Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

RenoOfTurks

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 2.9.1

Post by RenoOfTurks »

very important!!!add the soulblind ability to the magic attack of the Saurian Soulmage!!(and to all his evolution)fix it!!!O_O!!!FIX IT O_O! lol

*and saurian Trainee must have regenaration+4 ability,please add it

*fix the bug on the Saurian Champion(lv3 evolving from saurian gladiator) sprite...it doasn't appear!
Huston

Post by Huston »

PapaSmurfReloaded wrote:Is Ageless era only a compilation of others eras?
yes and it has so far been reported that it interferes with the era of magic and the era of the future.
coded Rebellion During the Dark Age
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Huston wrote:
yes and it has so far been reported that it interferes with the era of magic and the era of the future.
I know, I know, I know!! Lol I am extremely busy in life right now but huston if you want to fix this replace all the unit id names with id=AE_#NAME and go to the faction and do the same. Then just post the faction and the Welkins unit folder. And if you are really in to it change all the race ids to race=AE_welkin and then change the race id itself in the Welkins.cfg file to id=AE_welkin and the name to name= _ "race^AE Welkin" and the plural to plural_name= _ "race^AE_Welkin"
RenoOfTurks wrote:very important!!!add the soulblind ability to the magic attack of the Saurian Soulmage!!(and to all his evolution)fix it!!!O_O!!!FIX IT O_O! lol

*and saurian Trainee must have regenaration+4 ability,please add it

*fix the bug on the Saurian Champion(lv3 evolving from saurian gladiator) sprite...it doasn't appear!
Soul mage weapon special is already fixed!!!O_O!!!FIX IT O_O! lol

There was no sprite image made for the champion so i am using the duelist. If I get time I will make a quick one.

Why must the saurian have regenerates? It would gratly over power it for a level 0 even if it is only 4. It has both a ranged and a melee attack. I am sorry but I will not add that...

Yes. But only certain eras. I could not add your only because some things like your medic would gratly overpower on small maps and so would some of your transports. Plus being able to recruit levels 1-5 and having a unit that you can recruit that has a lot of different attacks would really overpower. I do like the sprite images though. Did you make them?
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
Huston

Post by Huston »

mnewton1 wrote:
Huston wrote: yes and it has so far been reported that it interferes with the era of magic and the era of the future.
I know, I know, I know!! Lol I am extremely busy in life right now but huston if you want to fix this replace all the unit id names with id=AE_#NAME and go to the faction and do the same. Then just post the faction and the Welkins unit folder. And if you are really in to it change all the race ids to race=AE_welkin and then change the race id itself in the Welkins.cfg file to id=AE_welkin and the name to name= _ "race^AE Welkin" and the plural to plural_name= _ "race^AE_Welkin"
i know you know mnewton i was answering his question. i'm also extremely busy irl right know. i currently have pentarctagon releasing dev versions of EotF. if it hasn't been fixed in about 2 weeks then i'll fix it.(i'll be busy like the next 2 weeks.)
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

i thought saurian trainees were supposed 2 have one cool special. i cant remember them anymore though. one was assasin and gave backstab i think.....
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Huston wrote:i know you know mnewton i was answering his question. i'm also extremely busy irl right know. i currently have pentarctagon releasing dev versions of EotF. if it hasn't been fixed in about 2 weeks then i'll fix it.(i'll be busy like the next 2 weeks.)
Grrr now you are going to make me do it. Well, I tried. I will get it done in the next week.

wesfreak wrote:i thought saurian trainees were supposed 2 have one cool special. i cant remember them anymore though. one was assasin and gave backstab i think.....
Backstab is not a bad idea for the trainee...
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

in the strife era trainee have regeneration +4..(for the gladiator lv3 u can use the same attack sprite,becouse the attack sprite work)
uhm..and the saurian soulmage have not the soulblind ability actually...(i tryed it and doesn't work)(in the 2.8 work,now in 2.9 not work)

another thing to fix is the Windsongs Gatekeeper "counter" ability(becouse the EoM the gatekeeper have the counter ability)
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

While you are free to change the trainee as you wish, it was supposed to have one trait, that adds s.th. special to it.

