New thing in Wesnoth history

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Astoria
Inactive Developer

New thing in Wesnoth history

Post by Astoria »

I've been working on a piece of history about the rebuild of Wesnoth afther the Chaos Era.

What happens:
After the fall of the Chaos Empire, (IftU, AtS.) a group of Aragwaith magi travels south to the coast to, with the help of magic, rebuild Irdya.
They succeeded in letting it rain by elemental magic. So, the coastal area gets fertile again and Irdya is reborn. Later, they forge an allience between Elves, Humans, Aragwaith, Dwarves and even Orcs. With their help, the eventually succeed in destoying 1 of the suns.

I still need to improve it, but I wanted to know if you liked the concept.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
Konkonar

Re: New thing in Wesnoth history

Post by Konkonar »

Last edited by Konkonar on November 5th, 2009, 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hmt: (hm•t) Something said when one is amused. A cross between a grunt and a snicker.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

Haven't seen that topic...
But, yes, that idea could fit in history.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
Konkonar

Post by Konkonar »

Maybe you or some one should make a campaign about it. Although I think the timeline between Son of blackeye an Under the burning suns should be filled in first.
Hmt: (hm•t) Something said when one is amused. A cross between a grunt and a snicker.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

If I'm going to make a campaign about it, it would be between IftU and Thunderstone.
Konkonar

Post by Konkonar »

Thunderstone?
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

Konkonar wrote:Thunderstone?
Thunderstone.

It is still under development because it is very time consuming for one person to do so many sprites.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

LightFighter wrote:a group of Aragwaith magi travels south to the coast to, with the help of magic, rebuild Irdya.
I suggest that no campaign set after IftU (including AtS, from me, which is under production at this moment) uses the name "Aragwaith" or its plural.
They succeeded in letting it rain by elemental magic. So, the coastal area gets fertile again and Irdya is reborn.
As can be seen at the end of IftU, there are some fertile areas in the coastal line already. This will be further expanded in AtS.
Later, they forge an allience between Elves, Humans, Aragwaith, Dwarves and even Orcs. With their help, the eventually succeed in destoying 1 of the suns.
I'd like to reserve the right to destroy the artifical sun (most probably, it should not get destroyed at all). :| Also, the alliance was already set during IftU (Dawn of the Great War) and at the start of AtS it starts to tear apart (most notably, the elves break the alliance and start causing chaos in human territory).

If you are still curious what is the state of the non-mainline history of Wesnoth after the fall, be sure to check this wiki article, which contains some information regarding AtS which will change a lot when it starts being actually released.

Of course, I'm not forcing anyone to follow the continuity that ESR, Aethaeryn, Espreon and I are carefully crafting. It would be a great thing to maintain some level of cooperation in the UMC authoring department though.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

I agree. Read the timelines, they're there for a reason, even if the history isn't mainline canon. There's kind of a future history semi-canon (aka. not Wesnoth-official, but at least consistent between the related UMC campaigns-in-progress).
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]