Elvish Seperation Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Bellerophon

Re: need troll and merman ideas! if u want faction/unit tell me.

Post by Bellerophon »

*facepalm*
Harion

Re: need troll and merman ideas! if u want faction/unit tell me.

Post by Harion »

Bellerophon wrote:*facepalm*

oh ya i get it you just don't like me i get the whole thing ( but ya my jousting idea was kinda iffy) :roll:
Gambit
Loose Screw

Re: Elvish Seperation Era

Post by Gambit »

It is not that we don't like you. We do not know you.
What we dislike is your behaviour.

We give the same instructions to every double posting new guy that schizophranically jumps from one project to the next like a rock across a pond.

We tell them Please don't double post. Please don't post all these half baked ideas only to abandon them. We tell them that if they put some actual work into a project and have something to show for and THEN they post it we will look much more favorably upon it. And if they listen to all these instructions they are accepted into the cool cave and some good things actually come out of them and it makes them very happy and they realize they should have done this from the start :)

Ideas like yours are many. Ask any UMC dev on the forum. They have a massive, and I mean HUGE list of ideas. Few of them every see a flashlight, let alone enough full sun to make it to the addon server. But you will never ever hear about these ideas until they are ready. Why? Because posting ideas with no work on the forums just gets you a lock and a bunch of people wondering wtf is wrong with you.
Last edited by Gambit on October 22nd, 2009, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

Gambit wrote:And if they listen to all these instructions they are excepted into the cool cave and some good things actually come out of them and it makes them very happy and they realize they should have done this from the start :)
"Good" is clearly subjective.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
Lyrax

Post by Lyrax »

Gambit, I hate to be a grammar nazi, but "accepted" into the cool cave seems much more appropriate than "excepting" someone into anything. Although one could certainly argue that Harion needs to be excepted into the cool cave, I hope that's not the goal here.

Harion, welcome to the internet. I hope you enjoy your stay. Please leave unfinished, unworked, unrefined, and redundant ideas at the door. The internet happens to have all of these things in abundance. If it takes you less than ten minutes to think up and type up, then it's probably been submitted already and no one wants to hear it.

If you truly want to contribute, there is a time commitment required that you have not fulfilled with any of the ideas you have already posted. I hope you improve the quality of your posts soon.
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

dark magic and good magic both do arcane damage, so keep it the same and use a different attack animation.

ambush and nightstalk is definitely too strong. try just nightstalk. oh, and also, since elves are neutral if you have dark elves you should probably add light elves.

don't use jousting. just... don't. i don't want a three page post saying why it won't work.

a troll runt as a scout won't work: if it's smaller it just has shorter legs and would have around 3 speed. that's why dwarves are slower than humans (not the best example, but still) troll shamen conjure fire, so you could maybe put in a fire ghost or whatever as a scout, or maybe you could just use a bat: they live in caves and so do trolls, but i seriously doubt trolls are smart enough to tame bats. maybe a flying rock: if trolls can throw boulders as far as archers shoot arrows, then imagine what they could do with a pebble. or maybe it's just an enchanted flying stone.
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

wesfreak wrote:dark magic and good magic both do arcane damage, so keep it the same and use a different attack animation.
Dark magic often does cold.
wesfreak wrote:ambush and nightstalk is definitely too strong. try just nightstalk. oh, and also, since elves are neutral if you have dark elves you should probably add light elves.
Ambush and nightstalk might be too strong, unless you make the unit weaker. However, I always thought a nightstalk+concealment unit would be great because you could hide it somewhere during the day as well, but hiding on villages gives it a limited number of (unsafe) hiding spots.

As for light/lawful elves, I believe the term is "high elves" and they exist in Feudal Era already.
wesfreak wrote:a troll runt as a scout won't work: if it's smaller it just has shorter legs and would have around 3 speed. that's why dwarves are slower than humans (not the best example, but still) troll shamen conjure fire, so you could maybe put in a fire ghost or whatever as a scout, or maybe you could just use a bat: they live in caves and so do trolls, but i seriously doubt trolls are smart enough to tame bats. maybe a flying rock: if trolls can throw boulders as far as archers shoot arrows, then imagine what they could do with a pebble. or maybe it's just an enchanted flying stone.
How about a gremlin or some other dark/small/fast creature that allies with the trolls? There isn't one faction in mainline that is just one race (yes, Undead and Humans count as separate races) and that's for a reason: different creatures cover for the weaknesses of the other ones.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
Harion

Post by Harion »

I am already making high elves, however my high elves are more LOTRish and less feudal eraish.

as for night elves these elves live in shadowy pine forests, that is why anbush would go with nightstaulk, but it would be weeker than mainline elvish ranger.