The Griffoon Lads (updates on first page V. 0.9.2.2 out now!

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tillea

Re: The Griffoon Lads (updates on first page V. 0.9.2.2 out now!

Post by tillea »

Hi,

I downloaded Griffoon Lads on April 22 via Wesnoth extensions interface. (Meta question: I liked to download tarballs from http://wolff.to/campaigns/list.html formerly, but this does not seem to work any more since Wesnoth 1.4 was released - new campaigns show up only very randomly and Griffoon Lads is not amongst them - this is a shame because I regarded wolff.to as easy way to track down the campaigns.) Moreover I'm not really able to verify the version numbers - at least Griffoon_Lads.cfg says: Version 0.9 10/02/08 and the problem report is related to this version.

The attached savegame lets you easily reproduce it. Just level up Orcish Flibustier named "Gong" by killing Cavalryman Aethidd to reproduce the problem:

Code: Select all

error general: Error while playing the game: game_error: Could not find the unit being advanced to: Orcish Flibustier Boss
I can confirm that there is a file Orcish_Flibustier_Boss.cfg file in .wesnoth/data/campaigns/Griffoon_Lads/units in my home directory (running Debian GNU/Linux testing system running Wesnoth 1.4.

Any hint how to fix this?

Kind regards

Andreas.
Attachments
Market_Day_Runde_8l1.gz
Level up Orcish Flibustier named "Gong" by killing Cavalryman Aethidd to reproduce the problem.
(46.36 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

wolff.to hasn't been updated in ages I believe, the solution is to stop using it and use the ingame system instead.
svek

Post by svek »

[
tillea wrote: The attached savegame lets you easily reproduce it. Just level up Orcish Flibustier named "Gong" by killing Cavalryman Aethidd to reproduce the problem:

error general: Error while playing the game: game_error: Could not find the unit being advanced to: Orcish Flibustier Boss
I can confirm that there is a file Orcish_Flibustier_Boss.cfg file in .wesnoth/data/campaigns/Griffoon_Lads/units in my home directory (running Debian GNU/Linux testing system running Wesnoth 1.4.

Any hint how to fix this?

Kind regards

Andreas.
The error is caused by a mistake in the Orcish_Flibustier_Boss.cfg file. Change the line that says

id=Orcish Flibustier
to

id=Orcish Flibustier Boss
and all should be fine.

There are also some mistakes in the random recruits in the later scenarios which makes recruiting impossible if I understand things correctly. The scenarios refer to a "Slumboy", while the unit file thinks it's named "Slum Boy" (possibly the other way....). There might also be a problem with "Troll whelp" instead of "Troll Whelp", but I'm not this.

Last but not least: It's a very enjoyable campaign with a different feel than most others. I really liked the unepic story. Really nice.

(And for the record, it plays just fine on hard)
tillea

Post by tillea »

AI wrote:wolff.to hasn't been updated in ages I believe, the solution is to stop using it and use the ingame system instead.
But this actually is no solution because of several reasons:
  • I'd like to be able to get an ordered list according different criteria
  • I'd like to see a reasonable description
  • I'd like to see version numbers and last but not least
  • I need to be able to download via http protocol because of some firewalls
so wolff.to was providing a really useful service which worked until January this year perfectly fine.

Andreas.
tillea

Post by tillea »

svek wrote: The error is caused by a mistake in the Orcish_Flibustier_Boss.cfg file. Change the line that says

id=Orcish Flibustier
to

id=Orcish Flibustier Boss
and all should be fine.
Ahh, right, I missed this when inspecting the .cfg file. It works now.
svek wrote: Last but not least: It's a very enjoyable campaign with a different feel than most others. I really liked the unepic story. Really nice.
Thanks for the hint

Andreas.
kossa

Post by kossa »

AI wrote:
wolff.to hasn't been updated in ages I believe, the solution is to stop using it and use the ingame system instead.
That's a problem for me. Since I can´t update from ingame downloader :augh:
As ridiculous it might seem, I don't have Internet access from my computer :annoyed: . That's why I don't use the web interface. Luckily some people have alternative ways for downloading the campaigns :D .
Se é chato kossa / Se kossa faz ferida / Se faz ferida doi / Se doi vai ao médico / Se vai ao médico tem de pagar / Se tem de pagar é chato...
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Hello how could I get all my original files for my campaign since I lost it all on my old computer and I'dl like to take a look at it all.
You like gold? you don't care about Kings or wizards? You hate elves? then be a Griffoon Lad
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

At least they're still on the 1.4 add-ons server...
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

Anonymissimus wrote:At least they're still on the 1.4 add-ons server...
http://files.wesnoth.org/addons/1.4/Gri ... ds.tar.bz2
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Thanks a lot. :D
You like gold? you don't care about Kings or wizards? You hate elves? then be a Griffoon Lad
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

why doesn't it have the scenario or unit files?
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

You are a campaign author, aren't you ?
If there are neither scenario nor unit files then there isn't much else that a campaign may consist of, so you're probably doing something wrong. Have you looked at the right place (userdata directory) ?
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

The tar.bz2 file is indeed missing the scenario and unit files. I doubt anyone would have stripped them from the server, so that is probably how the campaign was uploaded, unfortunately. Maybe someone still has an earlier version.
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

doofus-01 wrote:Maybe someone still has an earlier version.
Someone wants a backup? :wink:
Griffoon_Lads.tar.bz2
Old version from a backup
(1.23 MiB) Downloaded 158 times
However, it's missing the cfg file (this was a bug on the add-ons server fixed more than one month ago), so you'll have to take it from current version. In fact, you'll have to combine two non-working versions to get one working add-on.
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Thanks, that one has all the files it seems.
However, it's missing the cfg file (this was a bug on the add-ons server fixed more than one month ago), so you'll have to take it from current version. In fact, you'll have to combine two non-working versions to get one working add-on.
so if I add the cfg from the other tar file, it should work?