dm- return of trouble

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Rakarei55555

dm- return of trouble

Post by Rakarei55555 »

i have 310 gold.

i'm on medium difficulty

i recruit 3 scouts to get villages, like 10 fighter, and the rest archers, so like 6 or 7 of them. i sent most of them to the purple orc, killed him, took his base, and worked out of there. but by then most of my guys were gone. it ended up with a back and forth over the same line of hexs between me and th other 2 orcs for like 10 turns, then one night i didn't have enough guys and they attacked and killed me.

how do i not get killed?

EDIT: my idea is to send the bulk of my force to the east to fight the green and blue orcs, and let my ally fight the purple orc. would this work?
Don't let anyone else
Tell you who you are
Rakarei55555

Re: dm- return of trouble

Post by Rakarei55555 »

come on, please, some one must know how to beat this?
Don't let anyone else
Tell you who you are
TheGreatRings

Post by TheGreatRings »

Without know what scenario you're on, there's not that much anyone is going to be able to tell you.
"One man alone cannot fight the future"-
The X-files

"Send these foul beasts into the abyss"-Gandalf
HomerJ

Post by HomerJ »

Scenario :arrow: Thread title I presume...

Greetz
HomerJ
Six years without a signature!
Rakarei55555

Post by Rakarei55555 »

really, did you not realize that the scenario is in the thread title?

The scenario i'm talking about is in Delfador's Memoirs (DM) and the scenario is The return of trouble.
Don't let anyone else
Tell you who you are
StandYourGround
Location: On a blue ball spinning through space at incomprehensible speed

Post by StandYourGround »

2v3, you and AI elf ally verses 3 orc encampments? Right scenario?

Anyways, here's how I beat it, in 1.7:

• Your ally is not so bright, but his suicidal charges against the western orcs will hold them off for a few turns. Use the time to wipe out the eastern orc keep as quick as possible. Recruit a keep of L2s, and move your leader out on first turn. The eastern orc leader will move out to capture the village close to you. Attack him full force. If you are lucky, you can terminate him in one or two moves, and clean out the keep with minimal losses.

• Send any healthy L2 immediately west to help your ally, and recruit at least two keepfuls of mostly L1 units from the fallen orc's keep (a good time to get some shamans). Clean out the forest quickly, and try to fight the orcs from the trees. The orcs from the northwest keep will try to sweep past the forest and steal all the villages, so you will need a fairly strong group to hold them off. If you fight from the rocky hills south of your starting keep to orcs on flatland, you will have a slight advantage. In any case, you can hold them off long enough for some forces from the forest to trap those orcs.

• The orcs will most definitely attack full force at night, even in the forest. Prepare a good defensive line with healer backup and use the forest defense to your advantage. As soon as you can, capture every orc-held village you can, to limit their reinforcements to one or two units every few turns. You will soon be able to advance right up to the southwest orc's keep and clean him out. The northwest orc will by now be a pushover, so just finish him off next. :)

Also, steal as many of your ally's villages as you want after you clean out the eastern orcs. After the initial recruits, the ally barely recruits at all.
I will now resume lurking silently.
Rakarei55555

Post by Rakarei55555 »

wow, nice strategy, but i beat the campaign already... thanks anyway though.
Don't let anyone else
Tell you who you are