New Battle Music

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Tyler Johnson
Music Contributor

New Battle Music

Post by Tyler Johnson »

I've got something in the works here for use in Battle type situations.

It's not complete yet, actually it's just started. But for the last week or so I haven't touched it. If I find enough motivation or support to bring it back to life, I will, if it is called for.

New Battle Music

It's a bit un-mixed and only has slight convo reverb on it, I plan to fix all that later, this is just a demo version.
PPH

Re: New Battle Music

Post by PPH »

I think it's great, and you could hardly have made anything more Wesnothian than that. In my opinion, if you decide to finish this piece the final result will be a great addition to the soundtrack, though I understand that finishing this will be hard work.
West
Retired Lord of Music

Post by West »

A W S O M E.

You absolutely positively need to finish that tune Tyler, I love it. That's what I call battle music! Reminded me a lot of Howard Drossins battle pieces from Baldur's Gate II, and the little Williams-esque bursts of staccato trumpets brought a smile to my face.

Great work, I want to hear more!
PPH

Post by PPH »

Well, Tyler, it seems to me you have no choice but to finish this. :D
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

:shock: To add my encouragement, yes, please do finish this. I can't really claim to be much of a composer, but this is awesome in every way in my eyes ears. And I agree with West's statement about the way the staccato trumpet notes come in, it really sets the mood up for a battle.
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
CheeseLord

Post by CheeseLord »

Wow...........just wow!

This really puts my work to shame, feeling kinda like a n00b again when I compare and contrast :P This is pure class though so looking forward to you finishing it (you will, right..)
Lord of Cheese.....especially Parmesan!!!
None shall stand against the Dwarfs in their homeland

Top 3 quotes by a developer:

1. Locked
2. Do it yourself
3. "No"
Tyler Johnson
Music Contributor

Post by Tyler Johnson »

Wow, thanks for the comments everyone! I guess I have no choice :D

I'll try to summon this one back to life...I just had 2 Hard Drives fail in the last 2 weeks which had ALL of my samples libraries on them :x so I'm taking all the time to reinstall them. It's quite a lengthy process...

I'll post an update as soon as that's all done.

-Tyler
Huston

Post by Huston »

2 hard drives failing in 2 weeks? that's some really bad luck
coded Rebellion During the Dark Age
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

I just got around to listening to this - I love it! For some reason, it puts me in mind of Star Wars; the original trilogy, not the unfortunate prequels.

It's exciting and dramatic, but it strikes me as quite versatile in terms of Wesnoth situations and factions. I can see it playing when Konrad and Co. are ambushed underground In Heir to the Throne; or during the defence of the evacuation in The Rise of Wesnoth, or in any number of high-stakes battle situations. Wesnoth could really benefit from a track like this one.

I'm sorry to hear about your hard drive problems; that's pretty rotten luck. Hopefully you didn't lose anything irreplaceable in the crash(es).
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
West
Retired Lord of Music

Post by West »

Sangel wrote:For some reason, it puts me in mind of Star Wars; the original trilogy, not the unfortunate prequels.
TBH I think the music in the prequels is excellent. In fact it's the only thing about those movies, besides the CG, that is any good. As much as I hate the Anakin/Padmé love story, Across the Stars is really one of the best pieces Williams has ever written. But you're right, Tyler's piece sounds like it was plucked straight out of The Empire Strikes Back. :)
Walexo

Post by Walexo »

West wrote:TBH I think the music in the prequels is excellent. In fact it's the only thing about those movies, besides the CG, that is any good. As much as I hate the Anakin/Padmé love story, Across the Stars is really one of the best pieces Williams has ever written.
Duel of the fates, from the Episode 1 of Star Wars, is surely quite amazing, maybe one of my favorites in the series.

and for Tyler, Finish the song! :D It is surely well-crafted and really fits BfW. You gave me lots of inspiration. Keep up the good work!
Tyler Johnson
Music Contributor

Post by Tyler Johnson »

Whoa, hey seriously...you guys want my head to be so big that I have to walk through doors sideways? ;)

Thanks for the compliments! I tried reviving this one, to no avail. It's hard for me to pick up something that I created even 2 weeks ago. I'm just not in the same mindset anymore.

But I can make something better next time! :D