thanks for making wesnoth!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Daracos

thanks for making wesnoth!

Post by Daracos »

hey folks!

a couple of days ago i downloaded wesnoth. i didnt expect anything special. i was just a little bored and checked out the strategy section of abandonia reloaded.

that very night i kept on playing the game until dawn (which is pretty late since its winter here).

i just wanted to thank everybody who worked for the game and still does for doing such a great job.

you have just hit exactly the kind of style that i like. tactical combat with roleplaying elements in a fantasy world. plus: nicely drawn grafics, smooth animations, immense possibilities for creative action (campaign making etc.), great music and sound effects and competetive play via internet.

the one thing i like most about the game is:

its style is: very well done --> 2D (!!!!) <-- artistic style, i really love 2D games with well drawn grafics. im one the guys who never welcomed the 3D-mania that was spreading over every genre of computer gaming.

i also just checked the screenshots page and witnessed the evolution-process of the game since version 1.00 its just exciting to see how this project developed and keeps improving all the time.

so finally, to everybody who reads this and dedicates a part of his time doing stuff for wesnoth:

thank you man and keep going on!!!
Gambit
Loose Screw

Re: thanks for making wesnoth!

Post by Gambit »

Daracos wrote:thank you men (plural) and women (possibly singular. I'm not sure)
silene

Post by silene »

Gambit wrote:thank you men (plural) and women (possibly singular. I'm not sure)
Definitely plural. There have been at least two female developers with huge contributions (though at different times) and several others have contributed to the game.
Zachron

Post by Zachron »

And what's Wesnoth doing on abandonia anyway? This has never been abandonware.
Project Battlescar: An rpg engine of my own design.
http://battlescar.wikispaces.com/
Daracos

Post by Daracos »

ah yeah, sorry for that spelling error, i didnt mean to adress any specific gender ...

i think abandonia reloaded is just dedicated to uncommercial remakes, freeware and stuff that is not in stores but really worth trying.
yeah good job by abandonia, with out them i wouldnt know about wesnoth right now ;)
Elvish_Conquerer

Post by Elvish_Conquerer »

I've been playing for a few years and I would also like to thank everybody
I'm a HUGE procrastinator and could never imagine creating the beauty that is Wesnoth
Thanks again

Elvish Conquerer
Last edited by Elvish_Conquerer on March 21st, 2010, 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Not only that! He made the AI so smart that, it changes the RNG without affecting statistical analysis! So even if you calculate the probability of getting what you got, it seems reasonable, even though it isn't. We've uncovered a massive conspiracy!"
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

Well: I'm around here from about v1.0, and currantly working on a campaign.
I just wanted to join Daracos' Thanks. Thanks, Everybody!
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
Thoth

Post by Thoth »

I've been playing Wesnoth for a couple of weeks now and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed.

Great job gang. :)
catwhowalksbyhimself

Post by catwhowalksbyhimself »

Daracos wrote: i think abandonia reloaded is just dedicated to uncommercial remakes, freeware and stuff that is not in stores but really worth trying.
yeah good job by abandonia, with out them i wouldnt know about wesnoth right now ;)
Yeah, the name's confusing, but it's not an abandonware site, it's a spin off of one. That may have been how I found the game too, although I can't really remember.
admiralspark

Post by admiralspark »

I've been playing for several months now, and I must say that I am extremely impressed with this game! The graphics/gameplay/fit-and-finish are astounding, especially as this is a free game.
Thank you to the community and developers for this awesome game.
-Admiralspark
"In German you'd be called a "Stehaufmaennchen" (about: stand-up-guy)...you're absent from wesnoth so long that one thinks your campaign is dead but you always come back. ;)" -Anonymissimus about SkeleRanger and ToaM
tuahaa

Post by tuahaa »

I've been playing for a month or so. I really did not expect turn based strategy games to be so fun. That's why I was very hesitant on downloading it (even though it is a small download after all). Many Linux users (like me) recommended it to me.
jani129

Post by jani129 »

I join.
Great game. Love it.