Code: Select all

assassin:   adds Backstab, Nightstalk and Concealment
helpful:    adds protection and healing +4
guard:      Has ZoC, but no ranged attacks, +30% hp and -1 MP
aggressive: Regenerates, has dread on melee and does one more damage
I'm pretty sure that those traits aren't equally strong, though.

I recently fixed a bug in the soulbind special (EoS), but I know nothing about AE.
~ I'll heal you by 4 hp if you post next to me ~
Have a look at the Era of Strife, featuring Eltireans, Eventide, Minotaurs, Saurians and Triththa
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Lizard wrote:While you are free to change the trainee as you wish, it was supposed to have one trait, that adds s.th. special to it.

Code: Select all

assassin:   adds Backstab, Nightstalk and Concealment
helpful:    adds protection and healing +4
guard:      Has ZoC, but no ranged attacks, +30% hp and -1 MP
aggressive: Regenerates, has dread on melee and does one more damage
I'm pretty sure that those traits aren't equally strong, though.

I recently fixed a bug in the soulbind special (EoS), but I know nothing about AE.
Thanks

RenoOfTurks wrote:in the strife era trainee have regeneration +4..(for the gladiator lv3 u can use the same attack sprite,becouse the attack sprite work)
uhm..and the saurian soulmage have not the soulblind ability actually...(i tryed it and doesn't work)(in the 2.8 work,now in 2.9 not work)

another thing to fix is the Windsongs Gatekeeper "counter" ability(becouse the EoM the gatekeeper have the counter ability)
I meant I had already found the bug but had not released it yet. I have do the same with the Windsong Gatekeeper line. Should I release a new version now?
Creator of Ageless Era
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

I really want a new version *.*!!

*u have fixed the sprite problem on the faction from EoM?(for example the windsong,the vampire,the devling...)some of the sprite missing)
Last edited by RenoOfTurks on August 2nd, 2009, 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

btw, here is the current .cfg with the traits. I'm not sure if the zoc adding works and it could use some cleanup, but maybe it is helpful.
~ I'll heal you by 4 hp if you post next to me ~
Have a look at the Era of Strife, featuring Eltireans, Eventide, Minotaurs, Saurians and Triththa
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

:o i want a +4 healing :P i love u becouse u make the saurian faction!..eheh... :oops:

*ehrm the Dragon Faction have a lot of saurian o.0 for me is not a good thing..for me in the dragon must rest the saurian skimisher and the saurian healer and..and nothing else!becouse actually are too much similar to the saurian faction!!!!!!
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Do you also want a Free Goblins faction. I have been resurrecting it from he grave slowly so I can add it to the era. I am almost done. I get bored and decided to stop what I was doing in life for a little while and work on the welkin. I have attempted balancing them because I tough they were way overpowered. They had to much health and all that stuff. Now I am just going to wait for Huston to tell me to post this stuff in the Welkin's Balancing thread :P Anyway, there ids re changed as well. There were a lot of them. I am going to get back to the goblins and see if I can get them to work.
Creator of Ageless Era
Huston

Post by Huston »

mnewton1 wrote: I get bored and decided to stop what I was doing in life for a little while and work on the welkin. I have attempted balancing them because I tough they were way overpowered. They had to much health and all that stuff. Now I am just going to wait for Huston to tell me to post this stuff in the Welkin's Balancing thread :P
good guess. mnewton. Besure to post any balanciong you do tyo the welkin in the balancing thread. :wink:

also i have put pentarctagon in charge of releases for the EotF for at least the next 2 weeks. him, mirion and turuk are also going to be working on balancing. i';m sure any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

*surely the Guardian of Day must cost around 19 golds..

the idea of the free goblin faction sound very cool!!u can pick all the goblin unit from the barbarians,from the northererns and the "mu"from the priest...surely can be a very funny faction!!

Uhm and for the Drake faction u want make modify about the saurians?all that saurians make the dragon faction too much different from the normal one...

-this time remember the plague ability to the anakes damned!and add the Deadly Strike to the Heterodox(if the name is correct)

*can be an idea add the sea dwarves?and what about a faction whit the animal unit(the one u can find in some campaign on in some survival)?like the wolfs,the slimes,yetis,nagas,spiders,octopus,dragons etc...