You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Devas

Re: You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

Post by Devas »

Well, it looks like you've forgot about the edit button once more :mrgreen:
EDIT: damn you, Cloud :|
EDIT2: Irony sounds more like french... I think the right word is "sarcasm".
Last edited by Devas on October 19th, 2009, 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cloud
Art Contributor

Post by Cloud »

#### - You ninja someone with a more ironic post. (Hmm is irony really the right word here? Bah sometimes I hate English, and I'm native too -_-),
Softly/SoftlySplinter on IRC. Will be lurking around more these days
Mainline Animations|The Væringjar
Art for these mead-sodden, bearded mushroom-junkies by Girgistian!
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

1078: You're bored so you dig through really old wesnoth forum posts. I was searching for a post by Maeglin that I know really made me laugh in the past (it was a dannyc thread) and I found this

http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... ilit=bling
It starts 4 posts in for people who weren't there at the time (like me).
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

Gambit wrote:1078: You're bored so you dig through really old wesnoth forum posts. I was searching for a post by Maeglin that I know really made me laugh in the past (it was a dannyc thread) and I found this

It starts 4 posts in for people who weren't there at the time (like me).
1079: You were lurking when that conversation happened the first time
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

You've been playing games other than wesnoth too long when:

####:While playing the Brent campaign you circumvent the woods, afraid that random wild monsters will appear :lol2:
Elvish_Conquerer

Post by Elvish_Conquerer »

[quote="Gambit"]1078: You're bored so you dig through really old wesnoth forum posts. I was searching for a post by Maeglin that I know really made me laugh in the past (it was a dannyc thread) and I found this

1081:you click that link
"Not only that! He made the AI so smart that, it changes the RNG without affecting statistical analysis! So even if you calculate the probability of getting what you got, it seems reasonable, even though it isn't. We've uncovered a massive conspiracy!"
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

^^that means you've been on the site for a day... >_<

please try to keep things on topic at least XD
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

1082: You turn on TV, you see someone wearing a magenta tie with his dark suit, and the first thing you think is that it's team color!
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
Elvish_Conquerer

1083: You still decide to post even when your dealing with ex=girlfriend is friends with best friend drama
"Not only that! He made the AI so smart that, it changes the RNG without affecting statistical analysis! So even if you calculate the probability of getting what you got, it seems reasonable, even though it isn't. We've uncovered a massive conspiracy!"
Elvish_Conquerer

1084: You read this forum to 100

1085: You keep reading

1086: You NOTICE that the posting became dramaticly slower since the fight for (and counting posts so u could stop the other guy from having the ACTUAL number) post 1000

1087: You get annoyed that people put ####

1088: You've played wesnoth so long that you forget where the number sign is and you take three minutes to find it (happened just now)
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

The #'s came in back when we lost our place. I use them when my post isn't actually "you've been playing wesnoth too long when" so as not to screw up the numbers for the people whos brain's can actually keep them on a topic.
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

Personally, I'm more annoyed by wrong numbers than by ####.

And skimming through this thread, just looking at the top visible numbers as I go through each page, the numbers have not been consistent at all. Instead, they seem to go up and down. For instance, #1000 was around page 50, and there's been a lot more than 88 since then. Note that 1087 has been hit twice before, in May and June:

http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 40#p356640
http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 53#p364453

Also, we reached 1732 last page...

If we're only counting good and not-repeated jokes, we're probably yet to hit 1000 still. It isn't a joke when you make references about post 1000 or getting this to page 100, it's just spam. In fact, references to this thread are not references to how long you've been playing Wesnoth. :P

In my opinion, it's time to take this thread out behind the shed and put it out of its misery. It's basically used as a newbie-post-count-boost thread now, when they're too lazy to repeat unoriginal jokes that were said on page 3.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
Devas

Post by Devas »

Aethaeryn wrote: It isn't a joke when you make references about post 1000 or getting this to page 100, it's just spam.

In fact, the whole thread has always been nothing but spam.
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

Devas wrote:
Aethaeryn wrote: It isn't a joke when you make references about post 1000 or getting this to page 100, it's just spam.

In fact, the whole thread has always been nothing but spam.
No. Arguably, in the first few pages the purpose was humor, not worthless spam. This point seems to have been lost by page 40, yet it somehow is approaching page 80.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Darkmage
Translator

Post by Darkmage »

True it is that many things get repeated, but most people don't know, maybe i have repeated some.The problem is that many, as has been said, post spam.

But seriously, some of the ones posted in first pages may be taken as advice, i remember the one saying.

When on a chat you always start a phrase with m(notice it is the shortcut for sending messages in multiplayer). It has indeed happened to me talking with a friend he did just asked me: Why do you always send messages with m first?
Also the one i posted of waking up as a deathblade(maybe repeated but it is true) and been confused, that was a message for me saying, stop playing undead man!!