Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mnewton1

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 2.8

Post by mnewton1 »

2.8 Released on Add-On Server

Please report any bugs with the Primeval, the Windsong or the Ukians.

It will be on 1.7 soon
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
MattDakka

Post by MattDakka »

Thanks very much for all the efforts spent making it mate!!!
I'm downloading it now!!! :D

Primeval Slowfoot disappears when he attacks.
Driver and Bladesmen doesn't animate when attacking.
Praecentor sprite disappears when defending.
Blood hulk when recruited is lev 2 instead of 1.
Last edited by MattDakka on June 15th, 2009, 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Favourite Eras: Ageless Era; Eastern Europe at War.
Favourite MP Map: Creep War.
Juan-

Post by Juan- »

Here are the Calydonians Masters...
Calydonians:
EDIT: Anakes Masters...too...
Anakes:
EDIT 2: And for last...Dark Elves Masters...i hope the three factions code works
Dark Elves:
Mnewton1 code acolite...
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

from primeval the cutter and the switfoot are too cheap!!!cutter:15 switfoot:16!! 13 for a 5-4 is really too much cheap o.o

*u forgot to add the "plague" ability to the anakes Damned!;) fix it
MattDakka

Post by MattDakka »

RenoOfTurks wrote:from primeval the cutter and the switfoot are too cheap!!!cutter:15 switfoot:16!! 13 for a 5-4 is really too much cheap o.o
I agree! He's too cheap, he has regeneration too.
Kharos have just 3 leader choices, could you add some more?
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

I am at the beach with 6 girls and 1 6 year old boy. I am not going to have much time on the internet but I can reply now. I am also adding the Welkins and the Yokia factions.
MattDakka Replies:
RenoOfTurks Replies:

Juan- Replies:
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
Davidteoh

Post by Davidteoh »

hi mnewton1!

I am David teoh from malaysia,i think my country is half way across the globe to yours.. :D

i have been playing ageless era for 2 weeks now,i am not much of a wesnoth player..But i do love ageless era very much..

there a few things i would like to comment about..
I noticed a few weaknesses in ageless era..maybe u would like to change some of that

1.Anakes is a very weak race in that era..it seems some races have overpowered anakes quite alot..
2.vampire units turn invisible while spawning..its a bug or what?i dont like the fact that u cant see the units on the battleground
3.The most that caught my attention was Goddess of van and And Wargod in Primeval with regen of 99..i meant how the heck are u going to kill them..
4.deviling,some of them doesnt have animation when attacking
5.i would like to see summoners have the summon ability..but of coz reduce some of their dmg in return for that..and the scroll thing is just too Gay..i mean come on 80% success rate..
6.lastly,i hope there are no repetitive units in that era..As in having 2 same units in 2 different races..causing both races have the same type of units..i believe different races should have its own unique units..

Its okay if u dont agree with me on those changes..Bye for now 8)
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

i agree! the anakes make too much low damage... i dunno nothing about the "99 regeneration"...and i think the 80% for the summoner scroll is soo nice and don't need change...uhm..and the vampire problem i think is fix..
MattDakka

Post by MattDakka »

Yes, even in BEEM era Anakes are weak. I told that to Voodoo but he never buffed them very much.
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

anyway the "plague" ability of the Damned is very important for the faction...is very useful
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Ok I am back so I will be on a lot more.
Davidteoh wrote:1.Anakes is a very weak race in that era..it seems some races have overpowered anakes quite alot..
I am going to balance them next.
Davidteoh wrote:2.vampire units turn invisible while spawning..its a bug or what?i dont like the fact that u cant see the units on the battleground
I am not sure what is wrong with this. I believe it has to do with the female version of the units. I can see male versions of the units but not the female.
Davidteoh wrote:3.The most that caught my attention was Goddess of van and And Wargod in Primeval with regen of 99..i meant how the heck are u going to kill them..
That is only in Bad Moon Rising. They are god units. The Primeval units have been updated and have a lot more units and art.
Davidteoh wrote:4.deviling,some of them doesnt have animation when attacking
I do not have time to make animations...
Davidteoh wrote:5.i would like to see summoners have the summon ability..but of coz reduce some of their dmg in return for that..and the scroll thing is just too Gay..i mean come on 80% success rate..
All units that have the scroll weapon special have a weak attack. The summoner has a 10-1 attack. The Summon ability is currently not working...
Davidteoh wrote:6.lastly,i hope there are no repetitive units in that era..As in having 2 same units in 2 different races..causing both races have the same type of units..i believe different races should have its own unique units..
I do not believe there are.
RenoOfTurks wrote:anyway the "plague" ability of the Damned is very important for the faction...is very useful
Fixed
Creator of Ageless Era
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

The Summon ability is currently not working... <----- actually the summon ability work !!
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Wow... :P
Creator of Ageless Era
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

why?is a miracle o.o?
mich
Translator

Post by mich »

why?is a miracle o.o?
Because you have the "Era of Magic" installed. So you don't have a missing macro. Remember that this will cause oos problems, but it's not the only problem.
If you look at the stderr you can see an interminable list of missing things, and I think that at least a couple of them will cause oos errors.
So, to make your work easy I will put here my stderr (yes, I had only Ageless Era, no others add on). 237 lines, not all errors (some are lines for 1.7 compatibility), but you will have fun looking at it.
Spoiler:
Other than this, the summoners use the "Era of Magic" ids, please, change them before possible problems, and do the same with all the remaining not changed ids. And remember that also macros definitions needs to be different from the ones in the others eras. And no, the ids problems is not a little problem. When you are playing online and receive an oss problem it's not much fun.