A freely modifiable wesnoth boardgame

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Matthi205

Re: A freely modifiable wesnoth boardgame

Post by Matthi205 »

:oops: Indeed,its written on my mac and clearly works on windows,so you shouldn't have problems opening it with word(not notepad). If you have problems,I could write it again in Notepad.
uzytkownik

Post by uzytkownik »

Matthi205 wrote::oops: Indeed,its written on my mac and clearly works on windows,so you shouldn't have problems opening it with word(not notepad). If you have problems,I could write it again in Notepad.
Ok. The file sent works OK. I have neither Mac nor Windows ;) (and my 'Word' stopped working and I did not noticed it as I rarly use it).
Matthi205

Post by Matthi205 »

some custom units,not balanced(Saurians,Humans-two factions,Elves).Have Fun!
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

I'm perplexed, you want a simpler system than Wesnoth and to keep book-keeping at a minimum, but you add mana to mages?
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Matthi205

Post by Matthi205 »

You can use mana or not it's fully depending on you,but then you must remove one of the two spells that mages have.And with added mana mages aren't endless powerfull weapons(which they are in BfW).
TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

The idea of mana is fancy and all, but how exactly is this going to simplify things? And saying that 'you can use mana or not, it is up to you' is as good as Dave saying 'you can use RNG or not, it is up to you'.

It just doesn't work like that. The rules and regulations have to be established firmly, as they would be the basis on which the game would be played.
Numbers do not win a battle
---Konrad III
(A loyal member of the pro-loyalists)

Would you like to translate the Battle of Wesnoth into Indonesian? Then come and join us at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/IndonesianTranslation
Matthi205

Post by Matthi205 »

The mana is due to balancing issues and the units are not balanced.And it's only the alpha version,as noted.
Matthi205

Post by Matthi205 »

Please give me some time.I've installed a new OS on my comp and thus lost all files,including wesnoth.I've got to:
correct some things in the rulebook
add more units.
This will take some time,so please don't think this will be dead now.
Kalajel

Post by Kalajel »

Matthi205 wrote:Please give me some time.I've installed a new OS on my comp and thus lost all files,including wesnoth.I've got to:
correct some things in the rulebook
add more units.
This will take some time,so please don't think this will be dead now.
Hmm, that's odd… upgrading to a new OS on a Mac shouldn't cause this sort of problems…

Anyhow, I've downloaded all of your files, so I could e-mail them to you if it can help…
Matthi205

Post by Matthi205 »

The exact problem is that debian had a few bugs with my keyboard. :wink:
Matthi205

Post by Matthi205 »

UPDATES!!!
So,I had time again and added some new units and specified the rules a little bit. :)
Not much,let's see if I have time to make the same with Outlaws and the other fractions.But,first let's see if it is OK so. :D
I have some other unpublished units and additional rules,so that updates will go on. :wink:

PS:The Rulebook is a .doc ,I just renamed it because the forum don't allows me to attach it as such.
Matthi205

Post by Matthi205 »

UPDATES!!!AGAIN!
Rulebook is now a real .txt,has a few corrections,new lvl2 units...
Matthi205

Post by Matthi205 »

please post comments,balancing issues and game extension requests here
Matthi205

Post by Matthi205 »

OK , so now after a few years of abandonment , I'll try to revive my Boardgame , and lessen the info needed to keep track of . Details to follow ...