Movies discussion

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

soodo

Re: What is everyone's favorite movie at the moment?

Post by soodo »

Starwars |,||, and |||, but I heard the they were making the Hobbit and I really want to see that when it comes out.
Thanatos

Post by Thanatos »

soodo wrote:Starwars |,||, and |||, but I heard the they were making the Hobbit and I really want to see that when it comes out.
We really should keep this thread limited to movies already exisiting. There are also plans for filming Gaiman's "Death: The High Cost Of Living", which I would want to watch in 2011 (the year, The Hobbit will also hit the cinemas due to the actual plans). But I wouldn't claim this movie to be one of my favourites so far until I have actually seen it. ;)
ThanatoNoth | Necromanteion | Undead Rights Protection Society
"The gods can demand nothing of me. Even gods answer to me, eventually. [...] I cannot be bidden, I cannot be forced. I will do only that which I know to be right." (Death in Pratchett's "Mort")
soodo

Post by soodo »

It's not like I only posted a movie that is to come out. I also said starwars.

Why would it be a bad idea to post movies one is excited about coming out.
Skizzaltix

Post by Skizzaltix »

Mmm, I don't watch movies too much....

Three Days of the Condor was quite good, though. Very tightly directed (except for the obligatory love scene--I recommend you fast forward through it, actually. It is the only pointless scene in the entire movie, and as such it makes me sad).

And then there is this--can you endure ten thousand spoonfuls of terror?
Girgistian
Art Contributor

Post by Girgistian »

Skizzaltix wrote:And then there is this--can you endure ten thousand spoonfuls of terror?
Hah! That's freaking awesome :D I've got to start spreading this link. Man. :lol2:
For the dark gods!
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Skizzaltix wrote: And then there is this--can you endure ten thousand spoonfuls of terror?
Sweet XD
I really want to see this one.
Skizzaltix

Post by Skizzaltix »

Back on topic (I guess ;)), I watched Night Watch last night...good movie. Looking forward to getting Day Watch from Netflix soon.
Midnight_Carnival

Post by Midnight_Carnival »

I actually enjoyed The Punisher a great deal.

I mean I rented the movie because I wanted to be distracted by violent, brainless action, not to change my perspecitve on things or apreciate other people's values...

True to form, the move was as intelectually sitmulating to watch as an old woman falling down the staris.

... and just as much fun to watch :twisted:
...apparenly we can't go with it or something.
Mors

Post by Mors »

Midnight_Carnival wrote:I actually enjoyed The Punisher a great deal.

I mean I rented the movie because I wanted to be distracted by violent, brainless action, not to change my perspecitve on things or apreciate other people's values...

True to form, the move was as intelectually sitmulating to watch as an old woman falling down the staris.

... and just as much fun to watch :twisted:
Dude... :lol2:
Mors
Cloud
Art Contributor

Post by Cloud »

Jetrel wrote:I recently saw Kingdom of Heaven; went in with very low expectations (not sure why, maybe just knee-jerk antihype), was pleasantly surprised at how good the movie was (also very much liked the portrayal of Saladin, and the nameless blond knight hospitaler). I was actually surprised at Orlando Bloom's acting; I think he did a really good job with a very difficult-to act character (arguably a marty-stu).
Finally got this on DVD, I have to totally agree with you.

I also quite recently got The Cronicles of Riddick on DVD (cheepo DVD sales outside the Student Union shop are great) and I finally got to watch the whole film, not just the 'run from the sun' bit. Personally I think it's very well done, especially the SFX, it's nicely different from films of it's genre, without being too different. That's just my feeling though.
Softly/SoftlySplinter on IRC. Will be lurking around more these days
Mainline Animations|The Væringjar
Art for these mead-sodden, bearded mushroom-junkies by Girgistian!
Bellerophon

Post by Bellerophon »

Yesterday I finally gathered the will power to watch Brüno (had to google that dam u umlaut on account of my umlaut-less keyboard XD). Back on topic: the movie was great but so is any work of art released by Sacha Baron Cohen imo but although it had some ridiculously funny and loltastic scenes, Borat still tops the cake in my book. Nevertheless,I recommend the movie to everyone who's willing to try out something new...nudge, nudge, wink, wink.
Reginald_Barclay

Post by Reginald_Barclay »

Shibamage wrote:Fireproof! I love it. :D
And then Star Wars episodes II, III and VI, both Narnia movies out so far, and the new Star Trek.
I'd have to agree with those and throw in The Room.
The Room has to be one of my all time favorites - mainly because a man spent around 2 million US dollars for this project, was the director and leading actor, yet the movie still ended up in America's worst films ever made.
Even though it is completely and erratically horrible, it is hilarious watching them all epically fail at acting.
Darkmage
Translator

Post by Darkmage »

Hume favourite movie.... may i say The Ilusionist or The Butterfly Effect, or V-Vendetta(do not really know how to spell in english)
Thanatos

Post by Thanatos »

I recently got myself a copy of "Ghost in the shell 2: Innocence", which I saw first some years ago.
I nearly forgot how much I liked it - and also it's predecessor.
So I am all in the mood for good Animes again right now.
ThanatoNoth | Necromanteion | Undead Rights Protection Society
"The gods can demand nothing of me. Even gods answer to me, eventually. [...] I cannot be bidden, I cannot be forced. I will do only that which I know to be right." (Death in Pratchett's "Mort")
IPS

Post by IPS »

Noy is boring becuase he closed my thread of movies :cry:

But I maked that thread because I dindt know this thread exist :annoyed:

Well, well, My favorite movie was Terminator 2, Indeed a very nice Cience Fiction movie :geek:
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide