RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v0.3.2- 10.07.2020

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ortega

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v1.15

Post by ortega »

yeah, one of the best addon-campaigns made. Lots of creativity here.

I feel it's unfinished,too. So whats the plan??
ydcl

Post by ydcl »

Hi, sorry to ask so silly question, but I want to play this campaign, and I don't know, how to execute it. I don't find it, in the 1.8 add-ons server.
Thanks for help
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Haven't been around for a while...

You can't find it on a 1.8 server, since I haven't updated it to 1.8.
I've been all over the place these last few months, with work and traveling kinda draining my will to mod... Note that I have been modding, but mostly other games, but these last 2 months have been utterly awful (friggin forum addiction)!

I have about a dozen projects lying around, all barely moving and it irks me. ATM I'm not sure myself what and where to go and what to do. Not story-wise, I have that in my head. The modding part.

Should I work on Infinity and leave this for later? Should I drop my Dragon Age mod completley(haven't touched in in a month)? Or should I put the Freespace 2 one on the freezer and do this? I'm having trouble deciding what to do, so I kinda jump back and forth doing tiny bits, and I keep pushing the "smaller" stuff back..Meh..I hate myself. :augh:

One of these days I'll just have to force myself to focus on one mod only, till completion, and only then move on something else..

@bolderaft - IIRC, the creatures apperance is triggered AFTER you gather all of the main characters and get close to the mountains.
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

O, after some thought, I decided to prioritize my projects based on difficutly to complete, the amount of content needed to complete and tools needed, so I could finish the simplest ones first.

Good news - this campaign is at the top of the list. Meaning I'm starting work on it again. Don't know if I'll find time to make better portraits and fix some sprites.
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

HRm...started wokring on further scenarios, bu cna't test them ATM..Can't even get the campaign to run...

Hrm...Vista and 1.8 ...have to dig a bit

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
ortega

Post by ortega »

great to hear. Your work is highly appreciated...can't wait to run the campaign in 1.8!
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Huzaaah. Got it to run on 1.8.

Couldn't get the dam nwmllint to run, so I had to make all the changes by hand. At least it works now. Now on to polishing the campaign.
There will be some slight changes in some mission once I'm done, to make em more interesting.
Also, the gold carryover will be set on a mission-to-mission basis.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Making some progress. Busy with work and looking for a new pad, so it's going slower than I'd like.

I hereby announce that I'll welcome any help - from map making, scenario writing, unit sprite to portraits.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
Kelben

Post by Kelben »

Wish u'll find some help because I enjoyed ur campaign. Sadly I have neither the knowledge neither the time to help you. I am very busy RL with my work, implementing a wastewater treatment plant for Nestle in some retired area of the Philippines.
-WAR- Wesnoth Allied Rebels
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Thanks for your support.

I'm working on this, have no fear.
Found no help so far.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
tribes45

Post by tribes45 »

Awesome campaign!
Out of all the campaigns Ive ever played
This was the coolest.
But im stucking, where in the cave, A bunch of level three spiders, attack you on your way to the dwarfs.
"In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons." -Herodotus
"Two things are infinite, the universe and Human stupidity. Although, I'm not sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Me again, back from a long hiatus..

I (again) resumed work..as you can guess, testing is taking a lot of time, and now I have to port this to 1.8.4.....damn, this thing moves fast.
I hope to streamline and fix things as much as I can.

B.t.w. - any syntax changes in 1.8.4?

@tribes - gang up on spiders and heal a lot, pull back injured units..that is a difficult part

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Is there any change to how [gold] works? Cause I'm getting WLM errors, and it worked fine before...I don't notice any changes in other campaigns..
And this is how it looks:

[gold]
side=1,2,3
amount=50
[/gold]

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

TrashMan wrote:Couldn't get the dam nwmllint to run, so I had to make all the changes by hand.
If you're interested, I just picked the campaign from the 1.6 server and ran wmllint and wmlscope for you. Here there is the campaign automatically converted (it needs some fixing, like the binary paths, for example; also, the bak files are backups created by wmllint)
COTS.zip
Campaign, without images ans sounds to save space
(298 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
and here there are the wmllint and wmlscope logs.
COTS logs.zip
wmllint and wmlscope logs
(6.47 KiB) Downloaded 363 times
TrashMan wrote:[gold]
side=1,2,3
amount=50
[/gold]
You can try this way:

Code: Select all

[gold]
    side=1
    amount=50
[/gold]
[gold]
    side=2
    amount=50
[/gold]
[gold]
    side=3
    amount=50
[/gold]
The wiki, at http://wiki.wesnoth.org/DirectActionsWML says: "side: (default=1) the number of the side to give the gold to. " This may mean that probably multiple sides no longer work (but I'm not sure).
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

Comma-separated list for [gold]side= doesn't work acording to wml_tags.lua in 1.9 and thus most likely doesn't in 1.8 too. Gambit wants to rewrite it however, changing the default from side=1 to all sides and allowing comma-separated list.
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign