Franken-Pack

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Harion

Re: Franken-Pack

Post by Harion »

Gambit wrote:Thank you Harion that would be awesome. I can't wait to see your new frankenpack for animators.
i am 2 new 2 come up with anything like that its just i think about how to make something practical

by the way i downloaded the franken pack but do i need photoshop or something to get it to work?
Devas

Post by Devas »

Nah, it doesn't work, especially not with the GIMP or Paint.
You should try printing the frankenpack sprites then cutting every part of it and then paste them on a paper so you can create your own unit sprites! Amazing! :mrgreen:
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

Harion wrote:
Gambit wrote:Thank you Harion that would be awesome. I can't wait to see your new frankenpack for animators.
i am 2 new 2 come up with anything like that its just i think about how to make something practical

by the way i downloaded the franken pack but do i need photoshop or something to get it to work?
if u talk lik this u wont be tkn srsly. its not kewl 2 talk lik this on teh forumz.

Notice how everyone else you talk to at least tries to write proper English. If you want to be taken seriously on the forums and not be the recipient of bad jokes or sarcastic comments, you really need to at least try. Otherwise you'll be continually frustrated when no one gives you real advice. ... Especially that "2" thing. It's not cool to abbreviate a two-or-three-letter word, it's just lazy.

WINAOL.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Devas was being mostly sarcastic like me :D
But he was right about one thing. It seriously doesn't work in paint. You need to get GIMP.

Also Aetheryn is 100% right. When in Rome do as the Romans.
someone

Post by someone »

Here is a bald head I made for the pack. I hope it's useful.
I didn't make it from scratch, It used bits from other guys (Desert Hunter and Walking Corpse)
Attachments
baldhead.png
baldhead.png (551 Bytes) Viewed 15414 times
Expanding Wesnoth

You are an Arch Mage - You're definitely intelligent, but some people would say you spend too much time inside. The power you have learned, however, is simply unmatched.
styles1005

Post by styles1005 »

Umm . . . One problem. I am using paint.net. I tried the Franken-Pack just for the fun of it (don't plan to design anything anytime soon) and when I try to put two parts together, they block each other out. Not as in the actual parts blocking each other out, but as in, when I select a part to move it, the area that I have selected covers the other part. It doesn't go away when I deselect either. I'm sorry if that's not too clear, but if anybody recognizes what I'm talking about could you help me?

And @Harion, great idea. That would solve the one problem I could think of with this (aside from the above-mentioned, that is.)
*has nothing else to say*

Necromancy most foul! - Doc Paterson

All hail my new campaign, Lords of the North! Now on the add-ons server!
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

You'll need to select them more carefully ;)

Or cut out the background, so that they;re on transparency.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
styles1005

Post by styles1005 »

Will the Magic Wand work? I just found out about it by accident and it appears to do what I need. And I don't know how to do either of what you said, and I looked through everything I could find.

EDIT: I tried it and it moves most of the thing, but leaves some behind for some reason. Cutting out the background is what I am looking for, but I can't find how to do it.

thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Magic wand the background (make sure the sensitivity on the tool is turned right up, so it's only selecting the background colour), and press 'delete'. Or, just select more carefully around the part you want - use a freehand/lasso tool, and zoom in really close, to make sure that you're only selecting the part, and not the background.
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
styles1005

Post by styles1005 »

Ah. Thanks much. Did not think of that. :oops:

EDIT: Still not working. What do I have to do to get this accursed program to WORK!? :x

EDIT: Nevermind. Had to set tolerance on the Magic Wand to 75 to get it all (default is 50).

AI
Developer

Post by AI »

With "turned right up", TSI meant 100, so you get all the background and only the background.
styles1005

Post by styles1005 »

No, I selected just the background and tried to get rid of it but it remains. However, with tolerance on the Magic Wand (where is this sensitivity you speak of? All I can find is the tolerance) at 75, I can select the object w/o selecting the background as well, though it sometimes takes a couple tries.

Major
Art Contributor

Post by Major »

Can I post some futuristic stuff up?
Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool.
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Feel free =)
Major
Art Contributor

Post by Major »

Here are some futuristic bits and bobs...
Attachments
G.I. Franken pack.PNG
G.I. Franken pack.PNG (5.45 KiB) Viewed 14997 times
Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool.