No Color :(

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Necron

Post by Necron »

I've been playing around with editing existing images and am having troubles getting the team colors to show. I used the colors specified here http://wiki.wesnoth.org/Team_Color_Shifting and yet in game it still looks like:

This is the base edited image, is there something I'm missing?

Using:
- Adobe Photoshop 7
- Wesnoth 1.6.5
- Included in the .cfg is {MAGENTA_IS_THE_TEAM_COLOR}

Thanks in advance.
Gambit
Loose Screw

Re: No Color :(

Post by Gambit »

I recomend you save that magenta spectrum into a seperate file and have it open in the background. Then use the color picker to colorize the TC areas. It has to be those exact shades.

Also you need to use transparency on the background. And make sure in the unit's file you put {MAGENTA_IS_THE_TEAM_COLOR}

Lastly this belongs in Art Workshop.
Necron

Post by Necron »

Gambit wrote:I recomend you save that magenta spectrum into a seperate file and have it open in the background. Then use the color picker to colorize the TC areas. It has to be those exact shades.

Also you need to use transparency on the background. And make sure in the unit's file you put {MAGENTA_IS_THE_TEAM_COLOR}
Now I'm really confused as that is exactly what I did :hmm: . I saved the color palette and then opened it up and used it to color the shoulder pad and crown gem (eye dropper tool to get the needed color)... Least I know I was on the right track!
Necron

Post by Necron »

Lastly this belongs in Art Workshop.
Oops sorry.
Necron

Post by Necron »

I've been playing around with editing existing images and am having troubles getting the team colors to show. I used the colors specified here http://wiki.wesnoth.org/Team_Color_Shifting and yet in game it still looks like:

In game screen.

This is the base edited image, is there something I'm missing?

Out of game image.

Using:
- Adobe Photoshop 7
- Wesnoth 1.6.5
- Included in the .cfg is {MAGENTA_IS_THE_TEAM_COLOR}

Thanks in advance.
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Nothing to be sorry about. New forums take getting used to.
You've done everything right as far as my art knowledge goes. :hmm:

Edit: Just saved this to my PC and copied over another piece of art. The image is perfect and team-colorized exactly how it should. It's got to be something in the unit file.
Necron

Post by Necron »

Gambit wrote:Edit: Just saved this to my PC and copied over another piece of art. The image is perfect and team-colorized exactly how it should. It's got to be something in the unit file.
Thats good to know, ok back to the unit file - thanks for the help.

FYI: I made another dupe post in Art Workshop as I figured this would be deleted.
Necron

Post by Necron »

Still don't know exactly what is going on, I've even tried to copy the image over an existing one and it still doesn't show correctly.

Here is the code associated with the unit.

Code: Select all

#textdomain wesnoth-units
[unit_type]
    id=Naga Sea Witch
    name= _ "Naga Sea Witch"
    race=naga
    gender=female
    image="units/necron/naga-witch.png"
    profile=portraits/nagas/fighter+female.png
    {MAGENTA_IS_THE_TEAM_COLOR}
    ellipse="misc/ellipse"
    hitpoints=36
    movement_type=naga
    movement=7
    experience=100
    level=2
    alignment=neutral
    advances_to=null
    {AMLA_DEFAULT}
    undead_variation=swimmer
    cost=39
    usage=mixed fighter
    die_sound=naga-die.ogg
    {DEFENSE_ANIM "units/necron/naga-witch-magic-1.png" "units/necron/naga-witch-magic-2.png" {SOUND_LIST:NAGA_HIT} }

... and so on (left out the animations and description)
For now sleep seems to be the only solution :shock: .
jdsampayo

Post by jdsampayo »

I suggest that you use the "pick color" tool, to use the same colors in the shoulder, that the ones you used in the staff team-color as they appear to be right.

Be sure to turn on the "hard-edge" option in the eraser tool when you are using it or it will create a mess with the colors.
In quechquixcauh maniz cemanahuatl, ayc pollihuiz yn itenyo, yn itauhca in Mexico-Tenochtitlan
As long as the world exists, no one will forget the glory and honor of Mexico-Tenochtitlan - Culhuacan memorial
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

Moved.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

"Curiouser and curiouser"

Your unit file is crystaline too. Tested and working.

When you say that it's not teamcolored on the on the in-game screen do you mean in battle or some sort of menu?
Necron

Post by Necron »

I suggest that you use the "pick color" tool, to use the same colors in the shoulder, that the ones you used in the staff team-color as they appear to be right.
Actually tried that the first time I added the shoulder pad thingy :shock: , thinking that would be the easiest route as I hadn't looked for the colors yet on the website. It didn't work so I went looking for instructions figuring maybe I missed something.
When you say that it's not teamcolored on the on the in-game screen do you mean in battle or some sort of menu?
Both, when you view unit (upgrade path) or view the unit for your leader right before you start the game and in the actual game. The first picture with the blue background is an actual in game shot where you select your leader after you've chosen your side.
"Curiouser and curiouser"
^ Truuf - starting to baffle me more and more especially when you've got it to show just fine. After work I'll start back on it - Round Two! :eng:
Vendanna

Post by Vendanna »

Nope, they aren't the correct gamma, and I even have a proof that you even submmitted.

Look at the naga with the black background, its Wand has a ribbon that is Team colored (As in the original I submitted)

So, if the wand silk is blue, and the shoulderpad isn't, its because the shoulderpad isn't in team color.

So, now you know the problem and the way to fix it. :eng:
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

Indeed - the colours have to be PRECISELY the same. The exact same hex/rgb value. You have to pick them with the colour picker tool, and apply them with a hard-edged, full opacity tool. Otherwise they break. Don't worry, we've all done it ;)
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Eh sorry OP. I was testing with side 1. :augh: