When I add my campaign to .../data/campaigns/(My_Campaign)

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
colin345

When I add my campaign to .../data/campaigns/(My_Campaign)

Post by colin345 »

And when I try to open Wesnoth i get this:
Spoiler:
But, it works fine if I remove it. If I try to move it to userdata, and change the coding, it doesn't find it at all. The Weird thing is, I didn't even edit those files.
I'm using Windows XP if that matters.

Any help is appreciated.
AI
Developer

Re: When I add my campaign to .../data/campaigns/(My_Campaign)

Post by AI »

There is indeed something wrong with that error message. Could you attach your campaign so we can reproduce the bug?
colin345

Post by colin345 »

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0KMXL7H9

Had to compress it to upload.

removed .pbl

thanks AI, I'll fix that.
Last edited by colin345 on February 17th, 2010, 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

From _main.cfg:

Code: Select all

#ifdef CAMPAIGN_THE_NECROMANCER's_CAVERN
{@data/campains/The_Necromancer's_Cavern/scenarios
#endif
The include should be {@data/campaigns/The_Necromancer's_Cavern/scenarios} in 1.6 and {~data/add-ons/The_Necromancer's_Cavern/scenarios} in 1.7/1.8.

However, you should stay as far away from quotes in filenames as possible, they're even worse than spaces in filenames.

This was just a cursory examination, I'll take a look at the faulty error later.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

I actually have made this campaign work on BfW 1.7/1.8 since colin345 posted the code on WML Workshop Forum here by using "A Simple Campaign" here: http://wiki.wesnoth.org/BuildingCampaignsTutorial
I was waiting for his answer regarding to my question that is for BfW 1.6 or 1.7/1.8.

colin345, so please let me know if you need help.:smile:

------------------
EDIT: Making the thing faster, I post your main file. This is for BfW 1.7/1.8.
I did not touch your campaign icon and image, so you had better change them to something else.
The game is generally playable even missing an id in the [campaign] tag, so I did not add it. (you can add it later)

On the first scenario, you have three missing closing tags, and need "team_name=something" in the side tags (1 and 2) to play the game.
Attachments
_main.cfg
(1.05 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
colin345

Post by colin345 »

I'm using 1.6.5, should I be using the other one? And I fixed most (If not all) the mistakes that made in the .cfg and scenario.

I also changed the apostrophes in the titles, but I didn't upload that because it would have minimal impact correct?

Also, is the id neccessary? Because the guide said it wasn't (though I guess I should add it in anyway).

Thanks for all the help. Too bad I can't get 1.7/8 till tomorrow at the earliest.
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

While I managed to produce quite a number of different issues with the campaign, I couldn't reproduce the error in completely unrelated files.