You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Re: You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

Post by Velensk »

You are frustrated because looking over the map list you cannot find Meteor Lake even though you know it is there.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
usr-sbin

Post by usr-sbin »

When you start to think in hexagons
Continuing Siege of Soradoc
pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

Velensk wrote:You are frustrated because looking over the map list you cannot find Meteor Lake even though you know it is there.
I heard it got renamed to "Fallenstar Lake". (Didn't play Wesnoth since then, so check it yourself.)
Darkmage
Translator

Post by Darkmage »

pauxlo wrote:
Velensk wrote:You are frustrated because looking over the map list you cannot find Meteor Lake even though you know it is there.
I heard it got renamed to "Fallenstar Lake". (Didn't play Wesnoth since then, so check it yourself.)

That's exactly the joke ;)
EvilEarl
Location: It's not like you will ever find me, so I won't take the effort to remember where I am.

Post by EvilEarl »

1114:You don't care that Michael Jackson is dead because he never made music for Wesnoth.
1115:You refuse to play Fire Emblem because the last time you did it took weeks to be comfortable with sacrificing low-level units again. (Very true)
1116:You come up with a plot that if made into a movie would be bigger and better than Star Wars, but decide to make it into a Wesnoth campaign in the end.
1117:You get the urge to behave like one of the units you made in your campaign. (Is my case serious?)
1118:You keep trying to calculate Sonic the Hedgehog's MP.
1119:You read this thread and regain the will to finish your campaign series.
1120:You contemplate what you would do if Wesnoth's license changed so that it is no longer free.
1121:You narrow it down to suicide or shooting Dave.
1122:You decide to do both. (But in the wrong order)
1123:You only became aware of Obama's incompetence as President when you hear that he wants to put some level of control on the internet.
1124:You decide you will make very good use of the Second Amendment if Obama tries to even touch Wesnoth.
1125:You play dodgeball and figure that you are not human because your defense is so high on flat terrain.
EDIT:1126:You get the urge to reenact parts of 8-bit theater using Wesnoth replays.
I'm gonna be on a roll for a while, I'm just bursting with ideas.
Current Project:
Insane Hermit
That second campaign will probably become a book instead, or a movie or a game or something. Sorry guys.
Darkmage
Translator

Post by Darkmage »

EvilEarl wrote:1125:You play dodgeball and figure that you are not human because your defense is so high on flat terrain.
Or maybe you are a fencer, who knows?
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

EvilEarl wrote: 1120:You contemplate what you would do if Wesnoth's license changed so that it is no longer free.
Don't you read the homepage news? It's coming soon you know.
EvilEarl
Location: It's not like you will ever find me, so I won't take the effort to remember where I am.

Post by EvilEarl »

That's an april's fool joke.
Current Project:
Insane Hermit
That second campaign will probably become a book instead, or a movie or a game or something. Sorry guys.
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

:o Wow you're right! I never noticed. You think I would have realized when it never actually happened.

sprecken ze humor?
EvilEarl

Post by EvilEarl »

1127:You feel that you are so powerful that you join the military hoping that they pay you a fortune to recruit you.
1128:You believe that the Terminator is an impossibility because even at 100% pierce resistance bullets will each do one damage, and he should have been dead pretty quickly.
1129:You figure that the 2012 hysteria is because the Mayans predicted that Obama would try to raise a second sun, messing up the climate, and then raise a third one which lands on the United Nations.
1130:You believe most of your classmates are orcs because of their grades in comparison to yours.
Current Project:
Insane Hermit
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

EvilEarl wrote:1128:You believe that the Terminator is an impossibility because even at 100% pierce resistance bullets will each do one damage, and he should have been dead pretty quickly.
Wait, that's true? The game makes it 1 damage, not complete invulnerability? Huh. Didn't know that.
EvilEarl wrote:1129:You figure that the 2012 hysteria is because the Mayans predicted that Obama would try to raise a second sun, messing up the climate, and then raise a third one which lands on the United Nations.
That... Actually sounds realistic. I mean, not with Obama, but that the Mayans would come up with something as... Mayan as the creation of another sun. I mean, their culture places quite a bit of focus on the sun. Or was that the Aztecs?
Darkmage
Translator

Post by Darkmage »

Zerovirus wrote:
EvilEarl wrote:1129:You figure that the 2012 hysteria is because the Mayans predicted that Obama would try to raise a second sun, messing up the climate, and then raise a third one which lands on the United Nations.
That... Actually sounds realistic. I mean, not with Obama, but that the Mayans would come up with something as... Mayan as the creation of another sun. I mean, their culture places quite a bit of focus on the sun. Or was that the Aztecs?
The loyalists ;)
EvilEarl

Post by EvilEarl »

Either way, I think Obama would do it if the climate change scare gets high enough.
Current Project:
Insane Hermit
Darkmage
Translator

Post by Darkmage »

EvilEarl wrote:Either way, I think Obama would do it if the climate change scare gets high enough.

Yeah, he wil call the best mages in wesnoth ermm... the earth and create a new great fire ball called Naia ¬¬U
EvilEarl

Post by EvilEarl »

he probably has it hidden in the health care bill
Current Project:
Insane Hermit