Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

RenoOfTurks

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 2.8

Post by RenoOfTurks »

:o now i understeand :o
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Thanks. I will try and fix most of those. There are a lot there.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

Primeval: lvl 3 apprentice is still much 2 weak, 18-2 is almost nothing compered to some other units 25-2 the heal ability heal for the monk is completely pointless: sure, there are 2 unit types that dont regen, but y give heal when only 2 types dont' regen???? pointless.
and last but not least the bladesman jumps from lvl 2 to lvl 4 with no lvl 3 version.

Ukians: MUCH to weak and this might be something wrong with my computor but none of them lvl up anymore, even the ones that are supposed 2.
things that i suggested previously were never fixed/ commented on. i feel so ignored :(
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

I know about the level 2 to level 4 thing. I have already fixed that. I have fixed the the Ukians level up issue. The Ukians are meant to be more of a versatile race. They are good on nearly al terrains and have some good units. The Ukian Regular is quite strong. It is neutral and has 8-3 Firststrike. They also have decent bowmen. I will change them up a little. I am thinking of adding another unit. Any suggestions? The Apprentice has 10-2 and a decent melee attack. It also has regenerate and 32(new) hitpoints.

As for the ignored part. I just realized I almost ignored a whole page... I was tired :P
wesfreak wrote:Drakes:only some of the drakes have changed animation and i think the inferno drake should lvl up into armegedon drake.
I am going to add the Armageddon sooner are later. There is a lot of work so that is near the bottom of my list. :P
wesfreak wrote:Primeval: the followers or the sages should have an ability if they don't lvl up. also, the higher lvl forms of the apprentice r weaker then most lvl 3 units that have 3 attacks. The monk, in my opinion, needs some ability like battle tutor or something. I'd say heal but everyone regenerates.
Follower line now does level up to 3. You mean the Storm Cantor not apprentice? They have regen and have magic attacks plus a decent melee. Monk can stand alone now. He is basically an archer.
wesfreak wrote:the Damned: If u call something a sniper, give it marksman. I also found the Daemon and Archdaemon 2 weak for their lvls.
The Saurian Ambusher doesn't have ambush. It is just a name. I will consider giving it sniper. I am going to be busy all week. I will have some free time on the weekends but will be mainly at the beach. But part of the time I will have internet.
wesfreak wrote:the fawn leaders should do a bit more damage, and the explorer puck either needs serious buffing or to be made a lvl 0. it does less damage then wc.
Fawn leader has Leadership, and 5-5 attack. It also has 60% defence in forest. He does nearly the same amount of damage as the Lieutenant. I beefed up the Explorer Puck a little.
wesfreak wrote:High elves: the sylvanus does a 2 little damage for one of the greatest mages in the class. the gendarme need more hp
Both the Sylvanus' attacks are magical so they always have 70% to hit. If they were any stronger he would kill every level 1 that attacked it. It has both ranged and melee magic attacks. If you could give me a good reason why the High Elven Gendarme needs his HP lowered then I will do so.
wesfreak wrote:ceresians: when looking at the unit description of the halbredier it sais parse error when parsing help text: corrupted original file. i think this means u cant lvl them up either.
believe this was because of his ability. It was not in the era. This has been fixed. There is no problem with him leveling up. I have checked
wesfreak wrote:cavernei: almost exactly the same as dwarves. y not lob the watcher into another dwarf based faction and remove them?
As posted earlier. The teleport ability changes the gameplay greatly.
wesfreak wrote:summoners: all the lvl 3 summoners should have summon, the rhami turns into completely different unit types: from low damage high strikes to low strikes high damage or to high strikes low damage and then high damage low strikes. Also, the dimensional gate 2 and 3 can become the same elementals, from lvl 1 to lvl 2 or from lvl 2 to lvl 2. this should be fixed. the summon effect doesn't work as well.
Remind me about this later. I am going to work on them soon...
wesfreak wrote:Ukians: these really need work. the horse units r useless because runners are as fast and better, civillians should lvl up and either lvl up a subcommander 2 a lvl 4 commander or call it a commander.
I am planing on making a horseman line.
wesfreak wrote:devillings: the flappers are now lvl 1, yes, but don't seem much different from when they were lvl 0. now they just have zoc and cost more.
They are level 1 because they have a weak ranged an melee attack but also can fly and have a lot of moves.
wesfreak wrote:desert elves: these need mages or archers with a fire arrow.
I am going to keep them like they are for now.
wesfreak wrote:i know this sounds mean but i intend this 2 be constructive criticism. I think its a great idea that u did all of this, and u should get an expert gave developper, scratch that a team of expert game developers 2 help. its a huge job and should be their job. this thing could also use an rpg era, even thought rpg is out of stile.
I love constructive criticism!!! RPGS ARE NOT OUT OF STILES. There will be an RPG at some point... Please keep posting :D
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Wesfreak wrote:summoners: all the lvl 3 summoners should have summon, the rhami turns into completely different unit types: from low damage high strikes to low strikes high damage or to high strikes low damage and then high damage low strikes. Also, the dimensional gate 2 and 3 can become the same elementals, from lvl 1 to lvl 2 or from lvl 2 to lvl 2.
If you have any balancing suggestions about the Era of Magic, please post them in it's official thread too. I found this by accident. I don't read all topics everyday, because I don't have time for this.
Wesfreak wrote:I think its a great idea that u did all of this
He didn't make all of this (if you mean "all" factions of course). The main aim of the ageless era is to bring best eras and factions (made by other authors) together.

