Suggested change to description of Leadership in manual

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

lindsay40k

Suggested change to description of Leadership in manual

Post by lindsay40k »

Not sure if this is where I should bring such things up, but I've just started and wanted to make a contribution.

Existing description:

Leadership
This unit can lead friendly units that are next to it, making them fight better. Adjacent friendly units of lower level will do more damage in battle. When a unit adjacent to, of a lower level than, and on the same side as a unit with Leadership engages in combat, its attacks do 25% more damage times the difference in their levels.

Suggested change:

Leadership
This unit can lead friendly lower-level units that are next to it, making them fight better. Units adjacent to a friendly unit of a higher lever with Leadership do 25% more damage in combat, times the difference in their levels.
currently contributing art to Internet Meme Era
Turuk
Sithslayer

Re: Suggested change to description of Leadership in manual

Post by Turuk »

For proposed changes to the manual, you are better off posting them and discussing them in this thread: Manual Redraft

That has already been changed to read:

Leadership
This unit inspires surrounding units, helping them inflict more damage in battle. A unit with leadership affects any friendly lower-level unit in the six surrounding hexes, each of whom gains a 25% damage bonus for each level difference between their level and the level of the leadership ability.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Simons Mith

Re: Suggested change to description of Leadership in manual

Post by Simons Mith »

Yeah, just typical; the description is unaltered for about three years, maybe more, then gets two suggested redrafts within the space of a month. But if you're new to the game and are willing to look at our fresh draft of the manual, I for one would be grateful.