1v1 Replays! (THE ARCHIVE)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Rigor

Re: 1v1 Replays! (THE ARCHIVE)

Post by Rigor »

thats right, if i wasnt the one playing and therefore having a ton of autosaves on my computer it i would download it again ;)

this time u were faster with posting the game. i really hope we can play again! it was so exciting! btw u should mention that this is a 1.7.10 replay. im not entirely sure those playing with 1.6 can see the game. next time - although im not a fan of it - we better just save the game when its like 2 am already, i think we could have gone on for ages :D
UngeheuerLich

Post by UngeheuerLich »

Rigor wrote:thats right, if i wasnt the one playing and therefore having a ton of autosaves on my computer it i would download it again ;)

this time u were faster with posting the game. i really hope we can play again! it was so exciting! btw u should mention that this is a 1.7.10 replay. im not entirely sure those playing with 1.6 can see the game. next time - although im not a fan of it - we better just save the game when its like 2 am already, i think we could have gone on for ages :D
yes, mabybe saving would have been a good idea, i also thought about that... but i was determined to end it, in whoever's favour. ;) (Not because it was not funny, but i think it was about time!)

I really would appreciate a better timed modus, so that 6hours is about the time a game can last.

In chess we have 2 hours per player for 40 moves, 1 hour for the rest. A system like this maybe won´t be the worst idea, because for normal game you have plenty of time, but on longer games, you have to make harder and quicker decisions. ;)

Maybe I will make a proposal to implement such a time modus. ;)
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

in this game a lot of things were possible with UD rushing loys at night, unfortunately the ghost could not level up and a retreat with a lot of village stealing from the loys side.

a comeback was possible with a pocket full of gold and faith in the troops which could use their full power at dusk :)

oh and please, dont write that i should give up, XD - really ridiculous :D
Attachments
2S_–_Die_Insel_der_Stachelh..._Wiederholung_anzeigen.gz
rigor ud vs hellboy loys
(20.37 KiB) Downloaded 351 times
Creon

Post by Creon »

Something for fun :eng:
Attachments
2p_-_Den_of_Onis-Auto-Save32.gz
(30.1 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

this guy was poor from the start and he stayed poor until the very end, do u have games where it was NOT clear for all the time that u would win ? XD
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

dont miss this funny (and quick) game!!!!!!!!!

At a certain point hellboy understood, was shocked and attacked.

Attachments
rigor_ladder_piggybank_vs_hellboy_.gz
^^ 250 gold anybody ?
(17.88 KiB) Downloaded 368 times
Huumy

Post by Huumy »

At a certain point hellboy understood, was shocked and attacked.
But why he had 3 woses vs drakes? :o
"And the girl that you want is directly out in front, And she’s waving her caboose at you, You sneeze achoo, She calls you out and boom!"
The offspring, trolling you since forever.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

What I want to know is why didn't he press sooner (The woses was also a little wierd).
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

i think the woses were frustration that he had a high upkeep already and wanted to make every unit count, in case i should attack any time now :D

and maybe he feared buying mages because i was drakes.. dunno. in any case woses would be like mobile villages and i had only 1 flamer if i recall correctly. :mrgreen:

and the reason why he didnt attack earlier is simple.

i had a low number of drakes (but not too low for a fast attack on one side) and always looked like attacking him at daytime, being an easy kill. unfortunately its not so clear how much time passed in the game so you always get the straight turns instead of "thinking time" and thats what makes RP a bit less authentic like the real game =) of course, he also positioned himself well for that faint-attack and expected me to "just do it". a bad assassment, as it turned out for him!
Huumy

Post by Huumy »

think the woses were frustration that he had a high upkeep already and wanted to make every unit count
No offense but I think he buying woses was just bad purchase and posible frustration was caused by inexperience... I would love to see some1 this kinda play against experienced/good player.
"And the girl that you want is directly out in front, And she’s waving her caboose at you, You sneeze achoo, She calls you out and boom!"
The offspring, trolling you since forever.
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

frustration was the right word. the game was game over as he didnt manage to find out i was bluffing over and over with my pseudoattacks.
Demogorgon

Post by Demogorgon »

A match versus enacui in ladder. (My Elves versus his Humans)
Races were chosen, I was whining a bit at start, should still be enjoyable watching.
Attachments
2p_-_The_Freelands_(1.6_rev..._replay_ENACUI.gz
(32.58 KiB) Downloaded 322 times
SpoOkyMagician

Post by SpoOkyMagician »

I rarely play normal games as you may know. (1v1, 2v2, etc...) Although, I been recently making some maps to play and I wanted to test some changes I made to one of them. (2p - Land of Old Castles)

I thought the game went pretty well. It was 14 turns long but, I had fun nonetheless. Anyway, take a look.
2p_-_Land_of_Old_Castles_Turn_14_(1204).gz
SpoOkyMagician VS Jequ1
(14.29 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
"You don't have to understand me, I'm just there!" ~ SpoOkyMagician
Creator of: Unwelcome Guests Series, Modifiable Android Project, SpoOky's Survivals, and many more... (Most of my old stuff is gone.)
(User Page)
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

Just posted in another thread, but i think the replays are worth their whiles. check out this link:

http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 3&start=30

nice to have more replays!
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

This replay is a good example of a turn-around. Undead vs Knalgans on the freelands (Velensk vs Frosti).
Attachments
2p_-_The_Freelands_replay.gz
(22.6 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."