@mnewton1: To avoid situations like these you should consider adding abreviations of eras to factions' names. This will tell players, from which era is a faction. For example: "Summoners (EoMa)".
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
Juan-

Post by Juan- »

I have a question, mnewton1, is about coding the factions, i find there are factions with two files, example: Barbarians-magic and Barbarians-mrpg, or Windsong-eom and Windsong-Recruit, my question is: What file shall i code to make the masters version?
Maybe this question is answered already, cause i find some factions who already are in masters version, example:
Eltirians-Power(the same than Eltirians-Masters:
Mnewton1 code acolite...
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

i said gendarme needs more hp because when the unit that he is lvled into doesn't get more hp from lvl 2 to 3.
ParadiseCity

Post by ParadiseCity »

Just one thing: Units that are marked to level up sometimes have a ? instead of the unit that they are supposedly leveling into. When you do level these units the game glitches and you cant continue play. Some that i know of are:
Ukian Seeress
Primevial Blademaster
And other higher level units that elude me, mainly in those factions.

~ParadiseCity
"The harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." -Thomas Jefferson
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

by all this i meant putting everything together. by rpg's are out of style i meant that barely anyone plays them in multyplayer, they play colloseom or gladiators instead.

suggestions for new factions: the mercenary's era has some good balanced factions. I suggest the avians, a race of bird-men who live in mountains, and the plagued, another kind of undead that's really facinating. the others are decent, but i dont' think they're all that great, and could be left out. they have VERY complicated special's.

a question: when AE was updated, mine wasn't. I had to re-download it from add ons again, and apparently it's still not completely up to date. Is this normal?
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Just one thing: Units that are marked to level up sometimes have a ? instead of the unit that they are supposedly leveling into. When you do level these units the game glitches and you cant continue play. Some that i know of are:
Ukian Seeress
Primevial Blademaster
I had the same problem, but with all ukian units. i tried reinstalling and it didnt solve the problem. whenever one of the ukian units level up, the game says that it cant find the unit and then exits the game.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

I was gonna suggest that you make an rpg type era (like Myths RPG), but realized it might be alot of work. So I Took a hand at it. Messy as all hell ([original faction]_rpg-[era] for all the factions, and changing the era macros to reflect the name change--and renaming the era of course), but it works. I'll upload the folders I played w/ (factions, and eras, surprise!), and if you want to use it, go ahead ^_^

Merry Christmas, I guess?

