How did you find out about Wesnoth?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

How did you find out about Wesnoth?

Through a friend
26%
Debian APT or Gentoo Portage
9%
Freshmeat
No votes
Linux Game Tome (happypenguin.org)
7%
SDL home page (libsdl.org)
1%
IceWalkers.com
No votes
MacCentral.com
No votes
Apple.com
3%
Google
13%
Other web site (please specify below)
12%
Through a LUG
No votes
iTunes/iPhone
9%
Other (please specify below)
20%

Total votes: 69

LordTao

Re: How did you find out about Wesnoth?

Post by LordTao »

My other: Through a game magazine in Germany. It was on the DVD of 2 of those magazines.
Elvish_Conquerer

Post by Elvish_Conquerer »

My Cousin Played it

So then i played on his computer all the time and have been hooked since 2004
"Not only that! He made the AI so smart that, it changes the RNG without affecting statistical analysis! So even if you calculate the probability of getting what you got, it seems reasonable, even though it isn't. We've uncovered a massive conspiracy!"
dragonwarrior

Post by dragonwarrior »

I only recently found out about the game, less than a fortnight ago. A link was in the signature on one of the forums I belong to, I think it was my ISP one.
Sky_Father

Post by Sky_Father »

I'd heard of the game long before I downloaded it; while searching for free indie games on google. But last week I gave it a go. Great fun! :)
Mors

Post by Mors »

Hello, I just registered in the forum a while ago, what a great community! :D.
About 5 years ago, I used to have a Pentium III and the only games I could run on that were very, very bad games, so after days of search, I found Battle for Wesnoth. At first sight, it looked pretty bad :P, so I uninstall it right away :lol2:. Now after 5 years, here I am, playing it! :mrgreen:. That's pretty much it.
Mors
Matthi205

Post by Matthi205 »

Mors wrote:Hello, I just registered in the forum a while ago, what a great community! :D.
About 5 years ago, I used to have a Pentium III and the only games I could run on that were very, very bad games, so after days of search, I found Battle for Wesnoth. At first sight, it looked pretty bad :P, so I uninstall it right away :lol2:. Now after 5 years, here I am, playing it! :mrgreen:. That's pretty much it.
That was pretty much the same reason because of what I used to play wesnoth 1.2/1.4,because I had a 900Mhz Mac...Civilization didn't run till I installed Linux and was VERY deep in Linux despite my age of 13.good that I have a 1,6Ghz toshiba now...better than the mac... :D ...
Mors

Post by Mors »

Matthi205 wrote:That was pretty much the same reason because of what I used to play wesnoth 1.2/1.4,because I had a 900Mhz Mac...Civilization didn't run till I installed Linux and was VERY deep in Linux despite my age of 13.good that I have a 1,6Ghz toshiba now...better than the mac... :D ...
I feel your pain! My Pentium III had 800MHz! :twisted:. I have Linux too (Ubuntu) and yes, if I have used Linux back then, I'd probably gone insane :lol2:.
Mors
JackBarber

Post by JackBarber »

Erm, well I have Linux and it was one of the few games on it... so I took a look at it.
"Do YOU know the muffin man?"
."Don't wake me if I'm dreaming."
.."Even words can drive a man to madness."
Matthi205

Post by Matthi205 »

Now I just don't have Linux (Debian btw),because there's much more Games for Windows,but i still hate Windows and Microsoft...BfW is still one of the only games I play,It's just unique!Btw:i'm playing sinc 2006...
sTi

Post by sTi »

My dad had brought a CD which contaned some games...that CD's name was "Chip"...maybe some of u guys knowing of that
when i saw that games in it i installed it...that was a gamer pack and in that game pack i got battle for wesnoth 1.2.4
very basic version which had only 6 campaigns-1:-HttT, 2:-Trow, 3:-Ei, 4:-UtBS, 5:-SG, 6:- ToTB ...
when i downloaded new version i was happy that many other campaigns i missed...but now i all in BtW v:- 1.6.7:mrgreen:
sTi
UncleJ

Post by UncleJ »

I found it on Google several months ago, and have been playing the campaigns, but I finally decided I'd start seeing what I can do against human opponents. (Probably get slaughtered, but if I learn something in the process, that's fine with me.)
Syron

Post by Syron »

A friend gave me the link of this game :)

Since this day, i play a lot of games on wesnoth :lol2:
Author of:
- Two Opposing Powers
Major
Art Contributor

Post by Major »

I got the 2006 version with my PC Format magazine in South Africa.
Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool.
PeterTheSaurian

Post by PeterTheSaurian »

EvilEarl
Location: It's not like you will ever find me, so I won't take the effort to remember where I am.

Post by EvilEarl »

Other: It was on the package list for Kubuntu. I downloaded it years ago. I think it was before 1.0 (I remember the tutorial being the Konrad vs. Delfador version, the main screen image being the one royal guy standing on a cliff looking at Weldyn, and the map editor was separate, maybe it didn't even exist back then.)
Current Project:
Insane Hermit
That second campaign will probably become a book instead, or a movie or a game or something. Sorry guys.