Wishlist

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Zigg

Wishlist

Post by Zigg »

(-99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 chance out of 9999999999999999999999999999999999 that it gets added but of well)

1. Outlaws and Dwarves split apart.
2. More unit branches.
3. 60 frames minimum for animations (and they still get done fast).
4. 50 different sprite variations (longer spear, darker armor etc) for each unit and 50 different portraits (blue eyes, green eyes, black hair, blonde hair etc) for each variation.
5. 50 different sound sets for each unit (high screams, low grunts, fierce battle cries, scared whimpers etc) for each unit and more types (battle cry, recruitment phase, last words etc) of sound.
6. Wesfolk Faction (pirates, mercenaries, assassins etc).
7. Dwarven Doors Faction (hunters, rebels, dwarves, high cold resistance etc).
8. Skeletons and Skeleton Archers randomly be any race, with any weapons used by that race.

Add yours.
Bellerophon

Re: Wishlist

Post by Bellerophon »

My advice: cross your fingers and wait for Christmas of the year of Never-going-to-happen.

Seriously, what's the point of these kind of posts? :roll:
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

(In before the lock...)
Zigg wrote:1. Outlaws and Dwarves split apart.
2. More unit branches.
Extended Era. (BEEM counts, too.) They split apart Outlaws and Dwarves (there's no Knalgans although there's other Default factions) and they add more unit branches in some cases.
Zigg wrote:3. 60 frames minimum for animations (and they still get done fast).
4. 50 different sprite variations (longer spear, darker armor etc) for each unit and 50 different portraits (blue eyes, green eyes, black hair, blonde hair etc) for each variation.
Pay the art people to have Wesnoth be their full-time job and I'm sure they'll get to these eventually... after they complete everything on their current todo list and north-facing frames.
Zigg wrote:5. 50 different sound sets for each unit (high screams, low grunts, fierce battle cries, scared whimpers etc) for each unit and more types (battle cry, recruitment phase, last words etc) of sound.
Pay the music team for this. Humans can speak Welsh, Dwarves Scottish Gaelic (or whatever it's called), Elves Parisian French, etc.
Zigg wrote:6. Wesfolk Faction (pirates, mercenaries, assassins etc).
If you're going to pay the art devs and the music devs, might as well pay me to do this one.
Zigg wrote:7. Dwarven Doors Faction (hunters, rebels, dwarves, high cold resistance etc).
Very easy, I'll do that one too once I get my paycheck for the Wesfolk faction.
Zigg wrote:8. Skeletons and Skeleton Archers randomly be any race, with any weapons used by that race.
See answer to points 3 & 4.

I think "Wesnoth... IN SPACE!" will come far before any of your suggestions are implemented.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

If by "wishlist" you mean "if a genie comes out of a magic lamp, perchance, and grants you some wishes, here are some ideas for you to consider wishing for" I guess this thread is reasonable. But then, I dunno, I'd just ask for a bunch of money over having endless variations on portraits to fill up my memory with....
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
michchar

Post by michchar »

Here's something to add to your impossible wish list:
People stop talking and start making what they want.
Really. Just do it yourself. That's all there is to it.
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

You should really, really know better by now.

Locked.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.