Configure script

Discussion of all aspects of the game engine, including development of new and existing features.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

azlan

Configure script

Post by azlan »

I thought of we should find out if the user has SDL_image with PNG support and not Just SDL_Image..
Becouse i dont have Png support but don't get any error messages..

Exept for when running the game.. :)

And maby we could add, to find where Kde, Gnome and other WM that we can make a mime/type and make a link in the menu with assigned icon.. That would make it look good and pro like..
|----------------------|
| The Lion is Back |
|----------------------|
ziberpunk

Re: Configure script

Post by ziberpunk »

azlan wrote:I thought of we should find out if the user has SDL_image with PNG support and not Just SDL_Image..
Becouse i dont have Png support but don't get any error messages..
Ok, I'll do it. I'll check other options in libs that are requested by wesnoth aswell.
azlan wrote: And maby we could add, to find where Kde, Gnome and other WM that we can make a mime/type and make a link in the menu with assigned icon.. That would make it look good and pro like..
I'll try to do this aswell, but I don't know how to do it, so you'll have to wait a bit more ;P
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

You could look at the mandrake rpm about where are the menus and mime/types
yawningdog

Post by yawningdog »

Menu entries are defined by .desktop files. I'm not sure about their specific structure or internals; looking at examples from other packages would helps, as fmunoz said.

Here's a quick link I found. It tells how things are done with gnome, but I understand it should work with any other freedesktop.org compliant desktop (KDE, XFCE, etc):
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.0/menuediting.html
ziberpunk

Post by ziberpunk »

There seem to be some config programs:gnome-config, kde-config; that tell where .desktop should be located.

According to the link, however, .desktop should be located in $prefix/share/applications, and there're a lot of .desktop but I think that they don't appear correctly in menus.

It seems that the organization of these files is a bit of a mess, so I'll investigate a bit further to see which is the proper way to do it.
ziberpunk

Post by ziberpunk »

Changes suggested are now in CVS and latest snapshot aswell.

About the PNG check:
*) configure checks for PNG support in SDL_image (and gives an error if not found)
*) configure checks for OGG support in SDL_mixer (and gives a warning if not found)

About the menu:
*) configure searches gnome1. If found installs application icon and menu entry accordingly
*) configure searches KDE. If found installs application icon and menu entry accordingly
*) In any case, application icon and menu entry are installed in $prefix/share/icons and $prefix/share/applicactions respectively
*) If you don't want to install icons and menu entries, there's an option ./configure --disable-icons
azlan

Nice..

Post by azlan »

Nice.. It's looking like a real configure script now.. :wink:
|----------------------|
| The Lion is Back |
|----------------------|