Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mnewton1

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 2.8

Post by mnewton1 »

That is a good idea. I can't wait to see all the completed art.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

i was wrong 2 prejudge ukians. they have some bad units, but are good overall.

suggestions (also i would like the name of the faction they are originally from so i can suggest this there 2) : make a stalker dog, 2 accompanie the commando on night missions. give it ambush/nightstalk maybe at lvl 2, and backstab at lvl 1.

What the heck are kythos?? (campain/faction name please)

i have some race ideas: a race that's mixed undead and humans, the undead having helped defend the humans against an enemy necromancer.
They have walking corpse, a skeleton with a staff that only goes up 2 lvl 2 but does magic, dark adept, maybe adept of light, a holy warrior, a mainly fire archer that shoots regular arrows 2, a horse scout with a flail and maybe a heavy infantryman.
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

for me ukians are very good and strong...they doasn't need modify...maybe change the horse man attacks..and 6 for 2-2 attach is too much
buzzkin

Post by buzzkin »

My suggestion for the Ukians would be the following:

I think having both the dog and the Civilian is not needed. They have a similar "cannon fodder" type role and you just need one or the other. If you make the claim that the normal dog is better used as a "scout" type unit, they you have to consider that both the runner and the rider are also good scouts. I really like the idea of a "stalker" type attack dog with backstab ect. I would either get rid of the normal dog all together and have two level one dogs; the stalker dog and the attack dog, or buff the normal dog to a weak level one that could upgrade to either the attack or stalker (who would also be better).
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

i half agree. the civilian sucks even as cannon fodder when compered to the peasant, goblin or any other lvl 0. with no advancement even worse. In my opinion, the horseman should also be removed, as he is also pointless. y have a horseman when these people have almost never before seen horses? just leave the dog and the runner as scouts: that is enough.

there is actually something u missed that i commented on: The saurian trainee from free saurians. still doesnt get a cool trait, such as assasin which gives him nightstalk and backstab, like he used to. It doesnt work in the other era as well, which uses ae unit files now. was this taken away purposely?

U also didn't put in the necromantic innitiate from resurection of wesnoth like i asked.
Juan-

Post by Juan- »

Ok, here is the vampires masters code, mnewton1:
Vampires-Masters:
Mnewton1 code acolite...
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Thanks a lot Juan-. I was at the beach AGAIN. I have changed the price of the Primevals and have added new sprite images for the Heavy Bladesmen and the Master Bladesmen. I am also thinking about adding a unit called the Longswordsmen. They units will do a lot of damage but will have only 2 attacks and no armor. I will also be slow. I have Edited the High Elves Sorceress so it is weaker. It now is 6-1 melee and 7-3 ranged. The missing level-up for some unit that I cannot remember was fixed and I am fixed some minor errors.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
Juan-

Post by Juan- »

Uh oh...I already noticed i failed with something in the code of some factions I already sent to you...mnewton1...
I put leaders level 3, and recruits level 1 and 2...but i failed changing image and type (example: Vampires-Masters type shall be AE_Sire, not AE_Noble)

If you think that is a problem...tell me to repay that...
Mnewton1 code acolite...
thorgaal

Post by thorgaal »

Hello, that's a wonderful work that adds a lot to the game diversity. But please I'm a big fan of some Wesnoth RPGs, could you make a RPG version of the Ageless Era. Thank you a lot!!!
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Rpg will take awhile.

Version 2.9 of Ageless Era is now out on 1.6 add-on server!
Updates
Primeval - Prices Raised, New sprite image for the Heavy Bladesman and the Blades Master. New units: Primeval Hektor and Primeval Priam.
Ukians - Leveling up now works, Strengthened Ukian citizen and now it can level up.
Orcia Gladiators - Added recruits
Orcish Khaganate - Edited Shieldsman line
Ageless Era - All faction names changed except defualt
Edited Default Eras
Minor edits to several factions

These are only the In-game updates
Creator of Ageless Era
tvrtko

Post by tvrtko »

I was bored... browsed the add-on forums... downloaded ageless era... went to choose the faction... and then...

:D NIRVANA :D
Man you are the greatest of the greatest keep on working work hard work good you're the BEST!
"Worms are better than me." - Homer Simpson
MattDakka

Post by MattDakka »

An error occurs when I try to install the Ageless 2.9. :(
I can download it but I can't install it due to an error.
Favourite Eras: Ageless Era; Eastern Europe at War.
Favourite MP Map: Creep War.
thorgaal

Post by thorgaal »

Idem :?
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

same thing, i went and checked the stderr.txt and it had this:
Spoiler:
there were a lot of repeats of errors as well, but i excluded those because it would have added over 300 lines to what is already here.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Grunok

Post by Grunok »

I figured out what the problem is.
The add-on tries to make a folder labeled "aux".
You can't create a folder with the name "aux".
read here: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_can't_you ... _or_MS-DOS
the add-on needs re-created without naming anything "aux".
I hope this post helps.