Thread of the N3T clan

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TheMasterOfBattle

Re: Thread of the N3T clan

Post by TheMasterOfBattle »

Well, you despise 3 team games, which is good. There is only one thing you cannot do and that is play in games where there are three teams. ;)
F8 Binds...
Saurian Cartographer

Post by F8 Binds... »

Caphriel- you have officially been dubbed N3T. Welcome. :wink:
Proud creator of 4p- Underworld. Fascinated by Multiplayer design and balance.
I am the lone revenant of the n3t clan.
Caphriel

Post by Caphriel »

TheMasterOfBattle wrote:Well, you despise 3 team games, which is good. There is only one thing you cannot do and that is play in games where there are three teams. ;)
Since that actually requires inaction, rather than action, it's perfect.

Woot, thanks F8! I am pleased beyond words for the privilege to gloriously avoid combat for the honor of the N3T clan :lol2:
TheMasterOfBattle

Post by TheMasterOfBattle »

Welcome officially to the clan Caphriel. Well some fighting may be needed from you, as the minions of those that like three team games sometimes attack, to no effect of course. XD
CSC-DawanttCZ

Post by CSC-DawanttCZ »

I am the founder of the clan Czech & Slovak clan
I want fight with your clan
What do you think?

Our web is here: http://wesnoth.yc.cz
Caphriel

Post by Caphriel »

...lol? :lol2:
Kalajel

Post by Kalajel »

That was more or less the problems I was trying to eradicate with my CentralConflict3 map. Basically, the map forces all teams to move to the center of the map, a small area, where an extra village provides the incentive for the 3 players to duke it out…

I think I have the 3 player version pretty much tweaked out and currently am working on a 4, 5, and 6 players version. I'll just take the opportunity to aks how can I upload an MP map I've made?
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

CSC-DawanttCZ wrote:I am the founder of the clan Czech & Slovak clan
I want fight with your clan
What do you think?

Our web is here: http://wesnoth.yc.cz
Dawant - Your link doesn't work. If you propose a date and time then we will see who is available to duel. Probably Saturdays are the best time for such a challenge.

Kalajel - while I appreciate your mapmaking efforts, it seems like you should start a separate thread in MP forums for your map discussion. There you can attach your cfg file, etc.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Kalajel

Post by Kalajel »

Oh sorry. Well, I guess I should've known better by then… :D

I was just reminded how my project started by wanting to make a 3 player MP map that would eliminate the problems of 3 player games. Hey, I've had experience with this problem before, and this is the reason why I now absolutely refuse to play a 3 player game of Twilight Imperium…
MRDNRA

Re:

Post by MRDNRA »

Spam wrote:"Free For Alls" are pretty common amongest the entire spectrum of games =/

It's just a game. Maybe if you just obsess over victory and therefore 1) Play chicken to win and 2) then feel bad when you lose, but for most of us, we just like to play =/

I also play 3v3v3's, 2v2v2v2's, 1v1v1v1's, etc, etc
I sometimes play free for all on one of the 5 player maps, against all AI, when I've not even completed any of the campaigns on moderate difficulty! It can be a good challenge, but offers some times to recover if you've lost most your units when there's still 2 enemies or more on the map, so long as your leader can escape to a castle (doesn't even have to be that far from enemies, as long as you've got enough gold to get units to capture more villages, then your unit count can increase quicker and quicker, with your enemies still fighting, until it's a 1 v 1 and you have a big unit count advantage.

Needless to say, if you do badly early game in attack, you're pretty much doomed. But that's part of the fun of it I guess.
F8 Binds...
Saurian Cartographer

Post by F8 Binds... »

Ahoy! We have a new recruit! All welcome Elvish_Conquerer! 8)
Proud creator of 4p- Underworld. Fascinated by Multiplayer design and balance.
I am the lone revenant of the n3t clan.
Caphriel

Post by Caphriel »

Huzzah! He has seen the evils of three-sided games. Welcome :D
Elvish_Conquerer

Post by Elvish_Conquerer »

LOL :lol2:

Indeed I have seen this most foul type of gameplay that seeks to hide itself in the glory that is Wesnoth.

In other words: It's a really cheap way to play.
Thanks for the warm welcome

Elvish Conquerer,
"Not only that! He made the AI so smart that, it changes the RNG without affecting statistical analysis! So even if you calculate the probability of getting what you got, it seems reasonable, even though it isn't. We've uncovered a massive conspiracy!"
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

Necromancy with a purpose...

Count me in. 8)
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

artisticdude in the ffa ethics thread wrote:I've had the same experience for most of my life... two brothers. Three guys want to play laser guns, no friends around... how do you do it? So I can agree that 3p matches aren't much fun (and yes, I have participated in a few).

*artisticdude joins the N3T
Same with me. Except, I'm the middle one, which makes it worse. I'll admit I played 1vs1vs1 as a noob, because that saved more time than a 2vs2, but as I learned the finer aspects of the game, I despised it more and more. I am making a mappack now. Guess what? There'll be no 3p/3team games! Only 1vs1, 2vs2, and 4p FFA. Yes, as it says in the thread 3p/3team games call for a "chicken strategy": either hiding in the corner while your opponents beat each other up, or being force to listen to another player. That's not the spirit of a warrior! A true warrior would be brave to stand against the orc hordes; "chickening out" is not an option in warfare.

So add me in the N3T clan. Btw, why are the 3p/3team maps still in mainline? They should be demoted to UMC already!