You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Adellion

Re: You've been playing Wesnoth too long when...

Post by Adellion »

1085: when you think that 1083 is correct

1086 : you have nightmares everynight from your friend landing a perfect 28 - 2 on your king.
TheMasterOfBattle

Post by TheMasterOfBattle »

1087: You take a break from your assembly language programming and logic circuit design homework to observe games on the Wesnoth server.
Caphriel

Post by Caphriel »

I don't even take a break, I watch simultaneously :D

1088: You right click on things when you have to give your attention to something else so that you don't miss anything.
Darkmage
Translator

Post by Darkmage »

1089: You play wherever you are, at work, school, your friend's home, no matter, a quick battle don't hurts.
DEATH_is_undead

Post by DEATH_is_undead »

Gambit wrote: also you left out these colors:
http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/memberlist ... oup&g=6644
Oh, come on, these didn't exist a little while back... I mean, Purple? Come on...
Could you really consider this as a group? I, personally, think to get in this group you have to know 2 languages...
racist. or well you know... forumgroupist.
I am not, I hate all Forum groups equally, to a degree.
3P MP Scenario - Great Dwarves Escape
The best way to learn is to follow. In order to learn WML, you have to follow other's work, and check their codes.
Cloud
Art Contributor

Post by Cloud »

Flameslash wrote:1084 - You have a Dream about DA's getting a "Shoe" 2-2 Melee Impact Attack.
1090 - When you try to use it on a President unit and miss both times, and lobby to get it Marksman status.

1091 - You read a book (or watch a film), and decide to make a faction loosely based on some of the people involved in the book.
Softly/SoftlySplinter on IRC. Will be lurking around more these days
Mainline Animations|The Væringjar
Art for these mead-sodden, bearded mushroom-junkies by Girgistian!
Joe1

Post by Joe1 »

1092- When you see a picture of redwoods and say "That's a lot of Great Trees..."

1093- When you think army ranks go "Sergeant, Lieutenant, General, Grand Marshal"

1094- You wonder why General Petraeus hasn't hired saurians to fight Al Qaeda. After all they'd be perfect in that terrain.

1095- When you realize that Jack the Ripper was chaotic so he only came out at night, he was undead so he could travel submerged through sewers, and since he was undead he killed whores to regenerate health because he couldn't find a healer.

1096-
Last edited by Joe1 on May 20th, 2009, 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The greatest enemy of freedom and liberty is the government" -Delfador's Memoirs

"Government is the definition of everlasting life" Ronald "The King" Reagan
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

1097: When you realize at a glance why 1092 will never happen.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Gambit wrote:1097: When you realize at a glance why 1092 will never happen.
True, I find dwarves can be very mean, certainly enough to deal with some orcs and goblins.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

Gambit wrote:1093: When you realize at a glance why 1092 will never happen.
1098: Your realize that Gambit's post should be 1097
Ehhhh... don't mind me, I'm just the annoying little modder who gets on peoples nerves. I'll just lurk till Someone says my name. :P

Oh, and also Creator of The War Of Terrador
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Yeah... and 1092 should be 1096... sooo wow... I think that was the most messed up post I've ever made in all my years of foruminating.

Should have been that you realize at a glance why the undead don't have healing units... besides the obvious thing of "healing" being "good magic". Then theres the fact that they're already powerful enough to not be given traits (so why give them the most powerful ability in the game?)... the list goes on... and you've been playing wesnoth too long if you can recite the whole thing...

Also no offense but you haven't been playing wesnoth long enough if you "demand" they be given healers. Not only does that screw things up, make no sense, and its not nice to demand things, but it also CABD in UMC.

I actually asked Noy about 3 years ago what the requirements for being a mod is, then later in the discussion I started saying about how every faction should have healing units and Noy says "that's why you aren't a mod" :lol2:
Joe1

Post by Joe1 »

1099:

1100: You carry a hammer around so that you can have impact damage just in case you're attacked by skeletons.

1101: You are stabbed and while in the ambulance you say "There's not much time, take me to a village!"

1102: You see someone else stabbed and run to help them saying "Quick everybody crowd around them to protect them... is there a white mage anywhere?!"

1103: Your son's dog dies and, trying to console him, you say "Aww... don't worry we can always recruit another one, they only cost nine gold..."

1104: When a relative dies you hurry to the scene saying "Good thing he died in a village, we have to bury him quickly before a Necromancer finds him."

1105: You start searching for an answer as to why units cannot become walking corpses in villages.

1106: When you cannot find an explanation you reason out that it must be because the villagers bury them or something before they can go all "Braaaaaiiiinz" on you.
"The greatest enemy of freedom and liberty is the government" -Delfador's Memoirs

Joe1

Post by Joe1 »

1107- When you edit your posts so as to make a retort.

Cloud
Art Contributor

Post by Cloud »

1108: You decide the reason you can't make zombies is due to the immense white magical power of them, so immense it... heals undead... >_> <_<

1109: You use Devilling Cursers for all your retorts.
Softly/SoftlySplinter on IRC. Will be lurking around more these days
Mainline Animations|The Væringjar
Art for these mead-sodden, bearded mushroom-junkies by Girgistian!
Joe1

Post by Joe1 »

1110- You wonder how vampires can bite someone three times in a row without them being able to stop it.

1111- You wonder why all elvish shamans are female.