The [endlevel] tag with result=continue (solved)

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
SkyOne

The [endlevel] tag with result=continue (solved)

Post by SkyOne »

Hi,

I am converting own to 1.7/1.8 and testing. Then it seems something wrong with the [endlevel] tag with result=continue. Could anyone tell me it has been changed to something else on 1.7/1.8?

It still triggers, and the scenario is ended up, but some message shows on the top of the map only in a second as <Invalid WML found>...

thanks
Last edited by SkyOne on November 19th, 2009, 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: The [endlevel] tag with result=continue

Post by doofus-01 »

"result=continue" was discontinued. You need to use something like

Code: Select all

result=victory
                    save=yes
                    carryover_report=no
                    carryover_percentage=100
                    linger_mode=no
                    bonus=no
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

The important key is linger_mode. If =yes, the screen is greyed out and the player given the possibility to save. The general behaviour seems to be a bit buggy, too, since the changes to the [endlevel] tag...
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Ken_Oh »

Anyone going to update http://wiki.wesnoth.org/DirectActionsWML ? (I'm not volunteering, because I don't quite understand it all yet).
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Good, good! A bit buggy, but it perfectly works without the victory music and screen. Also, the music continues to the next scenario as well. It is almost the same as "result=continue" in 1.6. Thank you, doofus-01, also, Anonymissimus and Ken_Oh.:smile:
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Re: The [endlevel] tag with result=continue (solved)

Post by Anonymissimus »

I've updated the wiki a bit; made linger_mode description precise and added info about result=victory and result=defeat being the only possible scenario outcomes.
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
SlowThinker

how to end [multiplayer]?

Post by SlowThinker »

This is a bit off-topic, but I prefer not to open a new thread:

[endlevel] is not supposed to end a [multiplayer] game? I must kill all leaders in order to end [multiplayer]?
I work on Conquest Minus • I use DFoolWide, Retro Terrain Package and the add-on 'High Contrast Water'
I moved to Nosebane's corner (Doc Paterson's signature); I am spending my time there, so PM me if I don't answer your post in forums
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Re: The [endlevel] tag with result=continue (solved)

Post by Anonymissimus »

SlowThinker wrote:[endlevel] is not supposed to end a [multiplayer] game? I must kill all leaders in order to end [multiplayer]?
Excellent question. Yes I did also notice [endlevel] doing apparently nothing in multiplayer.

Well, what should result=victory mean in mp ? Victory for whom ?
This is an issue I wanted to write about in that thread
http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 97#p485497
since the tag will probably need a re-work too then.

EDIT
Some quick test in 1.9: The tag ends my testgame (on the server me vs me) with "victory" for both...this doesn't feel right...and as I said, I remember the tag doing nothing instead...
I used this lua call: wesnoth.wml_actions.endlevel({ result = "victory" })
projects (BfW 1.12):