Scenario Review: UtBS 7a - Dealing with Dwarves

Feedback for the mainline campaign Under the Burning Suns.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Content Feedback
Battle for Wesnoth

Scenario Review: UtBS 7a - Dealing with Dwarves

Post by Content Feedback »

Since this is an interlude level, a few questions drop off.
1) What version and difficulty level did you play the scenario on? Please do not submit feedback from pre 1.4.
4) Do you like the storyline and the dialogues? If not what part/character lags behind or what would you like changed?
5) Do you think the scenario was fun? Please write down some thoughts about gameplay, mood etc.
Mainline Campaigns: Scenario FeedbackDevelopment & Overall Feedback
User-made Add-ons: Feedback
blue

Re: Scenario Review: UtBS 7a - Dealing with Dwarves

Post by blue »

I had a minor problem with this scenario. I m supposed to give the flaming sword to whoever i want but i cant recall any units cause i m starting with zero money.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

blue wrote:I had a minor problem with this scenario. I m supposed to give the flaming sword to whoever i want but i cant recall any units cause i m starting with zero money.
Good catch, that can happen if you finish the previous scenario with no or negative gold. Will be fixed in 1.7.4 (as well as the same issue in the troll branch scenario).
shadowblack

Post by shadowblack »

1) What version and difficulty level did you play the scenario on? Please do not submit feedback from pre 1.4.
1.8.4, Desert Sentinel (Challenging)

4) Do you like the storyline and the dialogues? If not what part/character lags behind or what would you like changed?
Very good.

5) Do you think the scenario was fun? Please write down some thoughts about gameplay, mood etc.
Just story, so no much to say here. Getting the flame sword was nice, but I liked the sorceress better.

6) Do you think the scenario's WML is clear and commented well enough? If not which part would you like to see improved?
Could use some more comments. This part left confused:

Code: Select all

[if]
            [variable]
                name=saw_dwarf_prisoner
                numerical_equals=1
            [/variable]

[then]
                [message]
                    speaker=Rogrimir
                    message= _ "You saved my life and my debt to you is still unpaid. Showing you the way to the surface and protecting you is the least I can do."
                [/message]

[message]
                    speaker=Jarl
                    message= _ "You rescued my brother, and though he died fighting, he died a warrior's death instead of a coward's. For that I thank you. I will take his place and help you get to the surface."
                [/message]
            [/then]

[else]
                [message]
                    speaker=$dwarf_name
                    message= _ "You did a great service for my brothers. In exchange, as much as I hate the light, I am the one who knows the upper tunnels the best, so I'll be your guide."
                [/message]
            [/else]
        [/if]
There is no “saw_dwarf_prisoner” variable in this or the previous scenario. Also:
1) The conversation makes it seem like Rogrimir is alive (since he has a line) AND dead (according to what Jarl says)
2) Probably because there is not such variable, but I did save Rogrimir, yet I got Jarl as guide
You are a Dark Adept: You immerse yourself in the dark arts... potentially with great rewards...
LordWolfDan

Post by LordWolfDan »

- 1.14.5, Normal

2) Do you think the difficulty is adequate to the level? If not describe the issue that made the scenario to easy/hard.

- This is just a dialogue scenario. Nothing special

3) Was there any event that caused you to almost instantly loose, or made the scenario unplayable without reload?

- No

- Pretty good talk-only scenario! It was sad to know that Elyssa was leaving, but Rogrimir could serve as a good substitute I say. The flaming sword went to Quenoth Marksman

- As said, a good talk-only scenario
Zrevnur

Post by Zrevnur »

Content Feedback wrote: March 11th, 2008, 11:09 am 1) What version and difficulty level did you play the scenario on? Please do not submit feedback from pre 1.4.
1.14.11 Champion/Nightmare no reloading
Content Feedback wrote: March 11th, 2008, 11:09 am 4) Do you like the storyline and the dialogues? If not what part/character lags behind or what would you like changed?
Not sure.
Content Feedback wrote: March 11th, 2008, 11:09 am 5) Do you think the scenario was fun? Please write down some thoughts about gameplay, mood etc.
I get to recruit some units for 'free' with 100 gold. Ok. The sword goes to the dwarf due to the danger at the start of '11. The Battle for Zocthanol Isle'.
Attachments
UtBS-Dealing with Dwarves replay.gz
(42.54 KiB) Downloaded 352 times