah, even more reason to get rid of that stuff.

0.9.18 just went to the server. Yet another minor bug-fix release.
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: Archaic Era 0.9.18 (for BfW 1.8)

Post by doofus-01 »

0.9.19 just went to the server. It has a new cavalryman-like unit for the Ukians. It's not really Ukian, so it might look a little out of place, but it can fit in the back-story. It is strong against cold and it has an impact attack so it should help alleviate the Ukian's problem against Undead.
adm

Re: Archaic Era 0.9.19 (for BfW 1.8)

Post by adm »

Why not take the ukian signalman/flareman and make a new unit line out of it? This way the ukians would also have a melee attack against undead.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Zigg wrote:Since Phantom and Despair aren't balanced, why not make it so you can choose to have them or not?
I think so, the statues can petrify, that hability sucks a lot. you can do a spamming of statues and using a steatue as leader, you can petrify every unit exeptly the leader, and you weren't killed during day time because you are petrify :P

In ageless era when I did that strategy 2 times, I have won very easly.

Well, to kill the leader you will need more than Statues, you can buy offensive units to comploment.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
adm

Post by adm »

You can't choose the statue as your leader in archaic era. Also in archaic era the statue will take some self damage for every unit it has petrified. That also applies for the daytime when the statue is turned into stone. So while ageless era does contain the units from archaic era it's not the same.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

adm wrote:So while ageless era does contain the units from archaic era it's not the same.
Right. Maybe I should put that in the first post, in case anyone reads those.
adm wrote:Why not take the ukian signalman/flareman and make a new unit line out of it? This way the ukians would also have a melee attack against undead.
That would be one way of doing it, but I'd rather not touch the current ones because I don't know what all that would do in the campaign. I think I'll try to get another line, so that the horsemen don't stand out by themselves. Then they can then be optionally put into the campaign whenever.
adm

Post by adm »

Actually the Ukians have the runner so it's not like they were helpless against undead. The undead on the other hand stand no chance against the mummy of the phantoms. They are highly vulnerable against its arcane attack and have no unit to fight it. That also applies to the other factions that are vulnerable against arcane attacks. The mummy is simply too strong. Sure, it's slow but it has a lot of hitpoints and the selfheal ability right from the start. I would at least remove the selfheal ability for the lvl 1 mummy, maybe even remove the selfheal/regeneration ability altogether.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Maybe the statues should have only 1 Strike to petrify, that should the statues the half of useful to petrify.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide