Prosa request for "The Legend of Wesmere"

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

fabi
Inactive Developer

Prosa request for "The Legend of Wesmere"

Post by fabi »

The prosa of the named campaign is in a mixed state.
Some speech is quite good because it was rewritten for the mainlineing of the campaign.
The older parts sometimes just not seem to fit to the new content.

The campaign has high quality portrait images for most characters but only a few have enough speech.
The persons that definitely lack in the amount of word to say are:
  • Galtrid
  • Aldar
  • Velon
  • Legmir
  • Cleodil
  • Uradredia
Kalenz is followed by a bunch of loyal units without extra portrait and I would like to have them talk as
well from time to time. Those speech can be both, character specific or character unspecific.

These are issues that are scenario specific:

Scenario 19:

Kalenz and Landar plus army destroy the saurian's capitol Saurgrath.
This is the end of organized saurian civilisation in this part of the world for a long time.
To reflect that story issue in a better way I changed the objectives of that scenario from just defeating
all enemy leaders to kill every saurian and destroy all saurian villages.
But this genocide is much too quiet at the moment. The elves kill and the saurians die without any sorrow or despair.
I guess it's a hard task to find the right words for such an incident.

More to come later.

Please help me with this issues!
Greetings,
Fabi

edit: Modified the title to point out that the post is a request.
melinath

Re: Prosa for "The Legend of Wesmere"

Post by melinath »

Just to clarify: is this a request that a writer step up and fix the points you've pointed out?
fabi
Inactive Developer

Re: Prosa for "The Legend of Wesmere"

Post by fabi »

melinath wrote:Just to clarify: is this a request that a writer step up and fix the points you've pointed out?
Yes.
melinath

Re: Prosa request for "The Legend of Wesmere"

Post by melinath »

I would be happy to rewrite LoW's dialogue at some point in the future, though I by no means wish to keep anyone from volunteering to do it sooner. I personally don't plan on working on any campaign writing until after the lore collection is complete. Unless the rewrite of any given campaign could be completed before that campaign was extracted and analyzed, changing the campaign would make the extraction process more complicated.

Once the lore collection is complete, I plan to try rewriting TRoW. When I finish that, if no-one else has claimed it before then, I would start work on LoW.
StandYourGround
Location: On a blue ball spinning through space at incomprehensible speed

Post by StandYourGround »

I'd love to try it. Does all the dialog first need to be extracted (I can do), or is there already a convenient wiki page or text document I could peek at?
I will now resume lurking silently.
melinath

Post by melinath »

melinath wrote:Once the lore collection is complete, I plan to try rewriting TRoW. When I finish that, if no-one else has claimed it before then, I would start work on LoW.
Oh, boy. I sure thought I would have years of free time. Huh. Oh, well.

In other news, I think ESR may have taken care of the specific points raised by fabi a while ago. I also am fairly certain that there's a string freeze going into 1.8, but if you'd like to extract lore and give rewriting LoW a shot, I wish you well!
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

Melinath is right,
the urgently needed speak that correspond to the redesign of the campaign for 1.8 has been done by esr.

The extracted text of the campaign can be found here: http://www.wesnoth.org/gettext/index.ph ... sion=trunk