Now for those drakes.

Discussion among members of the development team.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Neoriceisgood wrote:That's a tail.
What? He's got a brown tail across the front of his body?
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

That's a diagonal belt, and I don't see how you can mistake that for an arm realy..
What unit should I redo next?
Elvish_Pillager

Neoriceisgood wrote:That's a diagonal belt, and I don't see how you can mistake that for an arm realy..
No, I see the belt. The other arm is right under it.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
pip8184

Post by pip8184 »

one arm holding the spear, one the sword, the diagonal belt, then a horizontal belt i suppose. BTW, i like the two middle drakes in the first pics most... I want 'em in da game :cry:
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

The new drake clasher is done, he looks prettyer :D
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

And here is the new drake slasher, whom also needs a new name.
Drake Pillager
Location: Everywhere you imagine, nowhere you can possibly think.

Post by Drake Pillager »

Ooh boy! Add the Drake Pillager to the renewed drake faction =) it will be much appreciated.
I am the king.
Elvish_Pillager

Drake Pillager wrote:Ooh boy! Add the Drake Pillager to the renewed drake faction =) it will be much appreciated.
Umm.... Drakes are bad enough. A Drake Pillager is just plain rediculous and would never be included in the game.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Uhm right :shock:

Any comment on the new drake slasher anyone?
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

I was confused for a bit becuase in your recent post of drake slasher pics, you had a drake clasher in the lower left corner.

I like the slasher better than the clasher, especially the level 3 slasher, who looks a bit avian. (the helmet almost looks like a beak)

My main problem with the drakes is that they are rather busy cluttered images with the same color scheme used over and over. I rather prefer the images you posted at the top of this thread, which had very different colors from each other. I was a bit confused becuase the clasher looked a bit like the slasher, similar weapon and body colors. I prefer units that are distinct and easy to recognize at a glance.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

hm...thinking about how to fix this problem without taking away the unit design;
the problem is that I don't want to change three colors; skin color, the gold armor and the green weapons; and what's left to change after that?
Christophe33

Post by Christophe33 »

The graphics are nice but to cluttery and with too much details that leads to confusion. I think you should simplify somewhat by taking away the belts, shading more the tails, rounding up the armors...
Never tell a dwarf that he shortchanged you!
Elvish_Pillager

Neoriceisgood wrote:hm...thinking about how to fix this problem without taking away the unit design;
the problem is that I don't want to change three colors; skin color, the gold armor and the green weapons; and what's left to change after that?
Failing that, drastically change the size and location of various parts.
Invisible Philosopher

Post by Invisible Philosopher »

(sigh) This is probably going to mess up the scenarios that I use drakes in in the Wesvoid campaign. But I suppose it's still a good thing.
Play a Silver Mage in the Wesvoid campaign.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Well, just PM me what problems it might cause and I'll try to keep the damage low.