Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 2.8

Post by Pentarctagon »

btw, next time your on, you should probably update the thread title to 2.9.1

ohyeah, forgot to mention, for the windsong could the level 3 and level 4 form be the same picture instead of the level 2 and level 4 being the same? because honestly the level 3 form looks a lot better and it's kinda wierd that the picture essentially 'devolves' back to the level 2 image.

Edit: oh yeah, forgot to thank you. ageless era somehow fixed my wesnoth 1.6.3, all the letter/punctuation were little squares, i downloaded ageless era, and now there are words! :shock:
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Juan-

Post by Juan- »

Here comes the Aragwaith-Masters code, mnewton1:
Aragwaith-Masters:
Mnewton1 code acolite...
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

i'm just returned from my holiday in sardinia!!i immediatly checked this post..and the 2.9.1 is AMAZING!!look free of big bugs..BUT the damned from Anakes have not(AGAIN!!!!!!!)the plague ability!!>_< cm'on don't forget to add the ability in the next relase please :? anyway the primeval work is very cool
tvrtko

Post by tvrtko »

Drakes AE - that undead saurian guy should be weak, not resistant to arcane, I mean he's undead!
Anakes - As RenoOfTurks said, Damned and upgrades should have plague
(forgot which faction) - Fey Witch - love potion attack should have a special effect, right?
- some units have a defend-only attack, but it's not noted anywhere.

Sorry for not being precise, I'm at another computer without Wesnoth. Keep up the good work.
"Worms are better than me." - Homer Simpson
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

technically he is not undead. did u read the discription? a living guy induced into a trance. and turned into a mindless slave. not undead.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Ugg. I thought I got the plauge ability working. I will fix that soon. I am still not on my computer but I now have some time on the internet. I am sorry that I cannot reply to all of you but I am really busy :augh: Thanks for the master code Juan-. I will edit this post later with more information
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

(forgot which faction) - Fey Witch - love potion attack should have a special effect, right?<---- i agree becouse 2-1 is too weak..surely need some special effects!!maybe a super effect mix like absorb( only 1 hp drain but is not important)plague,poison,slow and something like that,all in the same attack
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

i would say make it something like 10-1 slows, because if someone's in love with you, they usually will not want to attack you as much.
Darkaros

Post by Darkaros »

The Yokai

The Fey Witch was from the Yokai, and had a custom ability from that faction, which is no longer maintained I think. I'm pretty sure the custom ability's WML can be found... somewhere on that topic. The ability basically meant that:

chance to hit=chance to mind control

It made level one or two units fall in love and change sides to the player's side. Unfortunately, if the attack misses, then the Fey Witch would be mind controlled to the opponent's side. The fact she's level two and your gambling for level ones means that you can't abuse this ability... Much.
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

O_O wow that's cool o.o...uhm the day guardian is similar to heavy infantryman from loyalist...but cost only 17 gold..i think they need to is more expensive...i think 19-20 is the right cost
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

mnewton, could u in future put ur maps in a seperate add on? not all r balanced (example: desert map: drakes and desert elves have huge advantage) and it's cluttering up my maps. i cant find maps 4 some add ons with all urs in the way. the order for them is messed up 2: they appear twice for some reason.
Huston

Post by Huston »

RenoOfTurks wrote:O_O wow that's cool o.o...uhm the day guardian is similar to heavy infantryman from loyalist...but cost only 17 gold..i think they need to is more expensive...i think 19-20 is the right cost
just saying Day Guardian isn't very specific. What faction is it a part of?
coded Rebellion During the Dark Age
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

welkins!!*u have a avatar from that faction!!!!!:P
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

i think this is a bug, since this wasn't in the updates post on the last page, but the windsong gatekeeper line no longer has the counter weapon special. it is in the cfg file, but it is not being implemented ingame.

Edit: i checked on a different computer and it was the same problem. however, if I stick the counter definition in _abilities.cfg then it works again.
Edit2: i went and checked a couple other units and apparently none of the weapon specials in the _weapon-specials.cfg file are working.
Huston

Post by Huston »

RenoOfTurks wrote:welkins!!*u have a avatar from that faction!!!!!:P

*slaps self upside the head* Duh. i'm an idiot :oops:
coded Rebellion During the Dark Age
Currently working on:
Era of the Future