The disc of Railan

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

uzytkownik

Re: The disc of Railan

Post by uzytkownik »

Hmm. If silver mages use the same pathways the question is why short exists (I assume - not mapped as map is of long distances?) corresponds to villages? Are exits more suitable for humans to live?
Daxion

Post by Daxion »

melinath wrote:Destroy the world? Why?
I did mean that it would change our perception of how the world in Wesnoth works. Something not really acceptable IMO.
melinath wrote:Could you post the script you've used in the Wesnoth Scripts page? Maybe it would be ok for general use.
It's only a few letters, but I can do it later.
uzytkownik wrote:Hmm. If silver mages use the same pathways the question is why short exists (I assume - not mapped as map is of long distances?) corresponds to villages? Are exits more suitable for humans to live?
Good points. On second thought this does not seem to be a good idea.
Mortles

Post by Mortles »

I have one small idea to the village and spiderweb issue. If there would be an interaction between people and the magical spiderweb running thru the land, it would be more likely, that the people are making the web and because of that the web is thicker in villages and thus better accesable. This could explain why the silver mages can travel only between the villages.

The web could be good fluff to explain how the magic in Wesnoth world works. It would be drained from the spiderweb created by sentient beings(maybe something like phylotes in the Ender saga by Orson Scott Card). I think Wesnoth now lacks explanation of the question, what the magic is and this could be good explanation.

Do you think it's good idea?
Nobody's perfect. Only present perfect is perfect."

--A gramatical discusion in a Wesnoth game
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

Just found this thread and read it, and I wanted to pop in and say this sounds really cool, and I like this Disc of Railan idea (and the other ideas surfacing as well) a lot.

And off-topic: That Daedalus program is awesome! I can't believe I've never heard of it before!