Idea for a MP map

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

KunoNoOni

Idea for a MP map

Post by KunoNoOni »

I hope this is posted to the correct forum. Anyways, I have an idea for an MP map and wanted to run it by you guys to see what you think about it.

I want to make it an 8 player map. You start off with 10 predetermined units, there is no recruiting. Once you reach a set amount of gold reinforcements are sent (either 5 or 10 more units, also predetermined). there are only 4 "villages" on the map in the center, there suppose to be gold mines. each gold mine gives you 25 gold on your turn ( Might change that to new turn instead of turn refresh). The object will be to defeat the other army leaders.

Now I've talked about this with a friend of mine and he gave me alot of reasons why he didn't like this idea. some of them being:

1. predetermined armies limited the strategy you could use.
2. only having 4 villages that give you gold is unfair because at most a player will only be able to hold only 1 or 2 of those villages. Which give an unfair advantage to those that hold them

So what do you guys think? Lemme know!

-KunoNoOni

PS. No really, let me know what you think. please. :)
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Re: Idea for a MP map

Post by Baufo »

What you are talking about is a scenario, not a map :eng:

Well, I think you should just create such scenario and find out whether it is fun.
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
KunoNoOni

Post by KunoNoOni »

Then I guess I did post it in the wrong forum, my apologies...

I'm asking for opinions so I don't waste my time making something that isn't fun to play. But perhaps you are right. Thank you for your opinion :D

-KunoNoOni
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

wesnoth chess has predetermined units and it's nice, so i don't see why this shouldn't, sounds quite simple to implement the wml part too
I'd say it's worth a try
Like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick ass with!
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Felinian faction is part of the Beyond Southern Hells era
kitties need sprites! art topic here