The 1.8 Mp Lobby

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mystic x the unknown

Re: The 1.8 Mp Lobby

Post by mystic x the unknown »

Thanks to the gratuitous work of Mr. loonycyborg, there is now a windows package using the 1.6 lobby, that is with the 1.8.0 lobby disabled.
~~~
the package is made using a patch, made by silene... that was first discussed here, and re-posted above.
(I should also point at this post describing how to apply that patch to the 1.8.0 sources.)
you are not gonna make it
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Thanks for spreading the word, mystic. This will help people enjoy the various benefits of 1.8 while the developers stamp out the lingering lobby problems.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
jb
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by jb »

I can confirm this is working.

I'm not sure every feature is working, but it's a great temporary fix for windows users.

Nice work loonycyborg!
My MP campaigns
Gobowars
The Altaz Mariners - with Bob the Mighty
Tesafilmchen

Post by Tesafilmchen »

Just wanna say "Thanks alot for this patch" :),
working great so far on my ubuntu machine.
Haudegen

Post by Haudegen »

I think this workaround for the automatically upscrolling should be mentioned here: Click on a game and move down with the keyboard. The selected game will always be the last entry in the visible part of the list.
Nobun
Code Contributor

Post by Nobun »

I compiled the patched version too.
I released it as a zip with only the files needed and two text files for instructions (Italian and English).
This link should be useful for those ones that already have installed wesnoth 1.8.0 in their own windows system.
The zip file is about 3.5mb

Note: follow instructions in order to run this exe correctly

You can find more details here:

http://wif.altervista.org

----------

@Haudegen: developers are currently working mainly to solve the problem you mentioned.

NEW BUG: (I will report it also in GNA as soon as possible)
I have to add that if you simply click a name of a player from "other games played" or "lobby" list, you will not redirected to the game of that person like in 1.6.
You should double-click it (and close the window that asks if to add player in friend list or ignore lisk) in order to select the game of that player.
n12

Post by n12 »

I don't know if any of you experienced this but...
When i check the friend box ( the one that makes all games except for friends dissapear)
Wesnoth crashes and i have to restart.

Second: i keep getting kicked from games because of some dumb WLMA_missing child error!

Please fix this.
If this already has been mentioned sorry.( I didn't feel like reading the whole thing)
Noob WLMer level -1
dodgyphil

Post by dodgyphil »

Sorry, but I'm not sure where to file bug reports - if this should go somewhere else please let me know.

When using the new lobby, I noticed the "invert filter" option. Since I have a lot of trouble getting to the games I want before the refresh makes me start again, this sounded good - I thought it might change the list order. I realise now that it means something different...

However, when I click on it, the list becomes blank for a couple of seconds and then the game crashes with an "assertion failure". The assertion is of an expression "new_height > 0". So basically, I think the interface crashes if you pick a filter which doesn't contain any games. I think that's a case which should have been tested for... certainly my "monkey testing" didn't take long to find it :(

I guess this is the reason for the "friend" problem reported in this thread too.

Cheers
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

report here, and this is a list of 1.8 lobby bugs reported so far.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
hiro hito

Post by hiro hito »

I don't know if it's bug or not, but it would be nice that the filter could work like: '%myFilter%'. (SQL example)
Write the perfect name's spelling is, IMHO, annoying.
"Of course His Majesty is a pacifist. When I told him that to initiate war was a mistake, he agreed.Thus, gradually, he began to lead toward war."-Emperor Shòwa (Enlightened Peace)'s chief cabinet secretary
Molean

Post by Molean »

Nobun wrote:I compiled the patched version too.
I released it as a zip with only the files needed and two text files for instructions (Italian and English).
This link should be useful for those ones that already have installed wesnoth 1.8.0 in their own windows system.
The zip file is about 3.5mb

Note: follow instructions in order to run this exe correctly

You can find more details here:

http://wif.altervista.org

----------

@Haudegen: developers are currently working mainly to solve the problem you mentioned.

NEW BUG: (I will report it also in GNA as soon as possible)
I have to add that if you simply click a name of a player from "other games played" or "lobby" list, you will not redirected to the game of that person like in 1.6.
You should double-click it (and close the window that asks if to add player in friend list or ignore lisk) in order to select the game of that player.

When I try to run the old lobby exe, it says it can't start because it can't find a libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll.
Nobun
Code Contributor

Post by Nobun »

Thank for this info.
I will provide to fix the upload.
This is the first time I used gcc 4.4.0 (I usually use 3.4.5) so I didn't see that the binary required also this library (that was in my path so in my pc it started).

In the meantime I will pass you a mediafire link where to download the dll. Let me now if something other seems bad.

Thank again