UMC Lore

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Bob_The_Mighty

UMC Lore

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

I just thought, is there a space for settings and stories from UMC in the lore collection? Perhaps as a secondary resource (like the dodgy Star Wars novels are sometimes included in the canon).

For instance, the whole idea of The Brotherhood of Light, was taken from the unit description of the White Mage. The theme is used quite literally:
Some magi, as they learn about the world around them, and learn the truth of the suffering and squalor in which humanity too often lives, find that they cannot bring themselves to be cloistered into a life of study. These men and women give up the life of a mage, and join monastic orders, dedicating the skills they have been given to the good of all. After their ordination, they often travel the world, ministering to sickness and injury.
?
My current projects:
MP pirate campaign: The Altaz Mariners
RPG sequel: Return to Trent
MP stealth campaign: Den of Thieves
melinath

Re: UMC Lore

Post by melinath »

The lore collection as it's currently defined is strictly limited to mainline campaigns etc. Once the explicitly stated lore is collected, there will hopefully be an attempt to reconcile differences/contradictions within mainline. Once that's finished, the lore could be fleshed out. I see no reason that UMC could not be a source of ideas for fleshing canon lore out, but it needs to be defined first.