Favorite Unit

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Scubaforce

Re: Favorite Unit

Post by Scubaforce »

I like Orcish Assassins, I mean, it's a near surefire poison now and they have pretty good defense in most terrains. Also a fan of the Dwarven Gaurdsman line, they are a pain to take down, and placed correctly can really save your butt at times.
We have labored long to build a heaven, only to find it populated with horrors.
Charlotte

Post by Charlotte »

Elvish shaman,

a level 1 healer that can survive (on forest tiles at least), slow your opponents and that can level in either one of the strongest magicians or one of the best healers (they friggin' fly!)
Hoping for luck means your strategy could not keep up with reality
Hoping for bad luck means the reality could not keep up with your strategy
Mordocai
Code Contributor

Post by Mordocai »

My favorite is the Dark Adept.

They are hard to protect, but when you pull it off... you can wreak havoc on just about anything.
Kuciwalker

Post by Kuciwalker »

Lancers are absolutely terrifying.
Lyrax

Post by Lyrax »

I hate fighting ghosts and orcish pillagers, but I think my favorite is probably the Silver Mage. Silver Mages are awesome.
Harion

Post by Harion »

elvish champion
javelineer
dwarvish lord
orkish slurbow
elvish avenger
Kerth

Post by Kerth »

Grand Marshal. The leadership is EPIC WIN.
Noskillz

Post by Noskillz »

Lancers - There is nothing more manly then being able to possibly kill most lvl1 units in one turn OR DIE trying! :D

Saurian Skirmishers/Ambushers/Flankers - These guys are fast, annoying and deadly you never feel safe if they're nearby

Dwarfish Dragonguards - They got large Boomsticks
Araja

Post by Araja »

I know I've said it before, but after seeing them on Wilderlands I'm even more convinced the Silver Mages are pure awesome.
sitenuker

Post by sitenuker »

Noskillz wrote:Saurian Skirmishers/Ambushers/Flankers - These guys are fast, annoying and deadly you never feel safe if they're nearby
Fast, annoying and deadly, the three watchwords of any great warrior! :lol2:

My favourite is Orcish archers as they can do decent damage to almost anything (with a ranged attack no less) and they level extremely quickly.

They may not be fast but they are deadly and, perhaps most importantly, annoying! :twisted:

Also, versatile. :hmm: The 4 watchwords of any great warrior...
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

sitenuker wrote:
Noskillz wrote:Saurian Skirmishers/Ambushers/Flankers - These guys are fast, annoying and deadly you never feel safe if they're nearby
Fast, annoying and deadly, the three watchwords of any great warrior! :lol2:

My favourite is Orcish archers as they can do decent damage to almost anything (with a ranged attack no less) and they level extremely quickly.

They may not be fast but they are deadly and, perhaps most importantly, annoying! :twisted:

I don't know, unless I'm in certain instances (like playing against Undead) I often have more assassins than archers. Both are rather niche in the Northerner lineup, but the assassin is more reliable and annoying.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
TheGreatRings

Post by TheGreatRings »

Personally I'd take the Assassin over the Archer, but the Orcish Archer's level two upgrade is quite formidable.
"One man alone cannot fight the future"-
The X-files

"Send these foul beasts into the abyss"-Gandalf
Elvish_Conquerer

Post by Elvish_Conquerer »

Thieves-Level 1, cheapish, backstab (i love that), and maximum 12-3 with leadership, and the strong trait, etc...
Spearmen-Level 1, cheap, is awesome in the afternoon, good pierce attack and has a ranged attack so archers don't shoot the (i don't know what sort of words i can use without being banned) out of it, and great leadership capabilities

Best Looking- That would have to be the Elvish Champion. He's strong cool and when he's not whipping/slashing his giant sword at u he's got it over his shoulder in an 'I don't even need to be ready for you cause I'll kill you anyways' stance

Edit: Also the Javilineer, a great all around unit that can dish out physical punishment and has a great ranged
Last edited by Elvish_Conquerer on March 20th, 2010, 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Not only that! He made the AI so smart that, it changes the RNG without affecting statistical analysis! So even if you calculate the probability of getting what you got, it seems reasonable, even though it isn't. We've uncovered a massive conspiracy!"
Cloud
Art Contributor

Post by Cloud »

sitenuker wrote:Fast, annoying and deadly, the three watchwords of any great warrior! :lol2:

Our chief weapon is surprise, suprise and fear, fear and surprise. Our two weapons are fear and surprise, and ruthless efficiency. Three weapon are fear, surprise and ruthless efficiency, and an almost fanatical devotion to the pope... four... amoungst our weaponry... amoungst our weaponry are such elements as fear, surprise... oh I'll come in again.
Softly/SoftlySplinter on IRC. Will be lurking around more these days
Mainline Animations|The Væringjar
Art for these mead-sodden, bearded mushroom-junkies by Girgistian!
Araja

Post by Araja »

In the time it took for you to finish that chant, your opponents and allies have joined other games.

Replace with bots?
Replace with local players?
Abort game?