Why Luck Belongs in Wesnoth...a personal experience

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Darkmage
Translator

Re: Why Luck Belongs in Wesnoth...a personal experience

Post by Darkmage »

Edguy_Forever wrote:Well the worst thing of all, is when I accidentally walk too close to someone I don't like. Then we have to stand next to each other for a couple hours before one of us can move again. Although I'm still allowed to punch them a couple of times if I want.

¿Punch?¿Like trolls do?¿Do you regenerate(i would like to)?Be careful, he can counter attack with magic attacks.

Anyway that's not the worst, imagine that i can't sleep at any time of the day...(well if i do orcs slay me)
AThousandYoung

Post by AThousandYoung »

ElvenKing wrote:
Darkmage wrote:I recomend you to take some gryphons or in case eagles and let them go before you, incredibly the fog dissapears...(and the eagles go whereever you like to)
Unfortunately, I don't have enough money to buy one. I don't even have enough for a bat.

What I should do is restart my life with fog turned off; but I'm not certain that's possible.
Lazik surgergy? Education?
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Sangel wrote:
Dave wrote:And I saw a bishop recently and he seemed to be able to move in directions other than diagonally! It was bizarre!
Are you sure that you didn't see a queen? :wink:

OK, I'm bad.
Subtle. I like it. 8)
Play Frogatto & Friends - a finished, open-source adventure game!
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Jetryl wrote:Subtle. I like it. 8)
This is a family forum, after all. :twisted:
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
PhilipN

Post by PhilipN »

Now we're finding out why, as I read somewhere on this site, where there is a choice between simplicity and realism, the simplicity will usually win out. That being said, I started this thread in order to point out something that I think could've been in the "Luck in Wesnoth" rationale forum before it was locked (which was before I discovered this site). This game is not an entirely realistic wargame, but a strategy game with various rules (such as full-healing when leveling, and your speed of movement being somehow related to your ability to see through fog) to keep the game interesting. I like the game as is.

The more recent posts on this thread do read like the "You Know You've Been Playing Wesnoth Too Long When..." forum (which I got some really good laughs from).
uzytkownik

Post by uzytkownik »

ElvenKing wrote:
Darkmage wrote:I recomend you to take some gryphons or in case eagles and let them go before you, incredibly the fog dissapears...(and the eagles go whereever you like to)
Unfortunately, I don't have enough money to buy one. I don't even have enough for a bat.

What I should do is restart my life with fog turned off; but I'm not certain that's possible.
Unless in multiplayer:

Code: Select all

:debug
fog
It helps so much when one debug his/her live...