Mac 0.8.3 build

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

penguin
macOS Packager

Mac 0.8.3 build

Post by penguin »

i made a build of 0.8.3 and uploaded it. the only thing is it has none of the data folders, because my internet is very slow and it'd take me around 3 hours to upload, plus i don't have a place to put it that can handle that much bandwidth - would anyone be willing to repackage it with data folders (can be gotten from the release tar ball i think)?

EDIT: It's all packaged with data and uploaded now:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wesn ... p?download

note: languages other than english doesn't work (sorry :(), and it only works on 10.3, not 10.2
Last edited by penguin on September 1st, 2004, 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sanna

Re: Mac 0.8.3 build

Post by sanna »

penguin wrote:i made a build of 0.8.3 and uploaded it.
Uploaded it where?
penguin
macOS Packager

Post by penguin »

well, i was waiting for someone to agree to do it before posting the link, since i don't think i have that much bandwidth (my host could probably handle it, but I'm not totally sure - anyway, it'd be better for most people to get one with data included). would you repackage it?
penguin
macOS Packager

Post by penguin »

oh well, I'll just post the link, I'm pretty sure prohosting can handle it:
http://jove.prohosting.com/benscats/wesnoth_osx.zip
but, please, if you can, make a zip of the .app and the data folders it needs and upload it someone.
scott

Post by scott »

Could you please tell me how you did it? Did you use XCode or ./configure make-install? If you used XCode, would you mind sending me your project file and where you put gettext?
penguin
macOS Packager

Post by penguin »

the main thing is, in linker settings i put " -liconv /sw/lib/libintl.a", which staticly links libintl (gettext). but, don't worry about repackaging it now, I'm working on making one.
Star Gazer

Making sense of compiling 0.8.3...?

Post by Star Gazer »

Hi Penguin, i'm very impressed that you've made sense of it all, Ihave become completely confused as to the purpose/place of getext - do I ditch all the SDL files and just create the link you've mentioned, or what?

I assume that the getext 0.14.1 file is the right one?

Sorry to be so stupid, but I am only just getting to grips with XCode.
penguin
macOS Packager

Post by penguin »

oh don't worry, gettext confuses me too. and I've given up on making this build ACTUALLY work with languages other than english (i did look into it, but it looks quite hard to figure out). but, it will be done very soon.

edit: it's ready now, but I'm not sure where to upload it, and I'm going for an hour at most, I'll upload it when i come back.
lilepo2023

Post by lilepo2023 »

it may jus be me but tha website downloads something that doesnt even launch...
im sinning but im winning at the same time/took a couple shots from a coward tryin ta take mine/back in the hood wit a chopper an a tech nine... im doin 100 on the hi way/u doin the speed limit then get the f*ck outta my way...
scott

Post by scott »

Alright, I would like to get this pinned down so I can have the files necessary to compile cvs and EVERY FUTURE VERSION of this game!!! :P

If you will indulge me, let me describe what I did. If you can point out any problems, please inform.

1. Installed gettext via fink. I just updated all my packages.

Starting with the XCode project file originally provided by Sithrandel...

2. Added the 3 new files in src to the project (Battle for Wesnoth > Wesnoth > src). These were gettext.cpp, gettext.hpp, and wesconfig.h

3. Under target > settings > 'Other Mach-O Linker Flags' it now says
-framework SDL -liconv /sw/lib/libintl.a

4. Under search paths I added (following a tip from Miyo)
/sw/include under Headers
/sw/lib under libraries

5. I also added the contents of /sw/include to the project (Battle for Wesnoth > libs)

6. updated the plist versions to 0.8.3, as if it matters for this!

EDIT: success! I removed /sw/lib and it went. Thanks for everyone's help.
wobbegong

Post by wobbegong »

scott wrote:Alright, I would like to get this pinned down so I can have the files necessary to compile cvs and EVERY FUTURE VERSION of this game!!! :P

If you will indulge me, let me describe what I did. If you can point out any problems, please inform.
Great Idea - found your instructions/pointers easier to follow than anything else regarding Xcode use so far...

Still had a failure to build though :

src/filesystem.cpp:190: error: `LOCALEDIR' undeclared (first use this function)
src/filesystem.cpp:190: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)

Trying to find out where LOCALEDIR should be defined, anyone got any ideas?

I've got a day off tomorrow, and access to a fairly wide bandwidth academic network, so if I can get things working I can put them seomwhere where they can be easily picked up for placement on sourceforge and/or wesnoth.org

Cheers,

Tim.
Star Gazer

Post by Star Gazer »

Hi Scott - which version of XCode are you using?

I upgraded to 1.5 three weeks ago, and the Fink site warns of problems with that version - are you still with 1.2?
scott

Post by scott »

The new source code adds 3 new files: gettext.cpp, gettext.hpp, and wesconfig.h

I needed to manually add these to the project.

Wesconfig.h says, basically, if I can't find a config.h file, use these settings...
VERSION = xxx
LOCALEDIR = xxx
etc.

Have you added these 3 files?
Right/Cmd Click on 'Battle for Wesnoth', 'Add...', 'Existing Files...'
then select these 3 files from the src folder.

I am using 1.5. Fink didn't complain (I am using fink commander).
penguin
macOS Packager

Post by penguin »

well that's good, your one's probably better anyway since it started from Sithrandel's project. did you change the version in wesconfig.h? if not you'll have the same problem as Dave had with the windows binary, with it thinking it's 0.8.2.
as i was reading what you said i realized forgot i should've told you to put in /sw/include as a search path, so it's good miyo told you :) i don't think you should put the contents in there though, the only file needed is intl.h (or maybe libintl.h), and if you have the search path there it'll find it anyway.