EDIT: also, as I'll be leaving for 2+ months soon, expect some tinkering w/ the actual sprites and things. I see some that I feel aren't quite up to snuff--yeah potpourri eras ^_^
Attachments
Ageless_Era.zip
(6.75 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Thrawn wrote:I was gonna suggest that you make an rpg type era (like Myths RPG), but realized it might be alot of work. So I Took a hand at it. Messy as all hell ([original faction]_rpg-[era] for all the factions, and changing the era macros to reflect the name change--and renaming the era of course), but it works. I'll upload the folders I played w/ (factions, and eras, surprise!), and if you want to use it, go ahead ^_^

Merry Christmas, I guess?

EDIT: also, as I'll be leaving for 2+ months soon, expect some tinkering w/ the actual sprites and things. I see some that I feel aren't quite up to snuff--yeah potpourri eras ^_^
That is exactly what I planned to do. The problem, as you pointed ut, it that it will take forever. There are hundreds of units :cry:. I think that for a substitute I am just going to find out how to [disallow_recruit] of all the units and just add that to the original era so you can have level 2 units leaders.
Pentarctagon wrote:
Ukian Seeress
Primevial Blademaster
I had the same problem, but with all ukian units. i tried reinstalling and it didnt solve the problem. whenever one of the ukian units level up, the game says that it cant find the unit and then exits the game.
Already answered this in a higher post. I said I had fixed it. I did not say it had been released.
wesfreak wrote:i said gendarme needs more hp because when the unit that he is lvled into doesn't get more hp from lvl 2 to 3.
Fixed. The Lancier now has less Hp.
Juan- wrote:I have a question, mnewton1, is about coding the factions, i find there are factions with two files, example: Barbarians-magic and Barbarians-mrpg, or Windsong-eom and Windsong-Recruit, my question is: What file shall i code to make the masters version?
Maybe this question is answered already, cause i find some factions who already are in masters version, example:
Eltirians-Power(the same than Eltirians-Masters:
Nearly all of the eras do. I am trying to make them from scratch because for one thing, I want them to have different ids and names(see reply below). And I want each faction to include nearly all the units
inferno8 wrote:@mnewton1: To avoid situations like these you should consider adding abreviations of eras to factions' names. This will tell players, from which era is a faction. For example: "Summoners (EoMa)".
Good idea. It has been done. Took me forever!!! I also managed to fix the titals so they do not look like a bunch of code in-game in 1.7.

To all - Important

I am pretty sure I answered everything. Anything I missed. I am also looking for suggestions on the Kythons race. I want to make them into a factions but I do not think that they would be to popular. I was planning to add all the normal Kython and a spirt thing that would take control over every creature it attacked except the Primevals and other Kython. What bothers me though is that there are not to many units. I think the Spirt will make up for it though. Thoughts?
Creator of Ageless Era
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

There are hundreds of units, but I've done it already--I simply took the units each faction could recruit, and made them leaders of the faction_rpg. So until you find an easy way to make it more convenient, you don't have to--all changes/modifications to the units themselves should register, as long as you don't move them around (which would break the other faction.cfg files anyways) ^_^
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

mnewton1 wrote:I was planning to add all the normal Kython and a spirt thing that would take control over every creature it attacked except the Primevals and other Kython. What bothers me though is that there are not to many units. I think the Spirt will make up for it though. Thoughts?
The Khthon aren't really finished, I have a plan to flesh them out with a plague ability. Basically, the victim becomes level 1 & chaotic and the sprite colour-shifted (less art needed). Then, like the animals, it levels into a regenerating snake thing, kind of like this guy (though less faction-specific):
champion.png
champion.png (3.78 KiB) Viewed 3872 times
So, in the end, they'll have archers & fighters just like other factions.
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

this art look nice :hmm: